It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Peterson Jury May Be Hung

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The Jurors in Scott Peterson's murder trial for the death of his wife Lacy and unborn son Connor, has indicated to the judge that they may be having difficulty reaching a verdict. The jurors, after having requested to see the Peterson boat, which is evidence in the trial, told the judge that they needed to hear the instructions again. Earlier while looking at Peterson's boat, some of the jurors appeared to be testing the boats stability, and ability to remain upright.

www.foxnews.com
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. � Jurors deliberating Scott Peterson's fate in his double-murder trial indicated Monday they may be unable to reach a verdict.

Judge Alfred A. Delucchi summoned jurors to the courtroom Monday just an hour and half after they resumed deliberations. They got the case Wednesday afternoon and spent the weekend sequestered in a hotel after deliberating through Friday.

The judge reissued instructions to the jurors on several key points.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The issue of jurors having difficulties coming to a unanimous decision doesn't worry experts at this point. The jurors actions with Mr. Peterson's boat does lead some experts to believe that it would give grounds for a mis-trial.

Jurors are to rely on evidence presented in court, not determinations made from their own experimentation.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Interesting Headline Phreak.

Wasn't a juror replaced at one point? And the replacement was a lawyer?
Or am I confusing this with another case?

That whole rocking the boat experiment, I agree that it does not really
show the true characteristics of the boat, when it's out of water..

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
There was a juror replaced. That was after the very beginning of the trial. The lawyer/doctor, aka juror #5 is the foreman of the jury.

I agree rocking it on the trailer doesn't give you a real feel for the boat's ability to remain upright if one were to try and push a weighted object out of it. But personally, looking at that boat, I can't see it not taking on water were you to try doing that.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Does anyone else find the Scott Peterson case to be boring and just a soap-opera for the news media industry? I really hate seeing news about this case on TV or anywhere because I really couldn't care whether he is guilty or not because it doesn't effect my life. I see this story on the news and I just want to scream because I don't care!

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Yes its meaningless to the rest of the world. Its just another "Hollywoodism" of the everyday life in the USA, I mean, is this the first man who killed his wife in the USA... I think not.

You guys (americans) just like to make a big deal about everything, then write a Book about it, then have a T.V. series about it, then a Broadway production, then every school in the states will have a drama production about it, then you will debate it in the 2008 elections, then there will finally be a Movie made on it, and then ten years later when every one just forgot about it, you will have a remake of the Movie only "spiced" up to fit the current times... retarded, and we wonder why the system is so lagged down.

[edit on 11/8/04 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The judge has aparently Re-Instructed the jurors? Wha tthe issue was is a mystery. But it does not bode well.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
THERE IS ALREADY A THREAD ABOUT "LACI PETERSON"

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumptyDumpty
You guys (americans) just like to make a big deal about everything,

... retarded, and we wonder why the system is so lagged down.

Well, I thought that everyone was entitled to their own choices as far as entertainment. I am not all that interested in this case, but your comment could easily be considered a bigotted remark. You know that we're not the only country that sensationalizes certain stories that peak the interest of the general public. BTW, the system is "lagged down" because of (dirty) lawyers and not bored Americans.

On topic, aren't there rumors floating around about a juror refusing to deliberate? Seems that this trial has become a total mess.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
A juror was thought to have gone beyond the bounds and conducted some of his own evidence discovery and expirimentation. For that they have been removed, and replaced with an aternate juror.

www.foxnews.com
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. � A juror in Scott Peterson's double-murder trial was dismissed and replaced Tuesday, forcing the jury to start its deliberations all over again.

The pool of 12 had been mulling over the case for five days. Juror No. 7 was let go by Judge Alfred A. Delucchi on Tuesday and replaced by alternate Juror No. 2, a white woman in her 30s, FOX News has learned.

The news came just hours after the jury was called together for a special hearing Tuesday morning. It appeared one of them may have done research on his or her own, which could potentially lead to a mistrial, FOX News has learned.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think the judge replaced the juror in the hope that it could keep this from becoming a mis-trial, and to also lessen the appealability should Peterson be found guilty.
EDIT:
Additional News Sources
www.cnn.com

[edit on 11/9/2004 by phreak_of_nature]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The jury foreman has been replaced for undiscosed reasons in the Peterson trial. The jury seems to be in total disarray at this point and Its only a matter of time before a mistrial is declared.

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. - The judge in the Scott Peterson murder trial removed the foreman from the jury Wednesday, the second time in two days a juror has been sent home
Foreman Replaced

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumptyDumpty
You guys (americans) just like to make a big deal about everything,

... retarded, and we wonder why the system is so lagged down.

More evidence that as long as your bashing America, conservatism or Christianity, good fortune will follow you everywhere. Deviate from this standard and ill-winds begin to blow.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Unless they had some evidence they showed to jury that wasnt on the news I dont see how they COULD convict,

Correct me if I am wrong but the didnt know where she was killed, how she was killed, when she was killed, why she was killed, etc; but they "knew" he killed her? Please.

They might "know" but that is why we have trials so they cant just lock up people that they "know" did it

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Anyone noticed this all started happening when the "Analyst's" were saying it would be a hung jury, or he would be acquitted? I have not been following this case that much, but It would seem intresting to me to know "Who" brought it to attention of the Judge. This would have to be thrown out, and possibily re-tried, but alas I am not a Lawyer....

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I won't say where I heard this but my information is this:
Scott Peterson made some enemies with the Mexican Mafia.
They knew where he lived and he knew that they were after him.
Didn't someone say that there were some dark skin men on his front lawn that morning?
Something just does not add up here.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Well, Peterson was convicted by a jury of his peers (Not really as I doubt that the jury was composed of murderers) and sits on death row in San Quentin.

How exactly does a fertilizer salesman piss off the Mexican mafia??

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I read your reply but I can't say anymore.
Do a little research and you may find out.

[edit on 28-3-2005 by MagicaRose]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
I read your reply but I can't say anymore.

Oooh cryptic responce, why not? Maybe because there is no more to the story?

FYI: his hired gun defence lawyer was spreading these rumors around to sow resonable doubt.

[edit on 3/28/05 by FredT]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well, if the Mexican Mafia wants to get a hold of him, they should have no problem doing that in prison.

new topics

top topics

join