It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Gun Down Dog...Again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Not sure if this Is the appropriate forum...and I searched for this, but couldn't find it...so mods, feel free to do what you do.

This is happening way too much recently. There is a lot that can be said about this video, but it boils down to police officers detaining a man for filming them, and when his dog decides to protect his master, it is shot down.

The video is heartbreaking if you're an animal lover...and it could have easily been prevented.

The shooting happens at 3:20, but watch fully for more context.

WARNING NOT SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE...

Cops shoot dog while owner is detained for filming them responding to another call

edit on 7/1/2013 by JamesTheScribe because: Couldn't embed video...changed to a link

edit on Tue Jul 2 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: added headline for warning

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It's not just the shooting...the officers may have genuinely feared for their safety.

As far as I can tell, this man was only detained for filming the "action" and was fully cooperating with the police.

Sure, he should have rolled up his windows some more after putting the dog in the car...but why is he being detained in the first place?

Several things wrong with this whole situation.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
All of that could have simply been avoided if the guy would have had enough common sense to stay on the other side of the street, and gave the police there space....I am not condoning or sympathizing with the current state of Law Enforcement in this country, and it's a shame the dog had to go out like that. After all he was doing what any one of us could hope our canine friends would do..protect us when harmed...
With that said though....that dude clearly put himself in a bad situation that ended bad.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
very sad..poor dog, stupid owner..having said not sure why the dude was being detained for filming at a good distance..i guess shoulda rolled up the windows a bit more but might of got shot doing that..i dunno there are no winners here

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
That guy was acting like a belligerent clown. He obviously wanted to get the attention of the police, and in doing so got his poor dog shot. I feel sorry for the dog...poor fella.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The cop had no right in harassing the owner for filming them.

Its a public place and anyone can be filmed.

Dogs don't just try to protect there owner unless there is something very strange going on.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
A dog that was not properly restrained posed a threat to public safety, and was neutralized.

Regardless of the legality of the police detaining the owner, that dog appeared to be a genuine threat, and was dealt with appropriately.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JamesTheScribe

And that is why I have trained my dogs in bounding over watch to specifically take out an armed assailant. I never travel with less than 3.

Unfortunately police are trained to shoot dogs if they feel threatened. It is perfectly legal to commit murder in hat respect.

So, is that saying that if the guy that was hand cuffed was running around trying to bite them that they are authorized to shoot him?

Then why the hell is it ok to shoot a dog like that.

I agree with the Stupid Owner comment.
edit on 1-7-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I retracted what I said because I lost my mind when I saw that.

there is no justification for this whatsoever.

/originalcomment

HAHAHAH HOW THE F CAN YOU JUSTIFY THE DOG BEING SHOT LIKE THAT

ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS LET THE GUY GO FOR A SECOND AND THE DOG WOULD HAVE BACKED RIGHT OFF

AND IN RETROSPECT, THEY DIDNT EVEN NEED TO DETAIN THE GUY AT ALL

WTF IS WRONG YOU WITH WORLD?

edit on 1-7-2013 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Yeah, not justified at all.

It takes a real man to respect life, it takes a scumbag to terminate it at the first opportunity.

How about tying the dog's leash to something real quick? There's literally hundreds of ways this could of been dealt with without having to put it down.

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

A dog that was not properly restrained posed a threat to public safety, and was neutralized.

Regardless of the legality of the police detaining the owner, that dog appeared to be a genuine threat, and was dealt with appropriately.

LOL That's the funniest thing I've heard on ATS since the mid 2000s. Congrats.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Am I watching a different video than everyone else, because I saw a guy yelling at cops while filming them, not sure what was being said, but he was clearly yelling at them, as he lowers his camera a few times to help with the projection of his voice.

If they were simply arresting people for filming them, why didn't the people that made -this- video or the -other- person that was filming also get detained?

It is truly unfortunate that this man's dog had to pay for his civil disobedience, but the man -was- being civilly disobedient.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I don't have a problem with the guy filming or even harassing these police officers, it is there job to be in the limelight under scrutiny.
I do have a problem with the dog caretaker bringing his dog with him to do so.
The very least he could have done would be to shut the end of the leash in the door, keeping the dog at the car, inside of course.
To roll the windows up on his dog would have gotten him an animal cruelty charge.
Bad situation made worse by stupid humans, it is against the T&C on ATS for me to express my deepest wishes for these thugs with badges.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I shouldn't have watched that, my eyebrows haven't raised since.

They are stuck in the evil position, for now.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Brave American police. Good work boys plenty more defenceless animals out there for you to murder I'm sure.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Those clowns came after the guy from a quarter block away.
He was not doing anything that threatened the police.

I think it should be a legal requirement for any bystander to film all police activity. Maybe enough evidence would slow down some of the illegal activities they have gotten so used to getting away with.

Police have lost sight of what they are supposed to be doing.

By the way, my brother is a cop.
I already know the drill.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join