It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Statement from Edward Snowden

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
He's a brave man.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GEMINI052165
I agree with most of the comments so far.

The NSA has been spying on Americans ever since its existence, maybe not to the great extent that it is doing today. I don’t mind them listening in on our conversations if it can save us from having another 9/11. But, the thing that upsets me is that it didn't stop 9/11, or the first attack to the WTC, the USS Cole bombing, and the most recent Boston bombing. I do understand and believe that they have prevented 100’s maybe even 1000’s of potential attacks on US soil, and possibly over seas. In my opinion the NSA has gotten to big and maybe there should be some changes. Just like the IRS.

If you give someone and inch, they will always want a mile. _javascript:icon('
')

The further I read into your post the harder my palm was pushing on my face.

Please... PLEASE think!
edit on 2-7-2013 by soulwaxer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizenx1

Originally posted by Archie
Good catch, citizenx1.

My favourite part:

In the end the Obama administration is not afraid of whistleblowers like me, Bradley Manning or Thomas Drake. We are stateless, imprisoned, or powerless.

No, the Obama administration is afraid of you. It is afraid of an informed, angry public demanding the constitutional government it was promised — and it should be.

I am unbowed in my convictions and impressed at the efforts taken by so many.

Edward Joseph Snowden Monday 1st July 2013

He's absolutely right. It's stupid how in a democratic society, people are so afraid of the power they possess.

I'd have expected this behaviour of Bush but never of Obama. Just shows how power corrupts.
so ur finally figuring out obama isnt any diffrent then any of them lol

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by citizenx1

Do they still salute and say...
With Liberty and Justice for All?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
when putin & china & all the countries are done wringing him out like a wet rag & they have all the info they need
they are going to throw him to the wind lol, this isnt the way he thought it would play out

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by christafinias

use that 'right to bear arm's' you guys love so much..

We "LOVE" all of our rights and want to keep them ALL.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by defcon5

This is what I have been saying, albeit in a different way. It's not Obama this or Obama that or any party for that matter, it is about who we are. Snowden has put us all real to something that we already knew, without the proof.
The constitution, any constitution, is not applicable to us, it only applies to the government. We are not people who have some kind of constitution that protects us, we can only be citizens of corporation that deny us that constitution day in and day out. The evidence is overwhelming, millions languishing in gaols all over the 'constitutional democratic' world. prime ministers/presidents impeached? almost zilch. crimes for citizens, just about everything really, crimes for governments...just about everything really, plus now the desire to make it alright that they can look up your ass on a daily basis and hopefully stick a non-potato chip up there just to be sure to be sure. Who's fault is it? well you don't have to look to far.

I would add they can kill American Citizens anywhere in the world without a trial.
I think much more can be added to that.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by defcon5

And in other recent news:

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) on Tuesday said that an amendment advanced by the Senate would leave the U.S. with the “most militarized border” since the fall of the Berlin Wall and pave the way for the passage of comprehensive immigration reform.

So is he hoping to keep "them" out, or us in? Or is it both?

This is what I have been expecting. Soon we will need "papers" to move between states let alone out of the country and eventually all the electronics i have seen installed in the last few years even here in a small town, will be used to keep you from moving around freely at all.

Controlling all movement within a population gives the total control they are moving towards.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984
reply to post by defcon5

I wonder if Obama will be required to have a "Real ID"?

-TS

No more then they serve GMO Foods at his dinner table.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by defcon5

This is what I have been saying, albeit in a different way. It's not Obama this or Obama that or any party for that matter, it is about who we are. Snowden has put us all real to something that we already knew, without the proof.
The constitution, any constitution, is not applicable to us, it only applies to the government. We are not people who have some kind of constitution that protects us, we can only be citizens of corporation that deny us that constitution day in and day out. The evidence is overwhelming, millions languishing in gaols all over the 'constitutional democratic' world. prime ministers/presidents impeached? almost zilch. crimes for citizens, just about everything really, crimes for governments...just about everything really, plus now the desire to make it alright that they can look up your ass on a daily basis and hopefully stick a non-potato chip up there just to be sure to be sure. Who's fault is it? well you don't have to look to far.

I would add they can kill American Citizens anywhere in the world without a trial.
I think much more can be added to that.

Case in point or just a coincidence?

Senator Mark Udall Blasts the NSA

Senator Mark Udalls Brother Missing

We're all gonna die.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by talisman
I disagree. Obama and the powers that be are not afraid. This is why they do what they do.
The Gov should fear the people, that is how it should be. The Gov for and by the people. Its out of control, and has very little regard for any of us. They have no fear, they are arrogant and we are truly powerless because most people are more interested in whats on television or the newest movie or game that will come out.

People, blog about the new Star Wars movie, or argue about the Hulk vs whomever and which team has won its championship etc.

The Gov knows this and just continues doing what it does.
edit on 1-7-2013 by talisman because: (no reason given)

Everything you say is true, but I don't think the disinterest of the population is the only reason.

They have now set in place such a strong wall, there is not anything to be done in the normal ways. Your voice will not be heard, your votes do not count, there is no control of your state reps and going to them will get you no where!

It is done, the control is out of the hands of the public and the only time something comes of the public desires being met, is when they want the same thing, leaving us with the false impression that we have accomplished something.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Archie
reply to post by talisman

So, what, you are helpless?

Are the American people being held captive by their government unable to do anything at all to effect real change in their own country?

Wow, that is not a country, that is an open prison.

I can kind of understand the apathy. Sometimes when the cage door is opened, even just a bit, a creature held too long in captivity will prefer the security of the cage. This is the American people it seems. Tamed and domesticated l'il critters, the lapdogs of the elite.
edit on 1-7-2013 by Archie because: (no reason given)

So what do you suggest? We forcibly take out the governments from state to Feds and all the judges and supreme court? Sounds easy maybe I will put that on my calendar!

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Faust100f

In a similar class on Political Science, I first learned that my vote does not count. The instructor explained why he himself does not vote even though politics was his passion.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by talisman

The United States has become a very unique "Beast" if you will. One that can offer the illusion of choice while also offering the illusion of the "american dream" and if they can pacify the masses with a comfortable existence they can operate under the veil of "National Security" a lot more easily.

Around 50% of Americans are on antidepressants and other drugs, around 50% of the population is on welfare of one kind or another. Perfect, go watch the game.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I'm still amazed that the guy is able to make statements from the otherside of the world. Dont you think the agencies have connections to the underworld in those countries to take him out (if they wanted to)? I'm still thinking Manchurian Candidate or a Political move to accomplish and push local policies and agendas.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
I am not trolling, and I want to say this as diplomatically as possible,

-and perhaps I am ill informed, ignorant of current events.... perhaps the media here in Europe hasn't been doing it's job in regards to this situation...

But he says the government is afraid of the people...?

How long since Snowden came out with this now?
How many huge protests have gone down?
Have they stopped up the streets?
Have the people all refused to go to work, to do their jobs, to keep the machine going, in order to make an impact??

I sorta doubt the government is very scared of the people.
Just sayin'......

Don't see a turnout like in Egypt no.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
If I could talk to him I'd say, "Thank you Mr. Snowden for everything you have done and are trying to do." I wish there was a way to get him someplace safe. If such a place exists...

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thiaoouba Prophecy
reply to post by introV

All it takes is The Weight of One Truth set on a Mountain of lies to tear down that Mountain. Momentum is building like a rocket. You will see. The collective masses are awakening from their slumber. Remember you were once asleep too you know.

Most of the people I talk to and hear from believe the guy is a trader to his country. If you speak of freedom they say we need to be safe. If you tell them where their need of safety will lead they give you the "your a dumb troublemaker" look.

They are ok even on ATS with Boston having military boots kick in their doors being searched and manhandled for one young "terrorist". They wave the flag and say if you seeing lies and schemes you are NOT an AMERICAN and should leave the country.

Show them the history and how it is done each and every time but now with advent of CGI and Hollywood methods they have it made......and they will not even look!

whatreallyhappened.com...

FAKE TERROR - THE ROAD TO WAR AND DICTATORSHIP

Michael Rivero

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

The more that people of the world are educated on the true nature of their governments and general unethical practice. the more people will be able to have a real say in the democratic processes in their lands.

The hope I am holding is that there is a NON-HUMAN government coming. There has never been a just ruling of man over man. Mankind is full of greed and the lust of power, there is no other hope.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by introV

No, the Obama administration is afraid of you. It is afraid of an informed, angry public demanding the constitutional government it was promised — and it should be.

Goosebumps. If only the average citizen gave a hoot about ANY of this stuff.

just because you do not hear it reported that people care, does not mean that they don't. we must recognize that the media and our elected representatives, are scared s##tless of some other "power"...otherwise, they would be doing the necessary job of helping the common man and protecting his rights.
edit on 2-7-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join