It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China/Chinese Theory?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Has anyone ever heard of a thoery called the "China theory" OR the "Chinese theory"? I did some searching and didnt find anything. I heard a physicist mention this theory but didnt explain it at all.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
very brief arent you?

er...chinese theory is about chinese people and chinese land and chinese food amd chinese er....

[edit on 8/11/2004 by Channy]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
maybe you mean the China Syndrome? there was a movie about it a while ago, if i remember correctly its something to do with nuclear reactors that when they screw up and the core overheats it will sink into the earth, in theory all the way to china, however in reality it would hit underground water which would then create steam shooting it up again into the air and spreading nuclear contamination everywhere.

well thats what I remember I'm sure someone else can explain it a lot better

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
This might be the theory or question, not pulling legs here.

If you created a hole through the earth, throw out the magma physics for a second here. Then drop an object in on the american side, Would the object?

A: go straight through and pop out on the China side.
B. go though to the China side and out into space.
C. go almost all the way through, then continue to oscillate back and forth until equlibrium in th center.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   
c) becuse when you reck the center of the earth you will have almost the kentic energy to make it out the other side( you will have lost some from air resistence and that). But not quite so you will fall back down to the center and up agen. This is becuse of the there would be a neaver compleat potential to kentic energy tranfrear.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I do believe it was the China Syndrome.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
i dont think it would go all the through the earth. Thats just exagerated, but it might just stay at the center of the earth and mess with the earths core. But thats just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
i dont think it would go all the through the earth. Thats just exagerated, but it might just stay at the center of the earth and mess with the earths core. But thats just my opinion.

By the way, nice patriotissm pic kessel.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
C is the closest answer since the core density increases and the weak forces that cause gravity would continue to rise near the center, the oscillation would short live, I believe.

But the real question was this the China Theory?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
why drill to the core - for example if you made a straight line tunnel from europe to america - it would be downhill half the way gaining just enough energy to make it up the hill in the second half.

On a lighter note - i though Chinese Theory was "man with itchy arse also has smelly finger"

join