It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Good Arguments For A Different Story of Ancient Egypt

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

Pre cataclysm culture built the earths megaliths.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timkel
a reply to: Harte

Watched the video, shows him drilling through soft stone with a bow drill and copper core. Look again at the granite cores and do you honestly believe that method would work and at the speed of cut that the Egyptians achieved. I am not talking alien technology here, I am simply saying that the Egyptians had a method of cutting stone that is beyond our comprehension.

Wait.

I thought you said coring granite by hand with a copper tool was "nonsense."

So, is it "nonsense" or not?

Harte

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

NO!!, you may have worked in the industry but I can see that any further discussion is pointless.

Of course you don't.

You might have to eat your ignorant words.

Harte

(post by Timkel removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Refer to previous.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Inappropriate post removed by staff.

So granite is "soft stone" now.

Must be the influence of the spirits.

Harte
edit on 5/2/16 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
this page explains all those popular misunderstandings/ misinterpretations/ Däniken´s LIES quite well..

doernenburg.alien.de...

LOOK at the bigger pics and READ the explanations.

there is nothing left to BELIEVE.

its just some ideas Däniken made popular because of commercial reasons. Däniken is a convicted criminal, he was in jail.
He is a liar. And those stupid Ancient Aliens Series made by FOX CORP didnt make it better.

cheeers
edit on 4-2-2016 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

[Inappropriate post removed by staff.]

Who's the idiot here? Someone that knows the facts, or someone that believes somehow that granite is "soft?"

Stocks was brought along to test his theories about how the cores were drilled. Inspired by a bow drill seen in an ancient Egyptian wall painting, Stocks designs a home-made bow drill. He wraps rope around a copper pipe that the Egyptians could have forged. Hopkins and Lehner then pull back and forth on the bow, which is weighted from above. The pipe spins in place, rubbing the sand, which etches a circle into the stone. With the assistance of the sand, the turning copper pipe succeeds in cutting a hole into the granite slab. With the aid of a bow drill and sand, the pipe has cut a circular hole into the stone.

The result (in granite - you know, the soft stone):

I tried to warn you.

Harte

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Aah, I thought this would attract the attention of a troll. Well I will attempt to penetrate that shell of ignorance. Electric motors!!, no I didn't say that but the drill core shows indisputable evidence of rapid progress through very hard stone. The spiral cutting line is a pressure,not percussion process and beyond today's capability.the remains of the core show that a very thin-walled tool was used. That is mind boggling!!.

I can tell you that I would shut up and take notes if I were you. Byrd is the last person to call a troll and you have no idea the knowledge base in this forum. It is staggering just considering the posters in this thread. Grow up.

(post by Timkel removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   

a reply to: howmuch4another

[Inappropriate post removed by staff]

Absolutely.

Anyone is allowed to be as ignorant as they wish.

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join