It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does pre-existing information come from?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Science tells us that information pre-exists before it takes material form. Where does this information come from and where does it reside? Is it in another dimension or a world of forms?

Things like quantum mechanics and entropy tell us this information pre-exists material form.

Look at Silicon. It can be in pure form or the form of computer chips. You can have trees in the woods and another form is a log cabin.

Quantum mechanics tells us both probable states exist as a wave function pre-material form. Entropy tells us that this information is in a low or high state of entropy and both states are probable configurations of matter and information.

So where does this information exists pre-material form and where does it come from?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

ITs all about the arrow of time. Does information only go into the future or is a 2 way in which information is passed in both directions.
link

edit on 1-7-2013 by minor007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Apparently in the paradigm of the intellectuals of today it is popular to take and orthodox atheistic view of existence
where there is no inherit intelligence or design existent and all that unfolds is by random chance. What a dull
universe this paradigm yields. What common sense should tell us is that intelligence and your so-called
'pre-existing information ' is inherit to the nature of the universe and all of existence. We discover nothing more
than what already is - we create and define existence as we are part of it. Intelligence can neither be created nor
destroyed - either we exist in an intelligent universe which was always intelligent - or we are a chaotic delusion which may or may not even exist. In my universe all 'pre-existing information' exists and only needs to be discovered and defined.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

actually quite a lot of intellectuals do believe that there is more to this universe than what we see. We just dont believe what religion teaches us. We dont need a religion to get along, have common values and other such nonsense that religion teaches people. We can have all that without a religion. Science however gives us facts something that can be tested in the lab and be replicated by others. IF its not replicated then someones gone wrong in the maths. Maths can be seen to be cold but maths is the language of the universe and the universe itself is made up from that language. That does include consciousness which makes us aware. At the very heart of our universe lies as what the OP had said is information only science can unravel what this information is trying to tell us about the universe. I think most people dont realise is that what we know about the universe and its mathematical makeup does not truely explain everything. How for example does dead matter come to life?
TO give another exsample lets suppose we can shrink a scientist to the size of a bacteria and we put that scientist inside the body of someone. The scientists now travels through this body and derives mathematical formulas based on what he sees. The question that is to be asked is this; given all the maths he has done could he say with 100% accuracy that he was inside the body of a living conscious sentient being?.
IT is true we cant fully understand the universe using the western paradigm and there does seem to be a shift to an eastern paradigm especially when it comes to quantum.

Sorry to be slighly off topic but it had to be said.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

As based on pre-existing information

Nobody comes on Earth for real, your soul is motionless. It resides in a place where your mother had created you first

Around you are hardware and devices. Everything is located in a quite different than anything you are used to world

There are myriad worlds out there, each one has its own hardware and devices space. A pre-existing information may come either from your personal or connected to you stuff

I've just started to put everything I know on-line. I believe I can post a link here, if I'm wrong, please, edit this part of message only

i-library.me...

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
It comes from quantum fluctuations in vacuum energy.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace
It comes from quantum fluctuations in vacuum energy.

Can you elaborate on the meaning of that concept?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Pre-existing information comes from common people's knowledge. Once scientists "discover" it and pharmaceutical companies patent it then it exists.
It's as simple as that. Once enough money is spent on it, it is real.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Illy7

Illy7, I can't get the link to work. Please help! Thanks. : )

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join