It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Case Study - Portugal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
First of all , I'd like to say that I am a Universe Entusiast... I am not here to talk about aliens, because I dont ever seen one... I am not here to sell a book... and I am sure not here to talk about a crazy theory... not to show spaceships done in photoshop.

Second... Sorry for my bad english, but Portuguese is my first language.

I am writing this post, to seek some help trying to figure out whats going on in my country... with some crazy lights in the sky ... not satellites, not comercial airplanes ... I never in my life saw this lights in the sky before... I am a not professional fisherman, but I spent hours in beaches fishing at night ...

For me all started in the third of June, I was in the Silver Coast area fishing near a city called Foz do Arelho in Middle Portugal area. By 10h45PM, I saw a strange bright light in the sky moving to fast ...I was able to take a picture of it with my cellphone. Later on the computer I saw 2 objects, one green that I couldnt see at naked eye and the other one... 10 minutes later, I saw 5, yes five, F16 fighter jets, in this area looking for something, flying in circles... This object was moving from South to North much faster than a comercial airplane. The F16's scouted the area and disappeared to North too. Two F16 came from West, and 3 from North.

This was the object.

This map shows us the observation point, the position of the F16 and the location of the object.

Later I talked with some fisherman friends, that were some miles from me and they told me that they saw the strange light, and the f16's two. They told me that the light was moving like it was broken.

I also saw on Flightradar, and Stellarium ... because I thought it was the ISS... but moving North is not.

Later I discovered some videos of the same night from a friend that live 40 miles from me ... and he saw 3 objects 1h later. He say he saw 4 Flashes in the sky, blue color. This were the two objects

You can see a video that we make here

www.youtube.com...

He did a map in the Stellarium for the observation area

On the 24 of June, I was fishing in Peniche. I saw a "star" moving with a low brightness... and a very fluid movement. Like if you saw a leaf in the air...

I didnt took a picture because my phone couldnt pick up the light, but I did a sketch.. I was a very faint light, almost impossible to see at naked eye. I only saw it because I was looking to Saturn.

When this happened I saw the Flight that I show here also

This was a Map from where I were.

My friend is picking up videos after videos from this ufo's... night after night... He is very carefull, always looking in flightradar and Stellarium...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

And other videos are available on youtube.

I can also say that yesterday ... I saw a big flash in the sky with no "trail" too.

I dont want to sell any books, or show a crazy theory... I am only "stupid" with so much activity in the sky ... with this strange rapid objects, with crazy trajectories ... and I also think is was strange to see the 5 F16 by night in a populated area doing noise... after a stange light in the sky...

My friend is a night watcher... he also have a radio that is picking up Chinook activity in here ( British or American I dont know ).

I just wanted to share with you...

edit on 1-7-2013 by ufoportugal84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoportugal84

Sorry for my bad english, but Portuguese is my first language.

You did a good job

I don't know what it is you were seeing as the videos don't really give any clues but my gut instinct is its probably planes or satellites given that night vision videos picks them up fairly well , but I can't say for sure .

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Do you get paid to haunt this forum? lol

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
paid to what? haunt? I am no ghost.

I am sure that the objects are no satellites or planes. We can use the flightradar to confirm what airplanes are in the area... and the Stellarium to see the satellites.

And the flight pattern its not like a satellite.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
If you see this video is from 30th June

www.youtube.com...

You can see a big flash from a object. A Satellite dont do this, neither a plane.

The picture have a bad quality because as you can imagine, its night time... with no light... and on a budget camera...

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

You can see a big flash from a object. A Satellite dont do this, neither a plane.

They do , there are failed Iridium satellites up there that do that , here's Iridium #28 and the second is Iridium #33.

www.rod.sladen.org.uk...

edit on 1-7-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Have you tried to explore the military exercise explanation?
I´saying this because you mention 5 F-16 at night and Chinook helicopters. Did you confirm those CH-47 Chinooks?

Also, Monte Real airbase is near Leiria, so those F-16´s could get there in no time.

Another possible explanation could be a drug-busting operation. The F-16´s were chasing a lightweight aircraft (those unknown lights you saw). If you did hear rotors from an helicopter but cannot positively identify them as a Chinook, yet, that sound could be from a Portuguese EH-101 Merlin (they have radar and FLIR), so they can operate at night.

Just trying to help.
Let´s first explore more obvious explanations. No pun intendend. I´m not discarding nothing.
Let´s await for your feed-back.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Very nice job of reporting ufop84! Thanks for sharing.
Gortex is very knowledgeable and his points should be considered, but this also looks interesting enough to keep following. The "falling leaf" motion has long been associated with UFO reports and in itself calls for keeping an open mind.

Keep up the great work!

edit on 1-7-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
Very nice job of reporting ufop84! Thanks for sharing.
Gortex is very knowledgeable and his points should be considered, but this also looks interesting enough to keep following. The "falling leaf" motion has long been associated with UFO reports and in itself calls for keeping an open mind.

Keep up the great work!

edit on 1-7-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

Tnks. The "falling leaf" was a very difficult to see at naked eye. I was looking to the brigh Saturn and I saw a "star" , normal one near it. Very far away... But I noticed movement... Slow one... I guess it was slow because it was very high ... but very flow ...

This friend is not interessed in crazy stories, he is a serious "night watcher"... with radio, tower and cameras... He is familiared with satellites and other...

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by meaningless333
Have you tried to explore the military exercise explanation?
I´saying this because you mention 5 F-16 at night and Chinook helicopters. Did you confirm those CH-47 Chinooks?

Also, Monte Real airbase is near Leiria, so those F-16´s could get there in no time.

Another possible explanation could be a drug-busting operation. The F-16´s were chasing a lightweight aircraft (those unknown lights you saw). If you did hear rotors from an helicopter but cannot positively identify them as a Chinook, yet, that sound could be from a Portuguese EH-101 Merlin (they have radar and FLIR), so they can operate at night.

Just trying to help.
Let´s first explore more obvious explanations. No pun intendend. I´m not discarding nothing.
Let´s await for your feed-back.

The Chinooks were caught in radio chat by my friend.. We didnt notice them...

yes my Idea was that the F16 came from Monte Real base... The light that I saw, was impossible to be an light aircraft...It was TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FAST!

I am also not descarting anything... thats the reason of my post here in ATF... I think the F16 strange because there was any military exercise... and when there is, are not by night in a city area...

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Another thing...

Yesterday there was people talking that in PORTO, many people saw what look like many birds moving at night.. but ... with lights... many lights "traveling" together... We collected their viewings.

Other thing...
NOTAM track military exercises... of the day that I saw the F16 there was noting scheduled...

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
About the last "lights" seen in "O Porto"

Witness Nº1 - Mr. Tiago Montes

I was in bed when my mom told me to see some strange lights in the sky. I arrived at my window, and I saw at minimum 50 bright dots in the sky, like an airplane lights but without blink and high speed. I saw them during 5 minutes, and they disappeared.

Witness Nº2 - Mrs. Alexandra Mendoça

I live in "O Porto" in a 9th floor. Me and my husband saw a bright spot in the sky with tons of lights. I looks like a bee group moving at high speed. At 1h40AM another group of lights pass closer to us, disappearing into the sea.

Witness Nº3 - Mrs. Carolina

I am from Brasil, I am in Guimarães ( Near O Porto ), and we saw more than 100 lights in the sky, blinking, moving to West, during 12 minutes, without a formation.

These a some of them.... We are collecting a large number of people that saw this.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

They do , there are failed Iridium satellites up there that do that , here's Iridium #28 and the second is Iridium #33.

www.rod.sladen.org.uk...

edit on 1-7-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add

If you see all of my friends videos... you can see that satellites dont have the trajectores, the changes in movement, that this objects have

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

These a some of them.... We are collecting a large number of people that saw this.

Any mention of the colour of these lights ?
Could it have been this or related to this .

23 June 2013 - Porto's biggest party that lasts all night. People of all ages out in the streets, hitting each other with oversized hollow plastic hammers, music and dancing, drinking and eating, fireworks and sending lanterns up into the sky

edit on 1-7-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Humm...

I dont think that Portuguese Air Force (PoAF) has 5 F-16´s on QRA (Quick-Ready Alert), this meaning that that are capable of being in the air just 5 minutes after the alert. Usually, there would be only two.

The Spanish Army operates Chinooks. Did the Chinook comunications had a spanish accent. Those comms are made in english, but we know that the spanish speak english with a characteristic accent. Also their radio call signs could hint about their origin.
Those Chinook means that Spanish forces (most likely) were also involved.

Yes, I agree with you on F-16´s zooming loud at night above a town. I dont think they were praticising interception against spanish Eurofighter´s/F-18´s.
And 5 F-16´s represent a substantial part of the available PoAF fighter inventory.

S. João (St. John) festivities (and S. Pedro or St. Peter) generate a lot of small hot ballons in the air (kind like chinese lanterns) on some of those reported nights.

Keep sharing!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Thank you Gortex

I was trying to see a video from Porto to try to find some sense of this... Now its clear to me what people saw...

About the F16s we can only especulate... I saw 2 from West, 3 from north, they circule the area for 5min maybe and they left in a hurry , all 5...

The chinooks were in other days.. Spanish have them, UK too...

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Pay attention to this night on 29th June 2013 ... The videos were made near Ferreira do Zezere, Portugal.
Theres also a sketch for the objects trajectories.

Whats amazing is the statement that some objects were stopped in the sky with no lights, and only possible to see with the camera, and this objects produced flash. ( not like a moving object flash , like a satellite ).

I am going to put here the text from the person who saw this...

"the nights of 29 and 30th, were great, with a lot of observations, and witnesses across the country. during my observation from 10PM to 4h30AM, i recorded 11 objects, 5 of the were "stop" in the air, and only emitted 3 flash lights when another objects like satellites were near. I was only capable of recording one of this stationary objects doing 2 flashes, seconds before the observation of the 10h51PM object. There were only 6 objects observed for a longer period. All of them were recorded at hights above 20km. This number of recordings were something extraordinary comparing to a normal night.

Observation Map

10h40 PM Object

After a big initial flash, I could spot an object, 30º inclination from my observation point in East-North-East direction. The object did a small series of flashes. I couldnt see it more at a distance.

Video here

www.youtube.com...

10h51 PM - 2 Objects

Após 3 grandes flashs de um objecto estacionário, foi observado um objecto que emitiu uma série de flashs pulsantes a cerca de 75º de inclinação a Oeste, que se dirigiu de Oeste para Norte-Este numa trajectória basicamente linear. O objecto deixou de ser observado, dirigindo-se ao espaço.

After 3 big flashes from a motionless object, I could see another object that emitted a series of pulsing flashes, in a 75º inclination to West, that took from West no North East in a linear trajectory towards space.

And a video of this ones

www.youtube.com...

11h46 PM - 2 Objects in a Formation

and a video

www.youtube.com...

There is also videos from a 11h58PM time, and 0h36 from that night.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

I'd like to reminder that the person who make the videos, uses Stellarium, Flight Radar, and other resourses .. to check the obvious first...

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
notice the strage trajectory of this object
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This is the equipment that he use...

He spends 6houres + every day when its a open sky... watching the sky

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Hello Gortex,
Sattelites ... I don't think so. According to what the OP says the objects were seen at 10:45 P.M. and again 1 hour after. Satelites can only be seen soon after sunset because if the satelites are at a low orbit the Earth's shadow will not allow you to see them and if they at a higher orbit (enough to be out of the Earth's shadow and to reflect sun light) they will be to little to be seen in the naked eyes. Instead of saying "satelites" it's more resonable and helpfull to say "I don't know".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join