It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just want to be a sheep. A christian education video for kids

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Madrusa
reply to post by Trubl

The strange thing is sheep are all female, is this a way of emasculating Christian males...

Wow... there's this thing called a dictionary. You should open one some time.

Sheep: any of numerous ruminant mammals of the genus Ovis,  of the family Bovidae, closely related to the goats, especially O. aries,  bred in a number of domesticated varieties.

Ewe: a female sheep, especially when fully mature.

Anyway, OP, just because nowadays the word "sheep" can sometimes mean someone who is easily indoctrinated, does not change what the Lord meant when He referred to His people as his sheep, and He our Shepard.

With that kind of mentality, does that mean everybody in the 1890s was homosexual because that decade was nicknamed the "Gay '90s" ?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie

Originally posted by Madrusa
reply to post by Trubl

The strange thing is sheep are all female, is this a way of emasculating Christian males...

Anyway, OP, just because nowadays the word "sheep" can sometimes mean someone who is easily indoctrinated, does not change what the Lord meant when He referred to His people as his sheep, and He our Shepard.

What did he mean?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Trubl

You know I understand non-religious people and evne atheist people, but I don't understand the scorn. Fairly, religious people who've harmed others deserve scorn. But what about people who haven't? Religion, as I see it, is a crutch we lean on in hard times. It's a means to cope with the ambiguities and the difficulties of reality. It's like how a child will run to their mother when they're afraid. Is this so bad? I don't think so. In fact, compared to eternal oblivion, even the idea of hell sometimes seems comforting to me. Ya, eternal torment is not something to praise, but at least in that interpretation there's also a heaven. If you throw out all religion and just accept the scientific dogma then all you have is this brutally cold material reality. A place where murderers and holymen and mothers and the criminal insane all live together, struggling to survive against the tide of death and destruction that always looms on the other side of the horizon. We live and we die, as it always has. Gone forever, recycled and repackaged anew. Some billion years from now the universe will die too, replaced by a new one. And who among us shall be remembered? Probably none.

We're like sea going men on a doomed ship singing our last song together. We go down into the watery depths, arms raised in salute to our ancestors and our future descendants.
edit on 2-7-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

"When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me." -1 Corinthians 13:11

The bible is a lot more fun when you read it in a self deprecating and sarcastic tone.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I'm going to have to disagree with you on the comparison you made about a scared child running to their mother. A child runs to their mother because they know she's real not imaginary. Yes we live in a very ugly and dangerous world filled with murderers rapists and other monstrosities... but guess what? That's reality aka the real world been like that for centuries. Sure you can lean on a crutch such as drugs and alcohol or religion as many people choose but you have to snap back into reality sometime.

As I've said in this thread and others you choose who you want to be and what you believe in it makes no difference to me. In my opinion the cons of religion have far outweighed the pros impacted on the world. I've simply pointed out a brainwashing tactic used by one of these religions. Also shows where the term "sheep" used to describe a certain group of people originated from. By religion on of the biggest and oldest conspiracies known to man.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by Trubl

You know I understand non-religious people and evne atheist people, but I don't understand the scorn. Fairly, religious people who've harmed others deserve scorn. But what about people who haven't? Religion, as I see it, is a crutch we lean on in hard times. It's a means to cope with the ambiguities and the difficulties of reality. It's like how a child will run to their mother when they're afraid. Is this so bad? I don't think so. In fact, compared to eternal oblivion, even the idea of hell sometimes seems comforting to me. Ya, eternal torment is not something to praise, but at least in that interpretation there's also a heaven. If you throw out all religion and just accept the scientific dogma then all you have is this brutally cold material reality. A place where murderers and holymen and mothers and the criminal insane all live together, struggling to survive against the tide of death and destruction that always looms on the other side of the horizon. We live and we die, as it always has. Gone forever, recycled and repackaged anew. Some billion years from now the universe will die too, replaced by a new one. And who among us shall be remembered? Probably none.

We're like sea going men on a doomed ship singing our last song together. We go down into the watery depths, arms raised in salute to our ancestors and our future descendants.
edit on 2-7-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

Religion terrified my mother when she was a kid, Irish catholic fifty odd years ago was probably more extreme than other branches, but still, the schools, church and even at home were a constant barrage of hell fire full of unbaptized babies etc. I see nothing comforting about a god that forces inherited sin on you.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

"When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me." -1 Corinthians 13:11

The bible is a lot more fun when you read it in a self deprecating and sarcastic tone.

lol. I would love it if the bible turned out to be Greek satire or something.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

edit on 3-7-2013 by Redarguo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redarguo

Originally posted by stars15k
If you were a Christian you would understand this sentiment. You are not, so it doesn't apply to you. It's a common theme in Christianity...."The Lord is my Shepherd...", "All we, like sheep, have gone astray...", ...the sheep follow Him, for they know the sound of his voice.." There are many Biblical references for it.

Religious people tend to have religious children. If that is indoctrination to you, whatever. A Christian person wants to be a sheep. It doesn't have the same connotation to us as "sheeple" has to conspiracy believers.

Sheep isn't a purely conspiracy term, it means herd mentality, easily led.

Do you think that you would be a Christian if your parents were and raised you Hindu? Why choose one God over another? Was it a completely free choice, to become a Christian?

edit on 1-7-2013 by Redarguo because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2013 by Redarguo because: (no reason given)

Yeah, stars.... I say Redarguo has a really good point here. The way conspiracy theorists use "sheep" and "sheeple" is working on the very same metaphor that the church is trying to use, the very same way, just in a different context. Both are said / intended because sheep are known to be docile and easy to lead. Having been domesticated by man since biblical times, the metaphor is very old, of course....

The difference lies in the fact that Christians see it as a positive thing, to allow one's self to be guided by the lord (or even his alleged representatives, aka "The Church") and certainly nothing to be ashamed of. Conspiracy theorists tend to regard it in a very negative light, of course, as the "shepherd" in this case is usually thought to be the government, and/or some secret society, and/or any authority figures. (And, of course, the additional concept of the "herd mentality.")

I guess what it comes down to is that there is no shame in being "lead" as long as your leaders are good, and have good intentions at heart.

On the other hand, I can see how some might suspect this kind of thing to be sly indoctrination / propaganda trying to teach kids to blindly respect authority, follow orders, and not think for themselves.....

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Well, I guess, as long as he doesn't want to be "black sheep" (or even worse, a "pink sheep").

I guess being a sheep is aspirational these days, career wise and all.

No matter how bad a recession, if you can grow your own wool, you can always pay somebody in Asia next to nothing to knit you a jersey.

Incidentally, I heard two things about sheep and goats recently.
The one was on the radio, and they were talking about people at work putting horrible things in their lunch boxes to stop their colleagues from stealing their lunch.
The one person secretly opened his colleague's lunch box, and it contained a cooked sheep's head grinning back at him (a local delicacy in some cultures).
Some callers responded "yum" and others "yuck".

The second thing I saw on goats was about genetically modified goats who produce spider's silk.
www.guardian.co.uk...
Now that is seriously strange.

edit on 9-7-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Hi,
I have seen this video. This is really a nice video. Please share more videos for kids like this.
Thanks
edit on 22-8-2013 by AlstonB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
just want to be a sheep?
eff that.

I want to be the wolf.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join