I just want to be a sheep. A christian education video for kids

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hello Ats this is my first thread so I hope everything goes well. In the video is a young male puppet singing with other sheep puppets about how he just wants to be a sheep. Lyrics include " I don't want to be a hypocrite, because they are not hip with it ". Finally the most disturbing part of the video is in the end where the boy actually turns into a sheep.

First off, In my opinion the age group this video is aimed for I don't think they would even know what a hypocrite is. Second its preaching on not to be hypocrite when in reality the ones running the churches are hypocrites themselves. Now I get the whole Jesus is our shepherd thing but I think in present time we have different sheep herders leading the blind.

So the moral in this video is fairly simple. Do you just want to be a sheep?
edit on 1-7-2013 by Trubl because: Fixed Link
edit on 1-7-2013 by Trubl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Just watched the video. . . LOL

Well indoctrination starts at childhood. Guess he got his wish at the end, eh?

He doesn't want to be a hypocrite? He wants to be a sheep.
edit on 1-7-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Cool thanks for the help!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Yeah.. I never understood religion until I started looking at it like it was a government. Then it makes a lot of sense. Do this stuff (obey the law) and be rewarded , heaven/freedom, if you don't, you go to hell (jail)

Global government all throughout history? Maybe they wrote each magic book and changed some words around to fit the culture and make it seem like someone from around those parts wrote it. Who would have known.

this video shouldn't surprise anyone lol
edit on 1-7-2013 by christoph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Trubl

Well Jesus and priests are shepherds to their "flock". A lot of my family are catholic so I go to ceremonies some times but when I hear phrases like the I do think their taking the piss. The repetitive chanting at such is so bizarre to a non believer, yeah sheep is an accurate term.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Theres Faith, then theres religion. I have faith in what Jesus preaches. But when a religion tells me im going to hell if i dont sing 5 hail marrys and stand on my head.... well, how silly does that sound. If i have to do that to be in the grace of the lord. Then there is no lord, only religion, and i shall not worry.
edit on 1-7-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Redarguo

Yes I undstand about Jesus and the priests and so on but another thing to look at is the way they are conveying the message to kids. There's a large library of these types of videos and even to a believer they might seem very bizarre. An adult mind is matured so when viewing these types of things you can comprehend that something's not right. But a child's mind not so much so they soak up the message " I need to just follow Jesus no matter what or ill be a hypocrite. "

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trubl

Yes I undstand about Jesus and the priests and so on but another thing to look at is the way they are conveying the message to kids. There's a large library of these types of videos and even to a believer they might seem very bizarre. An adult mind is matured so when viewing these types of things you can comprehend that something's not right. But a child's mind not so much so they soak up the message " I need to just follow Jesus no matter what or ill be a hypocrite. "

All religion is like that, believers are indoctrinated before they have a choose of their own. ie a 99% of believers only believe their particular faith because they were born in to it. A fundamentalist moslum could just as easily be a fundamentalist christian if his parents were of a different faith.

Telling a kid they will go to hell for not believing boarders on trauma/ abuse. Tho at least some religions have slightly improved in this regard, less hell fire more love. but still.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
If you were a Christian you would understand this sentiment. You are not, so it doesn't apply to you. It's a common theme in Christianity...."The Lord is my Shepherd...", "All we, like sheep, have gone astray...", ...the sheep follow Him, for they know the sound of his voice.." There are many Biblical references for it.

Religious people tend to have religious children. If that is indoctrination to you, whatever. A Christian person wants to be a sheep. It doesn't have the same connotation to us as "sheeple" has to conspiracy believers.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k
If you were a Christian you would understand this sentiment. You are not, so it doesn't apply to you. It's a common theme in Christianity...."The Lord is my Shepherd...", "All we, like sheep, have gone astray...", ...the sheep follow Him, for they know the sound of his voice.." There are many Biblical references for it.

Religious people tend to have religious children. If that is indoctrination to you, whatever. A Christian person wants to be a sheep. It doesn't have the same connotation to us as "sheeple" has to conspiracy believers.

Sheep isn't a purely conspiracy term, it means herd mentality, easily led.

Do you think that you would be a Christian if your parents were and raised you Hindu? Why choose one God over another? Was it a completely free choice, to become a Christian?

edit on 1-7-2013 by Redarguo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

It IS child abuse, along with the genital mutilation called "circumcision". Children knowing their father would be willing to attempt their murder if prompted by the lord.

Having been to "jesus camp" several times as a child I know that the things your are told they say to children are as real and as disgusting as described.

I can only hope society finds a good way to rid itself of the religion virus.

edit on 1-7-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
There is something truly malevolent about religion.

It's so artificial, created for the sole purpose of bending the will of people.

Someone at some point realized these stories had the ability to change thought processes.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
There is something truly malevolent about religion.

It's so artificial, created for the sole purpose of bending the will of people.

Someone at some point realized these stories had the ability to change thought processes.

Yeah the Amharic religions don't really leave room for questioning or personal reflection. You have the word of God and if you don't believe it your an infidel or heretic.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k

Well said. Thank you for bringing this to light.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Trubl

The strange thing is sheep are all female, is this a way of emasculating Christian males...

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Madrusa
reply to post by Trubl

The strange thing is sheep are all female, is this a way of emasculating Christian males...

A female sheep is called an ewe and a male a ram, they are both sheep tho.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Well they should make that choice more clear instead of just showing ewes, so the boy gets to be a ram like Aires horns and all.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

Sheep are domesticated animals that were used for sacrifices, food and clothing, by a different species. Shepherds are hired hands who are paid to watch the sheep and make sure that they're good and fat for market. Shepherds eventually lead their flocks to the slaughter.

edit on 1-7-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Madrusa
reply to post by Trubl

Lol well that may be another conspiracy in the making good one.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

Ok I understand your point but I thinks that's where the term "sheeple" originated from. Doesn't it sound the same to you? Just follow the Shepherd/Government/Priests they will do all the decision making and thinking for you. And of course its not just limited to Christianity its more of organized religion as a whole.

Sure if you want to be a sheep go right ahead that's your choice and right. But kids don't really have that choice especially at a young age where they are easily manipulated and influenced. As another poster stated above all sheep eventually end up in a slaughter house.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join