It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flaw In Your Logic Regarding Homosexuality

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
i asked why you thought it was a disorder, because i am not a disorder

put 100 straight men on an island, put 100 straight females on an island, it will be the same results

who gets to decide what normal is and isn't? we are basing these decisions on what others have claimed to be so, but who is the ultimate decider?

it's normal, because i was born this way so it's normal to me

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
i asked why you thought it was a disorder, because i am not a disorder

put 100 straight men on an island, put 100 straight females on an island, it will be the same results

who gets to decide what normal is and isn't? we are basing these decisions on what others have claimed to be so, but who is the ultimate decider?

it's normal, because i was born this way so it's normal to me

To play devils advocate again.

On your logic then....
Children born missing limbs is normal, spina-bifida is normal, being born blind is normal, .. do you get my point?
A psychopath is normal, an albino is normal, everything considered abnormal MUST be considered normal by that logic. Because its normal to them.

As for the 100 straight guys on and island scenario......

When I look at the prison populations... no they arent all turned gay. Some temporarily do but they dont all do it.
That is just people that are too weak to control their own sexual urges, they simply must have sex regardless of who its with, and their situation dictates that it must be a homosexual gratification.

But now we come right back around to my previous argument that by the same logic paedophilia is normal.

I know Im being antagonistic, that is the point, Im challenging logic I find flawed.

The decider of what is normal or not is society.... If something is prolific in society then its considered normal.
ie working for a living is considered normal.
If something is uncommon in society then it is considered not normal. Hope that clears that one up.

Western society is built on christianity which is built on judaism.
These religions didnt accept sodomy. As a result the western societies didnt accept sodomy.
As the religion has declined so has societies strongly held opinions on homosexuality.

Society has come a long way since trying to put the constraints of religion behind us, but still has a long way to go yet.

edit on 11-7-2013 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

Indeed, but i have none of that, so i would be the "same" as a "Normal" Person, just attracted to Men, so why is homosexuality abnormal? because it doesn't fit the mold that society has demanded people accept as normal?

and that is the logic i want to challenge, who gets to claim what is 'normal' and what isn't 'normal'

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Indeed, but i have none of that, so i would be the "same" as a "Normal" Person, just attracted to Men, so why is homosexuality abnormal? because it doesn't fit the mold that society has demanded people accept as normal?

and that is the logic i want to challenge, who gets to claim what is 'normal' and what isn't 'normal'

EXACTLY!!!

Who wants to fit into the predefined pigeonhole that society says is normality?

Im very much not normal. I dont believe everything in the news, I think freely and for myself.
I have some very strange opinions on governments and politicians, i think there may be spirits in the world we cannot see. Do I care what other people think about me?
No, I couldnt give a flying f$%k. I accepted that there really is no such thing as normal a long time ago.
We are all different, all molded individually by unique life experience.
The balance of nurture along with nature makes sure that no 2 people are ever the same, so really there is no normal, except for that which society and our want to fit into it that society decides for us.
One thing I got from watching "Boys N The Hood" in life there are 2 types of people..followers(those that want to fit in, be accepted) and leaders(those that ultimately define normal for the followers to follow).

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

When I look at the prison populations... no they arent all turned gay. Some temporarily do but they dont all do it.

Or perhaps those particular people were bisexual to begin with.

edit on 11-7-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

It's considered abnormal because most people have a basic understanding of how opposites attract which is considered normal, not by everyone ofcourse and it's impossible to say the majority thinks like that even though the majority is heterosexual but it's not about democracy or voting about what should be right.

It's like when you have blue and pink (male and female) and you put it together it becomes a new color so that's a real effect but if you mix blue and blue or pink and pink you have the same color so there's no real effect.

Now I wanted to respond because of a remark I made on page 7. I know people can be made to believe in many things and the most profound is ofcourse love especially the romantic kind between only 2 people. Not the kind which can be shared by many or even anyone. Not out of experience but because there are many people who say they feel romantic love for the opposite sex I'm sure the mind can be made to believe almost anything. But I don't want my child to grow up believing or expecting blue and blue can produce any other color than blue. I would want my child to be able to recognize true love in all it's facets and to be able to protect itself from others who would want to manipulate using love.

So I posted about my stance, it's my problem but if there were no homosexual people or claiming they have romantic feelings I wouldn't have this problem and I would want to know if being pro-straight but not anti-gay would be acceptable to people who make the claim and would want me to change my truths (put opposite romantic love equal to same polarity romantic love), which I can't. I have no problems nor do I want to with the gay community but I can't remain silent about it forever either. I wouldn't protest against anything really, people want to get married for example that is their choice. I would wish for a marriage v2 and v3 because I fear my future children might believe they are the same while obviously they are not, of which I am referring to gender not somebodies worth as an individual.

That is because I made choices to have my truths and work on them once and then let those control my life for the remainder of the journey in a way I don't have to think about every little thing to check if it's allright and things go more or less automatically or smooth for me. Now if I were to change this one thing, the rest of my programming becomes conflicting as it is dependent on the idea of polarities and how those interact. Of which I know it appears very dualistic and not very flexible but I just believe I can't really understand something when I don't know both sides to it (negative and positive) to reach some conclusion but once I do that's all there is to it and I don't want to reconsider every day for the rest of my life.

So summarized I have to give homosexual people less worth than heterosexual people but at the same time I don't want anyone to feel less worth as a human being and I was wondering how to do that. In light of this topic, homosexuals have a different logic than myself and I identify with heterosexuals but I could never allow the logic of a homosexual (which is different regarding opposites and how they should behave) to change my own logic so effectively I would have to shut them or their voice out or as I said change my own truths which I believe in.
edit on 15/7/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

So summarized I have to give homosexual people less worth than heterosexual people but at the same time I don't want anyone to feel less worth as a human being and I was wondering how to do that.

I think you answered your own question here.

Someone is going to feel they have less worth if society says they have less worth. No getting around that.

In light of this topic, homosexuals have a different logic than myself and I identify with heterosexuals but I could never allow the logic of a homosexual (which is different regarding opposites and how they should behave)

I am really confused on what you think "homosexual logic" is? You think homosexuals think heterosexual people shouldn't 'behave' like heterosexual people?...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

He basically just said "I think they're less. I just don't want them to be considered less." What intellect.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join