It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flaw In Your Logic Regarding Homosexuality

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Here is my logic.

Some people prefer to have sex with animals.

Why govt is not making it legal ?

Govt should support these partners ,too.

Do you really think the Govt should support that? Weird.

If that's your logic good for you but it's not the logic we are using...

Our logic includes consent. Animals don't give consent. They are victims. We don't support anyone being a victim. That's why we don't support bestiality and pedophilia and all these other tired arguments.

Humans. Consent. Of age. Gay marriage meets that criteria.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

As Darth_Prime said...:

Pedophile = Sex with minors and children

Bestiality = Sex with animals

Homosexuality = Sex with humans of consenting age

Heterosexual = Sex with humans of consenting age

Gay does not = anal sex, straight people engage in anal sex likewise and some gays don't.

A human having sex with an animal isn't the same as two consenting adults of age. Actually homosexuality can be regarded as being very similar to heterosexuality, except it's same sex.
edit on 2/7/13 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

So what about natural justification.

Is nature a good reason for something these people want ?

And one other natural thing I saw on national geographic documentary movie was about king cobra.

national geographic : Secrets Of The King Cobra 2011

A male king cobra killed a female king cobra which was pregnant from another male king cobra.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

A human having sex with an animal isn't the same as two consenting adults of age.

What about the animals who do consent by their actions.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by neobludragon
Russia had the best idea with banning the propaganda.

What do you mean ?

US govt ban the propaganda which has made it's own ?

Kidding right ?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
reply to post by C0bzz

A human having sex with an animal isn't the same as two consenting adults of age.

What about the animals who do consent by their actions.

I am having trouble imaging how an animal can consent to sex. It would therefore be extremely difficult to ascertain whether it is animal abuse or not.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

So what about natural justification.

Is nature a good reason for something these people want ?

Are you assuming my 'justification' for supporting homosexuality is due to it existing in nature??

My justification is I see no harm caused by them being homosexual. I do see harm caused by their homosexuality being oppressed.
edit on 2-7-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by HairlessApe

You didn't prove anything.
He didn't say that heterosexuality is not an natural thing. Nor does calling someone a bigot proofs he is a bigot.
The thing is that you are raised in a society that becomes more and more acceptable of homosexuality.

en.wikipedia.org...

Even different western countries handle the subject differently. In the United States the laws against sodomy where repealed or invalidated. In the United Kingdom sodomy was made legal.
We're not talking ancient history here, you can't expect people to change their opinion overnight.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

I just wish that people would stop with this stupid agenda, ok your gay, i'm straight, hes bi, shes a lesbian, who cares? Its specially annoying when they have to shove it in our faces with parades bout it. Russia had the best idea with banning the propaganda.

OK, I kept out of these debates because there are some people who hate so much that you can't reason with them. But I do need to say something about this "shoving it into our faces" business.

Surely it must be just as disgusting for a gay person to have to watch hetero sex in every movie "shoved into their faces," or those pesky white weddings, where hundreds of people turn up, dressed in ridiculous clothing, behaving loud and obnoxiously. Or what about those garish 'love boats' at fun fairs, invented by heteros to nurture young couples or Valentines day? Yuck, all about garish hearts, giving cards to each other, shoving it into the homosexual's faces?

Seriously it all boils down to one thing only: those that say rubbish such as above believe absolutely that being gay is a choice.

If they understood once and for all that it is as much a 'choice' as your heterosexuality the rest would fall into place automatically and they would feel foolish but that is not gonna happen because they enjoy hating.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Well said

... and a big shout out to my fellow cannibals...ooga booga, sharpen your spears we got us some people to eat we are as natural as them there Hetros

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
There is a sadness that surrounds homosexuality, ask any gay person who is at the age where others have had or are having children about family and you will see sadness come across their face because they know their genetic line ends with them!

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by HairlessApe
Look...

Your two options as a gay are to

A) Be quiet and closeted about it
B) "Own it" despite what the popular opinion is

In otherwords

A) Shut up
B) Be prideful

What about just being yourself. I am heterosexual, yet I refrain from dry humping my wife in public. I respect your way of life, while it's not for me, as long as you are happy, then fantastic. But the Liberachi flamboyant acting is just for show and it's repulsive to some. You can be a gay as you want without trying to make sure everyone knows it. Just show a tiny bit of respect for others.

Honestly, a big portion of us are kind of on your side. We think you deserve to be happy. Just tone it down a few flames.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Wow! The perfect rebuttal!

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

do you have an opinion about this type of logic? Do you agree that's it's flawed?

Firstly, I kinda see where the poster you replied to was coming from, it might have been a little easier if you didn't reference the thread specifically, instead just concentrating on that type of "logic". I'm not sure why this is in a political section, but I guess with the recent ruling in California, it kinda fits, thought this would probably be a better fit in the rant section.

I agree, that type of logic is illogical. I call it mental gymnastics. You'll see it a lot here. Homosexuality occurs in nature, it does. You can't say those animals CHOSE to be gay. You can't say our corrupt aimless society made them gay because we've "strayed away from gods teachings". Yet, people will sit here and tell me that is the case.

To compare the act of consenting sex to rape, murder and any other number of crimes, is just pure fantasy. It's mental gymnastics because I believe, deep down, people who say that crap don't even really believe it themselves. Deep down they know they have no right to discriminate against anyone, and they know deep down, it doesn't effect them at all, unless of course they are gay. So, instead of reevaluating their entire world view, they trick themselves with mental gymnastics. How many times have you seen the following here?:

"Now, I don't have anything against homosexuals but...... here's a list of all the things I have against homosexuals."

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

If they understood once and for all that it is as much a 'choice' as your heterosexuality the rest would fall into place automatically and they would feel foolish but that is not gonna happen because they enjoy hating.

Let me relate a story that illustrates your point. I have a friend, yes, i know, wow, i have a friend... An intelligent one. One who even comes here in, posts, creates threads, etc etc. He's no idiot, he's a smart guy. Then one day I load up facebook and what is his status? Well I can't remember the WHOLE status but the main point was this:

"..... but I do know that being gay is a choice"

So I posted asking him, ok then, when exactly did you choose to be straight? Cause I sure as hell never did, yet here I am, 100% hetrosexual and married. He actually said 10. He replied and with a straight face (pun intended) said he chose to be straight at age 10.

I of course said, no, you certainly didn't because.....

If you chose to be straight, you are gay, embrace it, life is too short. Find someone who loves you as much as you love them and be happy. And guess what? Whatever joe blow biggot has to say means NOTHING. Of course, he eventually replied saying he didn't actually choose. And that's the point, you didn't choose to be straight, just like they didn't choose to be gay. Who on earth would choose to be in a group discriminated against at every turn?

Back to the in your face stuff. Some people are flamboyant. I have about as much time and respect for them as I do meathead jocks chestbumping around shirtless yelling "bro, dude, buddy, guy!" It has nothing to do with where they want to insert their sexual organs.

some people say it's unnatural. Well it's not, it does occur in nature. You know what's really unnatural? Monogamy. It's extremely rare in nature. So is consensual sex. Most reproduction in nature takes place during, what could arguably be called, rape.

If you can find love, true love, in this twisted backwards world, grab onto it and hold on tight, no oneelses butthurt matters.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

There is a sadness that surrounds homosexuality, ask any gay person who is at the age where others have had or are having children about family and you will see sadness come across their face because they know their genetic line ends with them!

Umm...

Surrogate mother uses one of their genetics. Insemination uses one of their genetics.

Please don't think I am saying you're half right.

Also. Not everyone feels a need to continue their genetics this way. This applies to straight people as well. Some people adopt and are more than happy to. Some people decide to never have kids and it doesn't make them sad.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by HairlessApe

Originally posted by ifeelsohigh

I just wish that people would stop with this stupid agenda, ok your gay, i'm straight, hes bi, shes a lesbian, who cares? Its specially annoying when they have to shove it in our faces with parades bout it. Russia had the best idea with banning the propaganda.

Thank you sooooooooo much!!!

Why do gays and other "minorities" have to throw it in our faces all the damn time? I'm so sick of the gays and blacks and hispanics and native americans and everybody bitching all the damn time.

Who cares?!? So what you're gay or you're not gay big deal good for you either way why do you think everyone cares?

I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body but you don't hear me complaining or bragging or whatever you people claim you're doing!

Why is it that people have these 'gay pride parades' anyway? You never here of a 'hetro pride parade'....

edit on 1-7-2013 by ifeelsohigh because: (no reason given)

Look...

Your two options as a gay are to

A) Be quiet and closeted about it
B) "Own it" despite what the popular opinion is

In otherwords

A) Shut up
B) Be prideful

Sure, you CAN be a moderate gay and just accept that you're not allowed to be outspoken about it in public... Just like when segregation was the official stance of the US, you COULD be black and

A) Accept that you're worth less than a white person (in this case - straight person)
B) Refuse to accept it and say "I am a person and you will recognize me as such" until you're treated equally

Imagine a person (a gay person in the modern era, or black person in the civil rights era) who lives on the inbetween. Society sees him as less than a man, yet he sees himself as completely average. Just like everyone else! That person doesn't exist. Because that person is mentally unaware of the world around him,
edit on 1-7-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

or... find that happy medium that the majority live in. you know the one. Ya go about your business. Focus on your self and family. The one that does not need a parade to prove your existence.

I'd like to compare your parade quote but that is flawed thinking. It's flawed because the parades go off because of holidays. They do not go off because of the individual. A parade on a holiday includes everyone in the town. A parade for a certain culture excludes the majority.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

You don't seem to understand the reason why gay pride parades exist and why they need to continue to exist.

Gay Pride is not the LGBTQ community feeling accomplished or boastful about their sexual orientation, and it is not about parades and rainbows. It is about creating a safe space for LGTBQ members to commune together in support of each other, it is about welcoming those outside our community to join us and learn who we are to educate away the stereotypes, and most of all it is about personal strength. It means that I have overcome the shame, the ridicule, and the discrimination I once associated with being myself. It means I have allowed myself to transcend how other people’s insecurities affect me when revealing my orientation. And it means that I am proud that I have chosen to be honest with myself and others about who I am, that I will make no apologies for it, and that I will continue to be happy and successful by my own standards because I choose to do so everyday.

www.loveboldly.net...

This is born out of the fact that gay people are not treated the same as straight people. Straight people, can, for example, hold hands without getting weird looks. They can for example, get married, and get all of the advantages that brings. Gay pride has nothing to do with turning people gay, saying gay people are better than straight people, or by trying to be perverse as possible in public.

If you are against gay pride parades then it seems like you just want gay people to roll over and accept the homophobic behaviour.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

I'm not gay.

But why would a gay pride parade exclude me? I have several gay friends....could I not march with them? Could I not attend such functions?

Or does doing so mean one gets lumped in with "them"? Why would you care?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Flamboyancy....why is it offensive? I mean, i get the "yuck" factor of public affection (i don't do public affection with my wife). But to be flamboyant?

Why can someone not be themselves? Is that not what we are here to do?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join