It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flaw In Your Logic Regarding Homosexuality

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by HairlessApe

And another poster stated, as a reply to the one quoted by the OP;

"Just because something occurs in nature does not make it good or desirable."

Not arguing that gays are undesirable or whatever, before you all get teared up and offended.

I tend to agree, though. I believe that homosexuality is some odd combination of genetic defects and mental defects. There's a bit of research on this theory, too... if I can find the site about it (I forgot to bookmark it), I'll post the link if anyone's interested.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

It isn't that gays don't get insurance benefits. It is that straight people do, and the only reason gays don't is because they are not straight.

It is the discrimination of it all that sticks in my craw. It impedes the search for life, liberty, and happiness.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

Preference entails choice. The choice involved with orientations is whether to express it or not. Having the orientation itself is not choice and therefore not preference.

At least that's the way I think you're using 'preference'. If you mean an uncontrollable preference then fair enough..
edit on 5-7-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by BDBinc

It isn't that gays don't get insurance benefits. It is that straight people do, and the only reason gays don't is because they are not straight.

All hetrosexuals cannot get insurance, insurance is decided by the insurance corporations and it has nothing to do with equality .
Health insurance or the insurance industry is not a barometer of equality.
Poor people don't get insurance , in fact most of the worlds hetrosexuals don't .
Insurance can be purchased by homosexual people, people are not denied/banned from health insurance because of homosexuality( a sexual preference)
Equality has nothing to do with insurance. .

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

Not arguing that gays are undesirable or whatever, before you all get teared up and offended.

I tend to agree, though. I believe that homosexuality is some odd combination of genetic defects and mental defects. There's a bit of research on this theory, too... if I can find the site about it (I forgot to bookmark it), I'll post the link if anyone's interested.

Why is it a defect? Why not just an alternate iteration?

Why would homosexuality not be a natural way to inhibit population density? Perhaps that is why cities have more gay folks than the country does. Who knows.

But there has been nothing more than hints at possible drivers. To be prepared to call it a defect is certainly not yet discernible, and might be offensive therefore to people who are gay and don't want to be thought of as defective.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BDBinc
All hetrosexuals cannot get insurance, insurance is decided by the insurance corporations and it has nothing to do with equality .
Untrue. In most states in the US the requirement of allowing pre-existing conditions, or any and all conditions, during open enrollment at an employer is well established. During open enrollment, you cannot be turned down for health or life insurance. Your level of risk for specialty benefits may fluctuate depending on age, etc. But you are talking about fluctuations in premiums that are in the $20/mo. range. Regardless, all individuals and their families are given the opportunity to enroll in insurance, and this enrollment can only change for "change of life" events (death, marriage, loss of coverage from spouses job, etc). The catch? a gay man cannot enroll his better half on the company insurance. they are not considered family. That is not equality, it is discrimination by any standard.

No, but they are allowed to be discriminatory to a point that they are the poster face for LGBT rights. That is one of the ways the the discrimination is hurting them the worst, because they cannot be observed as being family.

Poor people don't get insurance , in fact most of the worlds hetrosexuals don't .
We are talking about the US here. And if poor people pay into their employers program, they do. It sucks that it works that way. the ACA will not change that. But Obamacare is a whole 'nuther debate.

Insurance can be purchased by homosexual people, people are not denied/banned from health insurance because of homosexuality( a sexual preference)

Equality has to do with not being discriminated against. Insurance is just the most obvious issue. There are others, like survivor benefits offered to spouses.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Untrue. In most states in the US the requirement of allowing pre-existing conditions, or any and all conditions, during open enrollment at an employer is well established. During open enrollment, you cannot be turned down for health or life insurance. Your level of risk for specialty benefits may fluctuate depending on age, etc. But you are talking about fluctuations in premiums that are in the $20/mo. range. Regardless, all individuals and their families are given the opportunity to enroll in insurance, and this enrollment can only change for "change of life" events (death, marriage, loss of coverage from spouses job, etc). The catch? a gay man cannot enroll his better half on the company insurance. they are not considered family. That is not equality, it is discrimination by any standard.

No, but they are allowed to be discriminatory to a point that they are the poster face for LGBT rights. That is one of the ways the the discrimination is hurting them the worst, because they cannot be observed as being family.

We are talking about the US here. And if poor people pay into their employers program, they do. It sucks that it works that way. the ACA will not change that. But Obamacare is a whole 'nuther debate.

Equality has to do with not being discriminated against. Insurance is just the most obvious issue. There are others, like survivor benefits offered to spouses.

I disagree as equality is not about insurance corporations, insurance corporations are not the poster face for LGBT rights.
Insurance is the face of bankers and has nothing at all to do with rights or equality !
Heaps of hetrosexual people don't have insurance policies (even in America) you think it is a right but only for homosexuals.
All homosexual people can buy life insurance and health insurance if they can afford it .
It is not a right to have insurance.
Insurance is not a barometer for equality.

edit on 5-7-2013 by BDBinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

See, you have the laughing face put in a place that is wholly inappropriate and unfunny.

Along with what seems to be purposeful miscomprehension.

How do you expect to not be seen as a troll?

Since you don't seem to understand, how about this: if a hetero person can do it, so should a homo person be able to do it. Seems fairly simple. What is good for one, is good for another.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

kaylaluv

I wish sexual orientation didn't matter to anyone.
I look forward to the day when it is a total non-issue.
When no one is bullied or harassed ; when no one is denied housing ; when no one is denied employment. When parents don't disown their children .
We can all walk in the park without getting strange looks .
We don't get snarky comments about english being a second language, called a troll etc.
But that day is not here yet...
But it can be if we are all tolerant human beings.
Good day.

i too wish that tolerance would be the acceptable way, here in Hollywood i can't walk outside without at least one (if not more) derogatory remarks said to me,

so as much as people claim the 'Progressive Gays' are pushing, we still get verbally harassed, and denied services

i will defend anyone's rights and freedoms, i will fight for your freedoms, but why wont some people do the same? regardless of personal opinion, it's about being Human

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

The laughing face suitably expresses the hilarious notion of big insurance in America being the face of equality!
Or a poster face for the LBGT community.

If I didn't laugh I may cry that you think insurance is a barometer for equality.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

Which would make me cry at your utter mismanagement of comprehension.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

kaylaluv

I wish sexual orientation didn't matter to anyone.
I look forward to the day when it is a total non-issue.
When no one is bullied or harassed ; when no one is denied housing ; when no one is denied employment. When parents don't disown their children .
We can all walk in the park without getting strange looks .
We don't get snarky comments about english being a second language, called a troll etc.
But that day is not here yet...
But it can be if we are all tolerant human beings.
Good day.

i too wish that tolerance would be the acceptable way, here in Hollywood i can't walk outside without at least one (if not more) derogatory remarks said to me,

so as much as people claim the 'Progressive Gays' are pushing, we still get verbally harassed, and denied services

i will defend anyone's rights and freedoms, i will fight for your freedoms, but why wont some people do the same? regardless of personal opinion, it's about being Human

Will you defend whatever anyone thinks is his/her freedom or right?

What freedom and rights have you not got?

You are in a country where, IF you are denied service on the basis of your sexual preference, you can sue so I'm not buying that you are without service because you are homosexual.
You will not defend anyones or everyone's rights and freedoms .
Its nice and easy to say you would fight for freedom when your country has invaded other countries and is bombing civilians taking their very right to life off them while dictating.
The death and murders are going on in the name of freedom, yet you seem to be caught up in your own drama of some ignorant fool's insults to you.
Some woman get harassed every time they go out but yet they do not say they have no equality, rights or freedom .

If you want tolerance be tolerant.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

i am the utmost tolerant, yes i will defend anyone's rights and freedoms even if it's against me, but i am afforded the same rights and freedoms, i will defend your freedom of speech to call me whatever you want, i will defend your freedom of religion even if i don't believe in it and it doesn't dictate laws over anyone i will defend your freedom of expression

i don't know why you mention wars because that is not cohesive with this conversation, but for the record i don't believe invading countries and forcing what we say is 'Freedom' to them, i am of the 'Make love never war' mindset

i have been denied services because of my sexuality, you don't know my life story, you have not walked in my shoes

and i comprehend that we are not the only ones who get harassed and bullied, i don't condone any bullying or harassment of any kind

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

reply to post by BDBinc

i am the utmost tolerant, yes i will defend anyone's rights and freedoms even if it's against me, but i am afforded the same rights and freedoms, i will defend your freedom of speech to call me whatever you want, i will defend your freedom of religion even if i don't believe in it and it doesn't dictate laws over anyone i will defend your freedom of expression

i don't know why you mention wars because that is not cohesive with this conversation, but for the record i don't believe invading countries and forcing what we say is 'Freedom' to them, i am of the 'Make love never war' mindset

i have been denied services because of my sexuality, you don't know my life story, you have not walked in my shoes

and i comprehend that we are not the only ones who get harassed and bullied, i don't condone any bullying or harassment of any kind

I mentioned the war because there are ongoing WARS .You said you would defend freedoms, are you defending the right to live of the people that are dying because America invaded and bombed their country and sent troops into it?then you can not actually say you would defending the right to live and the right to freedom of all. It is cohesive since you talked about your defending freedom and rights now you say IF you are afforded the same rights -so that is conditional tolerance . You want to be unconditionally tolerant, try being tolerant to these ignorant people who bully and harass you.
One should tolerate without expectation of your behavour being reciprocated.
Yes we probably agree everyone has experienced harassment and been bullied, & many hetrosexuals also have been denied services by bullies who did not like their personality.
You have as much equality as any individual can have (and you are not being starved,bombed or shot at like many victims of the wars that are raging on in the world).

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

i am not saying "IF" i am afforded the same, i am saying i deserve the same, people deserve the same, we Humans deserve the same

yes, multiple Wars, and those people that are getting killed don't deserve it, these wars which are being run by political and power lust gains.

i'm sorry, i can't connect how me saying i would defends anyone's rights coincides with multiple wars and innocent people dieing ?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

You have as much equality as any individual can have

Since people have both described and linked information to the contrary, I can only infer you quite literally see what you want to.

edit on 6-7-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

Dear XxNightAngelusxX,

You know I love your writing and I understand now that you are fairly young. I do not like the term defect. I have Asperger Syndrome, they used to call it a disease. I am not a disease nor our my sisters and brothers. We are and some of us are very functional. In my opinion, only God knows what is a defect everything else is just a variation and I believer in free will and a varied an existence as we can have. I hope you are well and want to see the rest of your story on another thread.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Pedophile = Sex with minors and children

Bestiality = Sex with animals

Homosexuality = Sex with humans of consenting age

Heterosexual = Sex with humans of consenting age

Gay does not = anal sex, straight people engage in anal sex likewise and some gays don't.

where and how does allowing Gay people to marry, or to agree or disagree that they are natural bridge a gap into Pedophiles and Bestiality?

still a sexual disorder no matter how you want to slice it.

all those things i mentioned are sexual disorders like homosexuality. accept one sexual disorder as normal and that brings the rest into the discussion.

just like in the the past no one could fathom the acceptance of homosexuality we now cannot fathom the acceptance of the things i mentioned.. simply because we are not there yet.

yet we ill get there homosexuality is just a stepping stone... if you do not see that then you are blind.

edit on 8-7-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by votan

how is it a sexual disorder?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

reply to post by votan

how is it a sexual disorder?

yes cuz having sex with same sex is normal. it is not normal if it was we would not be having a discussion about the perception and acceptance of homosexuality. It is a disorder that they are wired that way . just like people who want to be with animals, people who do it with dead bodies and with children.

I am not saying they are bad or evil or anything like that but you need to be able to call a spade a spade.

Asking how it is a disorder... is that a trick question?? really?? you have to ask that??

what would be the point of genders if you could have a sexual type relation and procreate with anyone regardless of gender...

it is not normal.... if all men were turned gay early on in the existence of humanity the human race would have died out... it is a disorder... a disorder that happens naturally but that does not make it any more normal that banging dogs, corpses and kids.

Some animals gender bend but it still requires a female and male.. how they heck can you ask how it is a disorder?? really??

Normal relationships with the same sex are typically just a friendship.. not relationship between a man and a woman.

put a bunch of gay men on an isolated island with basics and tell me what you will find in 100yrs.. a bunch of corpses. it is not natural to be wired that way it is a disorder.

living in a society that wants to accept everything and anything has completely warped your perception of reality.

edit on 8-7-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join