It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flaw In Your Logic Regarding Homosexuality

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by HairlessApe

Yes difficult indeed. But yea I miss those threads to!
I'm waiting for the next doom day prophecy to come around.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Ok, I understand the implications of the comparison are insulting...but as it stands I would say the act of homosexuality is inherently disturbing for a majority of the population, and I think that might have been what the post was getting at. This definitely didn't merit its own thread btw.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Get a life, and stop talkin' about nonsense.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 0ptw0

but as it stands I would say the act of homosexuality is inherently disturbing for a majority of the population

I suppose that would depend on where you are as some places are more gay-friendly than others, and also what you actually mean by 'act of homosexuality'. It's a sexual orientation and there are many ways it's expressed.
edit on 3-7-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

It could just be about fostering awareness and acceptance of ourselves between ourselves, to show those that are still too afraid of what they may encounter that they are not alone! I know that when I finally realised what I was about 40 years ago this subject was so taboo that no-one spoke about it and I had nothing to reference!

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

To Muzzlebreak

I have been homosexual for over 54 years and I have moved in homosexual circles for over 40 of those years, I do not not know one homosexual who lisps! Do you? You quite obviously are not an authority on how to identify a gay person!

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

My sons homosexuality lacks masculinity. He is what some would say is "very gay" (whatever in the hell that really means). He is quite effeminate.

He was effeminate at age 2. WHen you look at what the textbooks describe as the differences between boys and girls in the way they play....he was girl all the way.

He loved power rangers. But when he played with them, they never fought. They were either played with as if they were in their off hours, or they were just lined up and observed, pageant style.

Any game ever played, he would want the female character. Even if the female character was the weaker character. And if there was none available, he would not play.

Behaviorally, I raised a girl from day 1. He acted just like his female cousins, who he chose to hang around with rather than the male cousins. They had dolls, and didn't play fighting games.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Obvious troll is obvious. That is why he has all those smiley faces laughing. It is intended to piss you off.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

I am proof that you are either wrong or that I was never a baby!

Do I even exist if I was never a baby?

You can call me a liar and all that will make me is a born homosexual liar! Call me what you want I don't really care what you think!

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

By “question” I mean question it in my own mind.

But why would you if

It’s none of my business nor do I care.

obviously curiosity gets the better of you because you "question" what a strangers sexuality is simply because of their appearance. Its OK, I would too, but it would have to be a person I am attracted to, to give it a second thought about what preference they are I would have some interest in them, some attraction so I would.

The two photos supplied, if I seen these guys walking down the street I would not question their sexuality because I am not attracted to them, is that why you would "question" in your mind, to hide a attraction your maybe embarrassed about?

Why can't we just be people? Why must some people broadcast their sexuality by the way they act or dress?

Why cant you?

Why must you judge a person and question their sexuality in your mind because of how they dress and act?

Cant people act or dress in the fashion they do because its who they are, how they act and dress is an expression of them selves, their sexuality is only a part of who they are, but that part is all that seems to concern you.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Hey_ you say God raped woman without consent, killed babies, and committed mass genocide, and whatever else you said, You really hit a nerve, or more of a neuron in my brain. You provoke this thought thought:
Who is YOUR GOD that did these terrible things and how do you know? Did the Bible tell you so???

I just want to make a point that MY GOD is full of love and half of what's in the bible was made up by power hungry men trying to get the masses to follow these rules by instilling FEAR. I fear not my GOD. I think MY GODs ONLY message was to spread love, acceptance, and peace. Which means have tolerance for those that annoy you and you might find that good karma and good fortune and even LOVE comes your way. What comes around....

But hey- some people are addicted to the hate, and always want to get something started!!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by 0ptw0

but as it stands I would say the act of homosexuality is inherently disturbing for a majority of the population

I suppose that would depend on where you are as some places are more gay-friendly than others, and also what you actually mean by 'act of homosexuality'. It's a sexual orientation and there are many ways it's expressed.
edit on 3-7-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

There's homosexuality the sexual preference, and there's homosexuality the "act." The act of homosexuality is anything sexual between people of the same gender. I would say the majority of the population is inherently disturbed by homosexual acts no matter how "gay-friendly" they may be.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 0ptw0

Indeed, though, there are straight people that engage in anal sex, which i am assuming when you say 'homosexual acts' so straight people engage in 'homosexual acts' is normal? or natural? or more worthy than the same sex engaging in it?

if you find all anal sex repulsive, that is one thing, then you can just say that, not 'homosexual acts' because that is grouping only homosexuals into the 'repulsive category' regardless if you mean only homosexuals or not

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0ptw0
I would say the majority of the population is inherently disturbed by homosexual acts no matter how "gay-friendly" they may be.
For those who are hard-wired straight...yes, that is how I think it is. The question becomes...So what?

I find brussels sprouts to be distasteful as well, but I'm not about to legislate against them or beat up thems what likes 'em, even if offered up. Injecting a question of morality into either discussion is entirely arbitrary, and I would go so far as to say that my abhorrence of brussels sprouts is not motivated by self-hatred due to a secret lust for them.

Unlike a lot of homophobic response to gay sex.
edit on 3-7-2013 by JohnnyCanuck because: it needed clarity, eh?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
this is such a waste of data on the interwebs.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveThruLove

I just want to make a point that MY GOD is full of love and half of what's in the bible was made up by power hungry men trying to get the masses

I admire and find hope in the fact that you don't think the whole Bible is the 'Word of God'. However you would be mistaken if you thought that view was representative of Christendom.

The truth is all that horrible stuff that member mentioned IS in the Bible and it IS believed to be the 'Word of God' by many many many religious people.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 0ptw0

There's homosexuality the sexual preference

Preference to me sounds like choice, it's not choice to have the orientation. To express it, it *kinda is a choice. You can abstain from sex but to completely suppress all the aspects of the sexual orientation? You'd have to be quite the monk!

and there's homosexuality the "act." The act of homosexuality is anything sexual

Thanks for answering. That's what I was unsure of. Yes sex is an act of homosexuality. As is kissing and holding hands. I know plenty of heterosexual people that are not bothered by seeing casual displays of affection from homosexual couples.

would say the majority of the population is inherently disturbed by homosexual acts no matter how "gay-friendly" they may be.

I won't speak for things I don't have first-hand experience of in this point. I haven't ever been to these really gay-friendly countries/places.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

the difference between being gay and those other things is that its between 2 consenting people - I believe that most humans have evil desires but the difference between that and action is the defining difference.
edit on 3-7-2013 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
You can't really tell if a guy is gay by the way he dresses. Just because a guy is where tight jeans and a pink shirt and acting relaxed instead of macho, that doesn't mean that he's not attracted to breasts and vagina.

If you see a guy with tight jeans and a pink shirt on and you automatically assume "he likes penis" then that is just your assumption, you don't know for sure; and there is no way homosexuality is in your face just because a guy like this may be walking past you.

You don't know if a guy likes vagina and breast or not just by the way he acts or dresses.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I read the thread to the 13th page and decided to skip forward, so if I interject, I apologize, but I had some things to say.

My logic regarding homosexuality.

You can't corral heterosexuals into these neat little compartments called bigot, homophobe, closed-minded and religious zealot. If it were that simple you would've won the argument already. The simple truth is that most heterosexuals have an aversion to homosexuality and find it disgusting and unnatural.

Let's address each. A bigot is someone who hates and is intolerant and won't listen to other peoples opinions. I think you'll find most people here listen to each other and respond. Homophobia is the irrational fear of or aversion to homosexuality. I don't consider my opinion as irrational, in fact I consider it quite normal. Closed-minded? No. I'm here reading a thread on homosexuality. If I were closed-minded I wouldn't be here in the first place. Religious? No. I just have personal convictions about right, wrong and the natural order of things.

Now that all of those have failed, I guess I'm just a heterosexual guy with an average and normal opinion on homosexuality, clearly supported by the majority of the human population.

As a heterosexual male, I find anal sex disgusting and repulsive. I would never even consider it with a woman, much less a man. I'm willing to bet a large number of heterosexuals feel the same way I do. Thus, the anal sex argument is pointless.

My point: A lot of assumptions are made about heterosexuals, mostly in an attempt to win a point in an argument. Funny thing is they never stick, because they're based on wild accusation and emotional over-reaction.

Now getting to the original post. I saw the post in question, in the other thread (rape, murder = homosexuality). I don't necessarily agree with it, but I do agree with the common theme, which is this... If you take perversion and make it acceptable and normal in society, which is what's happened in the last 30 years or more, where else do you have to go but farther down into immorality and perversion? And so bestiality and pedophilia don't seem that far-fetched, especially considering the way the country is going. Society can't exist without boundaries and a good moral compass. Seems like today everything is aimed at tearing down boundaries and letting it be a free-for-all.

One other thing. I do agree with the fact that a person's sexuality should be private and shouldn't be flaunted. If you make it a point to put it in peoples faces all the time, don't expect to be respected or treated equal, because you're not trying to be equal, you're trying to be an annoyance to get attention. It's not the right way to go about it.

I don't care if you're a homosexual. I don't care what you do in your bedroom. Don't expect me to change my personal opinions, convictions or my moral compass, so you can feel better about being a homosexual. That's not how it works. You can't force-feed something like sexuality down a person's throat and expect them to accept it. How hard is it to understand that there are still people in this country that have strong moral convictions about right, wrong and what is normal? Doesn't make them bigots, homophobes or anything else, just good people with traditional ideals.

There will always be people who will be against what you're all about. The key is to treat people like fellow human beings, not people to be exploited and annoyed in your quest for equality. There are better ways to change peoples minds. I've not seen any of those yet.

I think the main problem is that homosexuals want so very badly to not just have equality, but to change people and make them accept homosexuality in the core of their being. That's not going to happen.
edit on 3-7-2013 by Freth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join