It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flaw In Your Logic Regarding Homosexuality

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Verum1quaere

I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that until recently the widespread belief was that homosexuals were abominations that were less than human. Funnily enough Christian based conversion "therapy" is at best ineffective. At worst it simply causes depression, anxiety, and other mental disorders.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The flaw in logic that homosexuality is 'unnatural' because we can't reproduced is that we can, if we wanted to we could have sex with a female and get her pregnant and thus reproduce 'Naturally', if your argument is that all sex should be with the intentions of reproduction, there are many straight men who are unnatural then because not all have sex for reproductive purposes

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

What you are attempting to describe is neuroplasticity. Despite what transhumanists will have you believe neuroplasticity is actually very limited. Especially once you are no longer a newborn. While every brain is different there are commonalities. For example the amygdala and INAH3 region in females are on average larger than males. The same goes for the superchiasmatic nucleus. Also note that I didn't say most homosexuals are left handed. What I said is that left handedness is more prevalent in homosexuals than in heterosexuals. Considering that handedness is observable before birth this would seemingly indicate that homosexuality does have a genetic basis. And now for some studies I am referencing.

The Relation Between Sexual Orientation and Penile Size
A difference in hypothalamic structure between heterosexual and homosexual men
Differential brain activation in exclusively homosexual and heterosexual men produced by the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, fluoxetine
Structural sex differences in the brain: Influence of gonadal steroids and behavioral correlates
Neural correlates of sexual arousal in homosexual and heterosexual men.
Sexual orientation and handedness in men and women: A meta-analysis.
Dermatoglyphics, Handedness, Sex, and Sexual Orientation
Handedness, Sexual Orientation, and Gender-Related Personality Traits in Men and Women

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

No Humans are not animals they are human.Man is meant to aspire to be better than animals.

We are animals. The fact you dispute that demonstrates just how far removed from the reality of science you are.

Did I say anything concerning the aspirations of Mankind or what the meaning of life is or any other suchness?

I'd say one way we can aspire to be better is to continually grow our moral understanding.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

and yet, the other major difference seems to be in lifestyle...
Every subculture in the world has differences in lifestyle. Literally. Every. Single. One. This is a completely desperate in moot point.

more suicidal, nihilistic and drug-taking without Christ...

What a bunch of garbage. There are MANY christian homosexuals out there (not that being christian in ANY WAY makes one right or better than anyone else). Most are very giving and friendly people. And drug-taking? For real?

Just utter crap.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Xcalibur254

Every brain is different not the same.
Neuroplasticity is not separate from the study of epigentics.
The study of epignentics is new.
Neuroplasticity is not so limited as to not explain differences in developed brain region sizes.

So what if the amygdala and INAH3 region in some females can be average larger than males it depends on the individual.
We all have different brains.
Then you tried to associate homosexuals with left handedness. LOL.and bigger willies.LOL.

Science doesn't support any your claim and homosexuals don't get prescribed different doses of drugs.
Though handedness can in some cases be observed before birth, homosexuality has not been observed in fetuses or babies. Handedness is completely unrelated as science has not yet found a genetic basis for homosexuality . The studies referenced have not concluded any of the claims you have made for babies being born homosexual nor was there any fMRI on babies to support any of the claims.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Nope you might be an animal .
I am not an animal I am a human being.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

Though handedness can in some cases be observed before birth, homosexuality has not been observed in fetuses or babies.

Nor has heterosexuality, thus negating your argument. What has been observed, though, as has been pointed out ad nauseum, is that GENETIC DIFFERENCES are common between homo and heterosexuals.

Now, since you are convinced it is a choice, Ill ask the same question I have before: Can YOU chose to be gay?Not that you'll answer, as you seem to run away from any challenges...
edit on 2-7-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BDBinc

Yikes. This is kind of scary really.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
BDBINC...so tell us, when did you choose to be straight, if as you say homosexuals aren't born that way, then.heterosexuals aren't born straight either!!!!!! so, tell us...when did you and all the straight people you know,, when did you all choose to be straight?????

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Yikes. This is kind of scary really.

Well, i would say it is as unproven as homosexuality being an inborn trait.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Nope it is you that have failed to prove your claim that babies are homosexual as they are not, nor have you provided me with any evidence.
You have also claimed homosexuality in man is natural because animals hump.

edit on 2-7-2013 by BDBinc because: (no reason given)

I provided you with several scientific journals which were peer reviewed that came from .edu sources. I have proven beyond a reasonable doubt that children are indeed born homosexual. What do I have to do to get a legitimate response out of you?

I accepted the burden of proof, and I delivered results.

You did 0 research and posted laughing smiley faces.

The evidence is on page 14 by the way. I posted it in a direct response to you. Guess you forgot..?
edit on 2-7-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that until recently the widespread belief was that homosexuals were abominations that were less than human. Funnily enough Christian based conversion "therapy" is at best ineffective. At worst it simply causes depression, anxiety, and other mental disorders.

You're forgetting suicide.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Xcalibur254

Every brain is different not the same.
Neuroplasticity is not separate from the study of epigentics.
The study of epignentics is new.
Neuroplasticity is not so limited as to not explain differences in developed brain region sizes.

So what if the amygdala and INAH3 region in some females can be average larger than males it depends on the individual.
We all have different brains.
Then you tried to associate homosexuals with left handedness. LOL.and bigger willies.LOL.

Science doesn't support any your claim and homosexuals don't get prescribed different doses of drugs.
Though handedness can in some cases be observed before birth, homosexuality has not been observed in fetuses or babies. Handedness is completely unrelated as science has not yet found a genetic basis for homosexuality . The studies referenced have not concluded any of the claims you have made for babies being born homosexual nor was there any fMRI on babies to support any of the claims.

Except that... You know... All of those claims came directly from scientific studies. And those were indeed the conclusions of the studies.

Basically what you're doing is looking directly at the color blue and saying "Well... You can't PROVE that it's blue." Uhm. Not only "can" we, but we did. It's just that your definitions of proof and evidence aren't the actual definitions of proof and evidence. The definition of proof, despite your misconception, is not "what I'd like to believe."

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MuzzleBreak

Homosexuality does not promote Liberty---many is the man who has been blackmailed or forced into actions that they would not otherwise have done because someone had knowledge of his actions.

First off. Homosexuality includes women.

Secondly, wut??

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by MuzzleBreak

Homosexuality does not promote Liberty---many is the man who has been blackmailed or forced into actions that they would not otherwise have done because someone had knowledge of his actions.

First off. Homosexuality includes women.

Secondly, wut??

Please don't feed the troll.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Wow, those studies are funny. I'm bisexual, left-handed, very good looking, thicker and long...

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by BDBinc

Evidence? Tons of it. All over this thread. Here's another:

My 21 year old son, i knew he was going to be gay when he was just under 2 years old.

Uhm.....

How did you know that?
edit on 3/7/13 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
These discussions on this topic are really pointless now. Bigotry, ignorance and personal prejudice kill any kind of hope of intelligent debate. I mean seriously comparing homosexuality to murder, rape, theft, bestiality and pedophiles....really?
I'm so ready for all this stuff to be over and done with. Maybe the threads titled "I fear my wife may be a reptilian." will make a come back.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trubl
These discussions on this topic are really pointless now. Bigotry, ignorance and personal prejudice kill any kind of hope of intelligent debate. I mean seriously comparing homosexuality to murder, rape, theft, bestiality and pedophiles....really?
I'm so ready for all this stuff to be over and done with. Maybe the threads titled "I fear my wife may be a reptilian." will make a come back.

There are some of us on here who oppose the bigotry no matter how difficult it becomes to look at. And it really is difficult at times.

On a lighter note, I miss the Nibiru and Annunaki threads. I was crossing my fingers for a surprise on Dec 21 2012.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by HairlessApe

Nope it is you that have failed to prove your claim that babies are homosexual as they are not, nor have you provided me with any evidence.
You have also claimed homosexuality in man is natural because animals hump.

edit on 2-7-2013 by BDBinc because: (no reason given)

I provided you with several scientific journals which were peer reviewed that came from .edu sources. I have proven beyond a reasonable doubt that children are indeed born homosexual. What do I have to do to get a legitimate response out of you?

I accepted the burden of proof, and I delivered results.

You did 0 research and posted laughing smiley faces.

The evidence is on page 14 by the way. I posted it in a direct response to you. Guess you forgot..?

You did not accept the burden of proof.
No evidence at all and there is none on pg 14 for your claim that because animals mount each other it follows that homosexuality in man is natural.
Babies are not born homosexual (even people I have disagreed with understand what you fail to).
Babies are not born homosexual and just because animals mount each other that mounting same sex in animals does not prove or follow logically that homosexuality is natural in man. There were no studies provided on this your claim.
You have provided no evidence and all you can do is keep saying you did, the elephant in the room is your lack of evidence for your claims.
Its hypocritical.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join