It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flaw In Your Logic Regarding Homosexuality

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The whole point about whether being gay is natural or not comes down to the simple fact of survival of the fittest.
According to darwinism the whole point of life is survival of the species. If a species ceases to procreate then the species ceases to exist. And homosexuality in whatever species brings that line of DNA to an end, and as such is unnatural.
As for humans, we have "evolved" to think for ourselves, and to make our own choices in life, some good, some bad.
I feel that as long as consenting adults arent hurting or affecting anybody else, then they should be free to do whatever they want. If thats taking drugs, smoking, drinking, doing crazy stunts, sexual violence(s&m with consenting adults), whatever deviant sexual practice(between consenting ADULTS), believing in a god, or not, whatever....BETWEEN CONSENTING ADULTS that doesnt ill affect anyone else is our right as a free people to do as we like. If a free thinking adult chooses to end his/her family line by not procreating, then that is their choice to make, and to regret or not regret.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneManArmy
The whole point about whether being gay is natural or not comes down to the simple fact of survival of the fittest.
According to darwinism the whole point of life is survival of the species. If a species ceases to procreate then the species ceases to exist. And homosexuality in whatever species brings that line of DNA to an end, and as such is unnatural.
As for humans, we have "evolved" to think for ourselves, and to make our own choices in life, some good, some bad.
I feel that as long as consenting adults arent hurting or affecting anybody else, then they should be free to do whatever they want. If thats taking drugs, smoking, drinking, doing crazy stunts, sexual violence(s&m with consenting adults), whatever deviant sexual practice(between consenting ADULTS), believing in a god, or not, whatever....BETWEEN CONSENTING ADULTS that doesnt ill affect anyone else is our right as a free people to do as we like. If a free thinking adult chooses to end his/her family line by not procreating, then that is their choice to make, and to regret or not regret.

Survival of the fittest was proven wrong a long time ago, although Darwinian evolution is still valid.

Here's some material on the subject:
www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 2-7-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by StumpDrummer

Sterile heterosexuals wouldn't be able to reproduce either. Should we then use that as the basis for disallowing sterile heterosexuals from marrying as well?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tony9802
reply to post by OneManArmy

Exactly, I imagine the age of consent in the Middle East is very very low..it does depend on nation and location.

Homosexuality in the USA had been illegal not too long ago.. but like you have stated, in other countries, such as European countries, homosexuality has been legal for a very very long time.

This post highlights your tendency to make widely sweeping statements and falsehoods.
I wasnt speaking of the middle east, there are many countries in the world where 8 yr olds are married off.

Homosexuality hasnt been legal in europe for a very long time. It is a relatively recent thing.

As for paedophiles only wanting youngsters, regardless of gender, this is just wrong.
Everybody is different, some paedophiles like just boys, some like just girls, some like both.
Just like some men fancy men, some also fancy women, and some like both.
And yes a homosexual paedophile will obviously like boys, a heterosexual paedophile will like girls, and a some paedophiles just dont give a f%^k, and they like both. Jimmy Saville prime example of an extreme sexual deviant, he abused girls, boys and even dead bodies.

My whole point is that everyone is different, we all like different things. So stop with the sweeping statements please.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

This post highlights your tendency to make widely sweeping statements and falsehoods.
I wasnt speaking of the middle east, there are many countries in the world where 8 yr olds are married off.

Homosexuality hasnt been legal in europe for a very long time. It is a relatively recent thing.

As for paedophiles only wanting youngsters, regardless of gender, this is just wrong.
Everybody is different, some paedophiles like just boys, some like just girls, some like both.
And yes a homosexual paedophile will obviously like boys, a heterosexual paedophile will like girls, and a some paedophiles just dont give a f%^k, and they like both. Jimmy Saville prime example of an extreme sexual deviant, he abused girls, boys and even dead bodies.

pedophiles are attracted to CHILDREN...it is a whole separate thing, they are attracted to CHILDREN, which sex they are TOTALLY misses the POINT.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I have to think that homosexuality is a natural tendency of some. My brother and I had the same upbringing, and only in hindsight, do I see the signs that were always there, hinting at his preference....Nothing MADE him that way, nothing INFLUENCED him, and we had the same daddy issues. He was simply born that way. Doesn't change he's my brother. Doesn't change that I love him (even though he's kind of an ass). I've seen the whole nature/nurture argument firsthand, for over two decades.

There's no harm in allowing them to marry. No harm in allowing them the same rights as other married couples. The whole fact of us having this discussion is pretty ridiculous, to be honest.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by research100

pedophiles are attracted to CHILDREN...it is a whole separate thing, they are attracted to CHILDREN, which sex they are TOTALLY misses the POINT.

On the contrary, it is sexual preference, which is what this whole thread is about.
I think you missed the point.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I find it hilarious that practically every thread on this site eventually has to devolve into Christian bashing.

No, hilarious isn't the right term; it's quite pathetic, to be honest.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by HairlessApe

Originally posted by daaskapital
Why didn't you just reply to him in that thread instead of creating a whole new thread about one reply?

This thread is entirely unneeded and is obviously being used to stir the pot even further. The member was rebuffed in that thread by other members. There is no reason why you couldn't have replied to him there. It sounds like you just wanted to 'show off' so to speak.....

Because questioning the logic used is a completely legitimate action, but it wasn't the intended point of that thread. Even if other members turned it into that.

By "stirring the pot" I suppose you mean riling a debate? Debate is largely the purpose of forums.

I'd appreciate it if you responded, rather than bickered.

So allow me to question you directly - do you have an opinion about this type of logic? Do you agree that's it's flawed? Are you here to defend it? Or did you simply take it upon yourself to post something which was unneeded and obviously said to stir the pot?

edit on 1-7-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

You are speaking as a hypocrite.
The post that member was replying to lacked all logic so the member was using the same failed logic as the OP.
If animals hump each other it does not follow that that animal humping makes homosexuality natural for man.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
PHEDOPHILES have a sexual preference for CHILDREN, you are missing the POINT...GAYS are ADULTS who are attracted to other ADULTS of the same sex...get a clue.. the 2 are 2 totally different things

On the contrary, it is sexual preference, which is what this whole thread is about.
I think you missed the point. [/quote/]

edit on 2-7-2013 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I'm writing this short-but-sweet thread in reaction to a comment made by another ATS'er on the thread titled "Why being Gay IS a Natural thing"

The comment was this:

Rape, murder, theft, cannibalism--all naturally occurring also.

Now, as someone who's mental faculties run at acceptable levels, I simply laughed this off at first. Surely the average person couldn't hold such a blatantly bigoted and underthought position on the subject. But then I got to thinking - what if someone else sees this foolishness and begins to think it's a legitimate claim?

I'm sure, if confronted, this ATSer, as well as ANY person who thinks in such a logically-flawed manner would argue something along the lines of "I wasn't saying homosexuality is comparable to murder, rape, or cannibalism. I was just saying they're both naturally occuring." But clearly they ARE drawing that ridiculous comparison. If they weren't, they would have no reason to say something so incredibly inflammatory.

In short, I only need ONE sentence to defeat your logic. But for comedic value, I'll add a second.

"Heterosexuality is naturally occuring - just like rape, murder, theft, and cannibalism. I'm not saying heterosexuality and these atrocious acts which don't involve two consenting adults are comparable, I'm just comparing them for absolutely no reason."

Think before you speak... Or write, for that matter.

I find it absolutely incredible that I have posts deleted for arguing the illogical nature of homosexuality's claim that they are "born this way", while Moderators allow a clearly liberal-pushed agenda like this thread to go ahead and condescend anyone who does not agree with them.

At what point does the attempt to stay politically correct, turn into censorship, bias, and oppression of opinion, the very things the Moderators here believe they are defending homosexuals from?

Disturbing trend ATS Mods. I hope the Admins are taking note, unless they are in fact the ones promoting this ideology of squashing dissent in the name of Gay Rights, the question of which now becomes "what rights are they really missing now?".

It's no longer a mission for gay rights, but a quest to impress upon us that homosexuality is a normalcy.

Will we now no longer be able to express our opinions that heterosexuality is normal? How far reaching has the censorship gone here?
edit on 2-7-2013 by yourignoranceisbliss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by yourignoranceisbliss

It's no longer a mission for gay rights, but a quest to impress upon us that homosexuality is a normalcy.
Equal. Normal has nothing to do with it, as there is no such thing.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Equality is a delusional fallacy. I can list innumerable reasons why, as a reality dictated by biology, yet I would need only one to prove my claim true.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourignoranceisbliss

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Equality is an delusional fallacy. I can list innumerable reasons why, as a reality dictated by biology, yet I would need only one to prove my claim true.
minimize it all you want, its still true. They want to be treated as equal to anyone else. Nothing more, and certainly nothing less.

You are confusing biology with law-a silly mistake to make in this debate.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Really, eye rolling? Minimizing? Like you just did with the concept of normalcy?

Typical hypocritical and immature rationalizing of selfish bias.

If normalcy did not exist, I can argue that YOU would not exist.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Excellent!! That is exactly the point I was trying to make earlier. Pedophiles are into CHILDREN- irrespective of the childs gender. They seek and wrongfully victimize CHILDREN-- focusing on the gender of a child entirely obscures the fact and point that pedophiles seek CHILDREN.

I get so tired of these people who keep comparing pedophiles to homosexuals. They have absolutely nothing to do with each other, since pedophiles seek the kids, and homosexuals seek their adult equal- consensually, of course.

PHEDOPHILES have a sexual preference for CHILDREN, you are missing the POINT...GAYS are ADULTS who are attracted to other ADULTS of the same sex...get a clue.. the 2 are 2 totally different things

I think you missed the point. [/quote/]

Gay Adults,
edit on 2-7-2013 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Really, eye rolling? Minimizing? Like you just did with the concept of normalcy?

The concept of normalcy is abstract. It doesnt have to be minimized. As much as you all like to cling to this completely subjective term, it is irrelevant.

Typical hypocritical and immature rationalizing of selfish bias.

Funny, you keep throwing lines like this out, but you havent really produced a single argument to back up you statements....

If normalcy did not exist, I can argue that YOU would not exist.
And im sure it would be as weak an argument as all the rest that you have presented.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourignoranceisbliss

I'm writing this short-but-sweet thread in reaction to a comment made by another ATS'er on the thread titled "Why being Gay IS a Natural thing"

The comment was this:

Rape, murder, theft, cannibalism--all naturally occurring also.

I find it absolutely incredible that I have posts deleted for arguing the illogical nature of homosexuality's claim that they are "born this way", while Moderators allow a clearly liberal-pushed agenda like this thread to go ahead and condescend anyone who does not agree with them.

At what point does the attempt to stay politically correct, turn into censorship, bias, and oppression of opinion, the very things the Moderators here believe they are defending homosexuals from?

Disturbing trend ATS Mods. I hope the Admins are taking note, unless they are in fact the ones promoting this ideology of squashing dissent in the name of Gay Rights, the question of which now becomes "what rights are they really missing now?".

Will we now no longer be able to express our opinions that heterosexuality is normal? How far reaching has the censorship gone here?

if THEY are not born this way, then how come there have always been gays??? when it was taboo, never talked about, where did they LEARN this?? talk about illlogical....I find posts that compare gays to phedophiles , or call them an abomination , or saying they should be sent to their own island, REALLY OFFENSIVE, those should be stricken.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by HairlessApe

You're missing the point. Being gay has little to nothing to do with it. Being loud, obnoxious, attention seeking and rude have everything to do with it. It's kinda like how most people try to avoid loud obnoxious drunk people and don't particularly feel comfortable around them. Of course the difference is, the loud drunk obnoxious people don't get to label people as intolerant and try to force people to like them. (ok, maybe some do
)

Many members of the gay community are quiet, demure, gently spoken, polite and eloquent.
You seem to be running with this very negative stereotype of gay people, and once again I beg to differ on the points you make. Many members of the gay community are professors, writers, doctors, curators etc, and they behave very harmoniously and elegantly with their peers and those around them.

The careless statements you make insinuating gay people are inherently "badly behaved," is distasteful and inappropriate..

Clearly, you missed the whole entire conversation. This response was about the "flamboyant" who act in the manner I described. This was not about the well behaved, gently spoken etc. You didn't even read the first sentence of the response.

edit on 2-7-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join