It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt's military gives politicians a 48-hour ultimatum

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk... Moris rejects armys 48 hour ultimatum

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well twitter just blew up with Morsi's speech.

Many are stating that the chance of civil war in Egypt just went way up.....and if we lose access to the canal then (lets just say I will be watching the price of crude)

edit on 2-7-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
i've reposted this on 3 threads now to be sure it gets seen
this is day 0. has anyone heard anything from egypt yet as regards the military and the gov? are we experincing a blackout of info from there? we need info from people living there. is their internet down again? what's going on??

I am an Egyptian in Egypt right now.

Mursi, just gave a very,very dangerous speech literary 2 hours ago. He basically said:
He is not leaving, he is holding on to his chair and refusing to leave.
He gave the green light for his supporters to attack/kill protesters that oppose him.
He warned us of civil war, he is not going down with blood, heck even with blood he is not leaving.

Keep in mind that pro-muslim brotherhood protesters are ARMED! They have automatic firearms in their possession and have proved to us that they can and WILL fire on protesters in the last couple of days. The anti-Muslim brotherhood protesters FAR outnumber his supporters but we are unarmed! Signs and slogans cant fight against machine guns! We will not be using weapons to fight them because we don't want a civil war, we don't want another Syria, we just want to fix the country, we are asking for basic rights here, bread, justice, electricity, water and petrol for our cars. Thats what we are asking for and they are replying with machine guns and Molotovs!

There are 14 hours left before the military deadline, in 14 hours machine guns can wipe out our protesters specially since we are in large concentrations. Egypt will turn into a very bloody place very very quickly! Obama i hope that you are pleased you bloodthirsty, son of a ****. keep supporting the Muslim brotherhood! "land of the free" keep supporting the criminals! keep supporting these people who are shooting protesters with only flags and signs as their weapons! Today i have developed this super hatred of America i hope that you are pleased Obama, you just created a country with 0 stability, 0 peace, 0 security. I can now understand and see why Iraq and Afghanistan have this hatred for the US, i can see the reasoning behind it, and i fully agree with them. I hope that you too can see how i have developed this hatred, maybe you now understand why the middle east hates the US so much. If you want to be safe from terrorist attacks, GET THE HELL OUT OF OUR COUNTRIES! STOP INTERFERING WITH OUR BUSINESS, ITS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU!

I pray to god that the Egyptian military gets rid of this organization of bloodthirsty criminals supported by the US. The military is Egypt's last hope. I pray to god that the Egyptian military doesn't listen to Obama's threat of withdrawing US military aid to Egypt if they do turn against Mursi.

Well done Obama, supporting "democracy" as usual, well done. ATS has just witnessed the birth of someone who has a burning hatred towards the US.

Edit: This has quickly turned into a rant, that was not what i intended to do. I got emotional as i type but i will not edit it, i will leave it as it is so you can see my feelings and the feelings of many other fellow Egyptians here.
edit on 2-7-2013 by ozoman because: added edit.

edit on 2-7-2013 by ozoman because: added edit

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ozoman

Wtf?

Morsi gave his supporters the green light to kill his opposition?

He really just said that? Neo, I think your civil war predictions are coming true unfortunately...

I bet Washington DC fully backs this.

Oh and welcome ozoman ! Thanks for enlightening ATS with your contributions!
edit on 2-7-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Brotherhood demonstrators shoot at Morsy opponents

www.egyptindependent.com...

Yep, getting serious over there:

Menna Anwar ‏@MennaAnwar89 3m
A policeman takes a bullet in the head amid the clashes that erupted between pro-morcy and the protesters. #Egypt #tahrir

Alastair Beach ‏@Alastair_Beach 5m twitter.com...
Anti Morsi ppl pushed all way up to pro Morsi rally.
Heavy continuous gunfire.ringing out

Jessy Farid ‏@Jessy_Ibreeze 42s

#Tahrir roars with chants against #Morsi after the recent speech. #June30 #Egypt

Rehab Rihan ‏@RehabRihan 1m

What the **** did just happen ? #tahrir #30june #morsi #speech #crazy #egypt

joseph j ‏@J_A_Nasser_Idea 3m

"#Morsi in this speech is not talking to the #Egyptian people ,he is talking to his ikhwan. #tahrir #tamarod2 #june30 #ikhwan

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by ozoman

Wtf?

Morsi gave his supporters the green light to kill his opposition?

He really just said that? Neo, I think your civil war predictions are coming true unfortunately...

I bet Washington DC fully backs this.

Oh and welcome ozoman ! Thanks for enlightening ATS with your contributions!
edit on 2-7-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

He didn't say it literary, but anyone with half a brain cell would be able to tell that what he said was the green light for his supporters. It would be very hard for Obama to claim to be on the side of democracy if Mursi said it directly. Mursi gave the green light indirectly.
There are rumors here, that the speech was recorded, and that Mursi has left the country I cant confirm or deny these rumors.

Originally posted by MidnightTide

joseph j ‏@J_A_Nasser_Idea 3m

"#Morsi in this speech is not talking to the #Egyptian people ,he is talking to his ikhwan. #tahrir #tamarod2 #june30 #ikhwan

"ikhwan" here is an Arabic word written in English, as in written using English letters but when you read it, it is pronounced as an Arabic word. ikhwan means brothers/brotherhood.

EDIT: forgot to mention, 6 people have been shot dead, and 200 injured at Cairo university. All the victims were against the Muslim Brotherhood.
edit on 2-7-2013 by ozoman because: added edit

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Feyonka ‏@YasmineAhamid 52s

#Morsi speech is a pep-talk for his supporters, urging them to die for legitimacy which he mentioned 77 times #egypt #tahrir

Jason Safoutin ‏@dragonfire1024 1m

#BREAKING Thousands continue to gather in #Tahrir Square in #Cairo #Egypt as #Morsi refuses to step down.

sharon lynch ‏@sharon_lynch 2m

RT @ibnezra: As Morsi talks about legitimacy, a stream of reports of attacks on women and kidnappings are flooding in from #Tahrir

Ahmed Zidan ‏@zidanism 2m

Harassment in #Tahrir in underreported because of the massive political turmoil taking place.A message of solidarity to all the women there

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
I expect Egypt to devolve in to another Syria

it is almost there.

Civil War.

I don't think so. Most of Egypt's high ranking Military Leaders are West Point Educated. The Military will do what it deems best for the Egyptian people, that probably means Morsi will be toppled and the MB will once again, be under house arrest. The MB were thugs, have always been thugs and always will be thugs. They need to be treated as such. Good riddance to that experiment. They can't change their spots.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ozoman

So here we go bash the US. WTF do you want us to do? And please keep in mind your answer now is your answer forever permanently now and forever. You protested the previous regime, had him removed. You whined the US didn't back the people up fast enough. You whined and complained when the Egyptian military took it's time holding elections they weren't being held fast enough. You are whining and complaining now that the results of that rushed election have become what you did not want. We sent every kind of aid to help you people decide what you wanted, sent people to help frame your Government. The only thing we didn't do is send you people to vote for you. Hell we seem to have a hard enough time with our own citizens getting it right, do you really want us holding your hand and doing it for you?

You are personalizing International politics. At this level your pretty much screwed if you do and you are just as screwed if you don't. But you need to understand the Egyptian people are not making any of this any easier on anyone else. Fledgling Republics are a thing fraught with peril, and prone to failure for a reason. They are not easy to build and few understand how they are supposed to function. You have to be committed to a functioning government. The President of the US cannot simply get on TV and back every time citizens protest against their Government. Especially in countries where the citizens are protesting every other weekend because they were too apathetic to get out and vote the first time around. You do not get to change your mind like one changes their underwear on this. Elections have consequences, if you do not like the result you get to vote again in the next term. It is that simple.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Video footage of some of the gunfire taking place in Egypt and a wounded man being taken away:

and as I said, crude is going up - past 100 as I type this.....

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ozoman

Obama on the side of democracy? He has overthrown more governments indirectly than hitler could directly.

Obama is bad news. I mean really bad news!

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

he's speaking passionately because he's in the middle of a civil war. not exactly something that would normally make a person calm and rational

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ozoman

ozo,

be safe and keep your loved ones safe. don't do anything irrational. if you know any elderly people and single females living alone, check in on them. these kinds of things have a tendency to include looting and pillaging and the mishandling and murdering of those least able to defend themselves.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Oh please. Arab Spring was suspect from day 1. Muslim Brotherhood is synonymous with alqueda which is synonymous with saudi arabian whabbis. Muslim fanatics hell bent on non-secular government that persecute all other religious minorities.

They also persecute agnostics and atheists. Mubarak was an angel compared to morsi.

edit on 2/7/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I don't care they do not get to act like a petulant child and blame everyone else because they ate too much candy and have a belly ache now. The US didn't do this to them, they did it to themselves. The only thing Obama did in either of these mass protests is not set out to destroy our relationship with the existing legitimate Government. No one wants to see unarmed civilians gunned down in the streets, for trying to affect change. But it isn't like the US can just willy nilly back whoever complains whenever they complain. It is not a good idea to go around toppling governments, it makes other countries nervous.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Suspect only to those with questionable Intelligence and no understanding at all of International politics. How easy it must be to live in this world where the boogeyman is behind every corner and the big bad Government is creeping in every shadow. So sad a life it may be to believe that people are actually capable of acting on their own, without the Big Bad US Government to push them into ousting their own Government. You know who believe these fantastical tales? People that are incapable of acting on their own.

edit on 2-7-2013 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2013 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

i'm just pointing out the obvious. it was an emotional reaction, for an emotional situation. i agree that it isn't exactly the fault of the US if the people voted for the wrong guy, or not enough voters showed up to vote. but this is all new to egypt. first ever, democratically elected president. that's a pretty big deal.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

LOL

The entire US foreign policy in the middle east is a JOKE.

They give money and arms to just about everyone who will play ball with them for a bit. Is Afghanistan any better off? Is Iraqi? Do you wonder why extremists have any problems recruiting? The US supports some of the worst tyrants in the middle east - namely the House of Saud. How about those drone strikes? Winning any hearts and minds?

The US has never been interested in giving freedom and democracy to the peoples of the Middle East. The US administration has been interested in keeping their influence intact and powerful, to protect their trade routes and cheap access to natural resources. I could keep on going, but one last thing.....it is funny how many members of the administration are / have been part of corporations that do a lot of the "world building" that takes place in the middle east after the war machine rumbles through.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Why do you even bother?

Some people do not want facts, they prefer ad hominem attacks!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join