It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ways to limit spying on you.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This is a simple thread, but important because most people don't know how to avoid being tagged for spying. So here are some of my thoughts.

1. Never use the actual names of political people.

2. Never use the actual names of places of national importance.

3. If you do either of the above, misspell, abbreviate, or use alternate names.

4. never use "keyword" names such as "bomber" "kill" "plane" in the same paragraph.

What most people don't realize is that there are very sophisticated computers that record, track, and Analise everything done on the phone, computer, Ipad, or whatever. They skim over vast reams of data and when a keyword or phrase sticks out "BAM!" it gets a flag.

So enjoy your day and be wise. Most of all conversation is innocent and harmless. Have fun in your debates, but just think a little before you write it and send it.

Carry on, oh, and leave comments if you like.

edit on 1-7-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Good advices. As a guy who uses keywords to keep track of myself, I can confirm that keywords are child play for people who want to spy on an individual.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I understand where you are coming from...but, it is freedom of speech baby, and I have had my fair share of sacrifice to keep freedom of speech alive and well...IMO, I will say or write what I want and when I want because if ya dont use it ya lose it...ya dig???

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Ways to limit spying on you

This is really quite obvious as an avenue to being sniffed a little less but, in the long run, the sniffers will adjust.

Beyond that? Trying to hide is exactly the kind of behavior that attracts attention and with Obama teamsters (Team Obama) all across the web monitoring and interacting sites just like this, games of lexiconical dodge ball really don't accomplish much.

Besides, we either stand and apply our liberty to speak openly or we breed our own brand of fear of doing so.

Rock on.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
This is a simple thread, but important because most people don't know how to avoid being tagged for spying. So here are some of my thoughts.

4. never use "keyword" names such as "bomber" "kill" "plane" in the same paragraph.

What most people don't realize is that there are very sophisticated computers that record, track, and Analise everything done on the phone, computer, Ipad, or whatever. They skim over vast reams of data and when a keyword or phrase sticks out "BAM!" it gets a flag.

So enjoy your day and be wise. Most of all conversation is innocent and harmless. Have fun in your debates, but just think a little before you write it and send it.

Thank you for your advice Fromabove.

And ohhhh will i leave a comment as you kindly suggested!

This will be a BOMB of a comment which i hope won't get NSA agents ordered by President OBAMA and his Croneys in WASHINGTON USA to come over here to EUROPE on a PLANE packed full of EXPLOSIVES, GUNS AND POISON and KILL me

To be quite honest, we all know that keywords and such are being monitored but i think that the PTB know exactly who to pinpoint as small random (humoristic) phrases as mine do not interest them at all! Well, i HOPE not!!!... Otherwise it's bye bye Rodinus

edit on 1-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Words added

edit on 1-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
lol they can spy on me if they want by the end of it they will be like wow this guy is boring as hell i cant believe we wasted over 5,000 dollars in man power to come to this conclusion about this loser

This has been going on since the 90's this is nothing new and old anyone remember clinton and echelon? ... no?
edit on 1/7/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

You do realise what you did there don't you?

edit on 1-7-2013 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

You do realise what you did there don't you?

edit on 1-7-2013 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

Yeah I wondered too why the op said b0mber k1ll and pl4ne in one sentence

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I came across this which may be of some interest to "some" of you on this thread :

In itself, homosexuality is as limiting as heterosexuality:
the ideal should be to be capable of loving a woman or a man; either,
a human being,
without feeling fear, restraint, or obligation.

- Simone de Beauvoir

Homosexuality is god's way of insuring that the truly gifted aren't burdened with children.

- Sam Austin

I don't think homosexuality is a choice.
Society forces you to think it's a choice, but in fact, it's in one's nature.
The choice is whether one expresses one's nature truthfully or spends the rest of one's life lying about it.

- Marlo Thomas

Thread on Biological exuberance here which has some pretty interesting links concerning animal homosexuality

: flatrock.org.nz...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Rodinus... wrong thread mate

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
reply to post by Rodinus

Rodinus... wrong thread mate

Oh Bugger... tis indeed folks!

My sincerest apologies...

Cmon folks i deserve at least a star for all my hard work? *cheezy apologetic grin*

And NO i am not gay!

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 1-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Words added

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
For those of us who want to overload their system and waste their time :

DHS & Other Agencies
Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Federal Emergency, Management Agency, (FEMA), Coast Guard (USCG), Customs and Border protection (CBP), Border Patrol, Secret service (USSS), National Operations Center (NOC), Homeland Defense, Immigration Customs Enforcement (ICE), Agent, Task Force, Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) Fusion Center, Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA), Secure Border Initiative (SBI), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Alcohol Tobacco and firearms (ATF), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS), Federal Air Marshal Service (FAMS), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Air Marshal, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), National Guard, Red Cross, United Nations (UN).

Domestic Security:
Assassination, Attack, Domestic Security, Drill, Exercise, Cops, Law Enforcement, Authorities, Disaster Assistance, Disaster Management, Domestic Nuclear Detection Office (DNDO), National preparedness, Mitigation, Prevention, Response, Recovery, Emergency Management, First responder, Homeland security, Maritime domain awareness (MDA), National preparedness, Initiative, Militia, Shooting, Shots fired, Evacuation, Deaths, Hostage, Explosion (explosive), Police, Disaster medical assistance, Gangs, National security, State of emergency, Security, Breach, Threat, Standoff, SWAT, Screening, Lockdown, Bomb (squad or threat), Crash, Looting, Riot, Emergency landing, Pipe bomb, Incident.

HAZMAT & Nuclear:
Nuclear, Chemical spill, Suspicious package/device, Toxic, National laboratory, Nuclear facility, Nuclear threat, Cloud, Plume, Radiation, Radioactive, Leak, Biological infection (or event), Chemical, Chemical burn, Biological, Epidemic, Hazardous, Hazardous material incident, Industrial spill, Infection, Powder (white), Gas, Spillover, Anthrax, Blister agent, Chemical agent, Exposure, Burn, Nerve agent, Ricin, Sarin, North Korea,

Health Concern + H1N1:
Outbreak, Contamination, Exposure, Virus, Evacuation, Bacteria, Recall, Ebols, Food poisoning, Foot and Mouth (FMD), H5N1, Avian, Flu, Strain, Quarantine, H1N1, Salmonella, Small Pox, Plague, Human to human, Human to animal, Influenza, Center for Disease Control (CDC), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Public Health, Toxic, Agro Terror, Tuberculosis (TB), Tamiflu, Norvo Virus, Epidemic, Agricultur, Listeria, Symptoms, Mutation, Resistant, resistant, Antiviral, Wave, Pandemic, Infection, Water/air borne, Sick, Swine, Pork, World Health organization (WHO) (and components), Viral Hemorrhagic Fever,

Infrastructure Security:
Infrastructure security, Airport, Critical Infrastructure & Key Resources (CIKR), AMTRAK, Collapse, Computer infrastructure, Communications, Infrastructure, Telecommunications, National infrastructure, Metro, WMATA, Airplane (and derivatives), Chemical fire, Subway, BART, MARTA, Port Authority, National Bio-surveillance Integration Center NBIC), Transportation security, Grid, power, Smart, Body scanner, Electric, Failure or outage, Black out, Brown out, Port, Dock, Bridge, Cancelled, Delays, Service disruption, Power lines.

Southwest Border Violence:
Drug cartel, Violence, Gang, drug, Narcotics, Cocaine, Marijuana, Heroine, Border, Mexico, Cartel, Southwest, Juarez, Sinaloa, Tijuana, Torreon, Yuma, Tucson, Decapitated, U.S. Consulate, Consular, El Paso, Fort Hancock, San Diego, Cuidad Juarez, Nogales, Sonora, Columbia, Mara salvatrucha, MS13 or MS-13, Drug war, Mexican army, Methamphetamine, Cartel de Golfo, Gulf Cartel, La Familia, Reynoso, Nuevo Leon, Narcos, Narcos banners (Spanish equivalents) Los Zetas, Shootout, Execution, Gunfight, Trafficking, Kidnap, Calderon, Reyosa, Bust, Tamaulipas, Meth lab, Drug trade, Illegal Immigrants, Smuggling (smugglers), Matamoros, Michoacana, Guzman, Arellano-Leyva, Barrio Azteca, Artistic Assassins, Mexicles, New Federation.

Terrorism:
Terrorism, Al Qaeda (all spellings), Terror, Attack, Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, Agro, Environmental terrorist, Eco terrorism, Conventional weapon, Target, Weapons grade, Dirty bomb, Enriched, Nuclear, Chemical weapon, Biological weapon, Ammonium nitrate, Improvised explosive device (IED), Abu Sayef, Hamas, Armed Revolutionary Forces Columbia (FARC), Irish Republican Army (IRA), Euskadi ta Askatasuna (ETA), Basque separatists, Hezbollah, Tamil Tigers, Palestine Liberation Front (PLF), Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO)

There is more, but I got cut off.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I did go ahead and star it, but I reserve judgement on the whole gay issue- I've always thought of you as a very happy and joyous kind of guy.......oh wait, THAT gay! Oops!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by Rodinus

I did go ahead and star it, but I reserve judgement on the whole gay issue- I've always thought of you as a very happy and joyous kind of guy.......oh wait, THAT gay! Oops!

*searches around for MRS Rodinuses rolling pin*

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Eh... Nice try but you've already failed the "government spying on you" test just by registering and posting on this website.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
FROMABOVE

Most people don't know how right you really are. Their ignorance allows governments to pry our freedoms from our cold dead fingers........Oops, they pry it from our Warm Live fingers.

However I don't believe that TRIGGER WORDS are applicable anymore, on account that every phone call from every person in the world will soon be archived. Every keystroke from every computer logged and every site ever visited will also be archived forever.

In the event that you may commit a crime, all that data will be retrieved and used against you.

Alternatively it can also create a profile of you which then determines if you are prone to carry out certain crimes. If your phone calls, keystrokes and internet activity add up to POTENTIAL criminal or terrorist activity, then a red flag alert will be raised, and you may not have even typed any of the classic trigger words.

Some people think that warehousing acres and acres of hard drives below the ground has made this all possible.
Yes the Thousands of Zenith-Bytes help, but it's the algorithms they use to compress the data which has made all this possible, otherwise recording every phone call, keystroke and internet footprint would fill the data banks within a day.

Keep fighting the GOOD fight FROMABOVE, and it's good to know some people know the truth.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Don't want to call y'all dumb, but read the terms and agreement of anything you view/download/use.

Your YouTube App, the latest update, can access your camera at any time it wants. The other Google apps are similar in nature.

Your only way to limit spying is by not using/visiting these sites.

The Google and Apple Corporations make the NSA look like girl scouts. We freely give up all privacy using either or. NSA has just to ask these Corps for peep rights. That is also in the terms.

Side note: If you updated any app, odds are you gave up your privacy rights. Learn to read people. I noticed the YT app snoop months back. No idea when Google/Apple started the spying.

No linkies, sorry. Google your privacy yourselves.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
L3@rn 2 sp34k leet...

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

I know it sounds flippant but here is an example of why this doesn't bother me. One app I use is called 'Lookout' and it is a security suite which offers antivirus/spyware and theft protection. One of it's features is that if you enter the incorrect PIN or pattern on the unlock screen, it takes a snapshot using the front facing camera and emails it to me. I have been caught out many a time and every time, it is a grainy picture of the top half of my face and head and a corner of the room I'm in. If it was on video, anyone viewing would have the pleasure of looking at my distorted, expressionless, egg like-head (due to the camera, not a deformity) and seeing the colour of one of my walls and/or ceiling. When I am not using the phone, it is in my pocket or on a flat surface looking at the ceiling. There is nothing of any value to anyone who might be able to access it. Even my conversations are generally dull in the eyes of a third party. This will be the case for millions of other devices around the world.

For these reasons, I see no reason to worry that maybe there is a statistically negligible chance someone is accessing my camera. I'm not saying I think it's ok, but one, it is very unlikely and two, 'there's nothin' to see here'. They would be very bored.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Fromabove

Actually, the methods you posted won't make any difference.

Read my post on the techniques of big-data analysis here. The NSA/FBI want the metadata of all electronic activity because it's valuable structured data as opposed to the unstructured data of your words. PRISM makes use of the most advanced contemporary techniques of big-data analysis -- a rapidly rising multi-billion dollar industry.

Your words are costly (in terms of time and processing power required) to normalize and extract entities. While your actions (metadata) can be rapidly and cheaply analyzed to determine what you're doing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join