It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't God just show himself to us?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
If God showed up....it would be of a transgender form. If the God was a man, then claims of discrimination would occur from women. If it were a female god, all male genders would barf unless the goddess was hot.

The question now is....

[COLOR=YELLOW]what if God was GAY!?[/COLOR]

edit on 1-7-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by danielsil18

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
The answer to this is simple. We would all be dead if God showed himself and if that happens what difference would it make.

Exodus 33:20
But He said, “You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live.”

Then how can he expect us to believe in him? with a book written by men?

Why would a powerful and loving God leave us with a book? and then expect us to believe in him. Doesn't sound like a powerful God if all he can do to is leave us the Bible.

Plus, doesn't Exodus also talk about slavery and that you can beat your slave and not be punished if he recovers in two days? Doesn't sound like a loveable God.

There is nothing on earth that hasn't been written by men.
The sky is blue, says who?
The universe is billions of years old, says who?
The US was the first to put a man on the moon, says who?
The Bible is not the truth, says who?
God does not exist, says who?

I could go on forever with these type of examples, but I think you get the point.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by filledcup

An inability to circumvent such possibilities implies that he is not in fact omnipotent.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by danielsil18

Actually he doesn't shows us he exists, wouldn't it be easier for him to actually let us see him? that would be the most logical thing to do. After that, we can know he exists.

Jesus came in the flesh and people still didn't believe who he was.

People are going to believe what they want to believe regardless of what the truth is until God decides to show them the truth. He prefers that we seek him out, do his will, and develop a personal relationship with him in order for that to happen.

But you are making it seem as if the story of Jesus is true and using it as proof that people won't believe in God even he shows himself to us.

Here is the question:

God is powerful, he can do so many things to make us all know he is real. He can show himself in the sky, he come to everyone's house and prove to us he is real, etc.

He can do many things that will make us know he is real. But he doesn't, all you can say is that you believe exists, not that you know he exists.

Why can't he just show himself to us and get it over with?

When I play chess with my kid he wins every-time, not because I can't beat him but so that he can learn. What good would it do if I just smash him every-time.

You fail to realize that man has a lesson that's needs to be learned. We won't learn anything if God just comes down and gives us the answer.

You mention "lesson needing to be learned" as if it was a chess game.

If you make a mistake in chess and lose, then you learn from them and play again.

In life, if you don't believe in God and die, then you are tortured in Hell for eternity.

Why wouldn't God give us a better chance to go to Heaven by showing himself to us? we only have a book.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaelemJames

Your reply just says we still need faith.

MY question asks, why doesn't God show himself to us in a physical way? not a burning bush or in our minds, but in a physical way.

We can't choose to see or not see a physical thing. It's like saying "I can't see that car because I don't believe it exists"

Why can't God just come, shows us he is real, and then we can start following him? Why just leave us a book and hope we believe in him?
edit on 1-7-2013 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)

But, I did answer you. You cannot see His face and live.

reply to post by KaelemJames

He "showed" Himself on various occasions in the OT. Yet, no one saw His face, cos they would not see His Face and live, so He showed Himself in other ways to people eg: the burning bush.

Exodus 33:20 "But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"

And he said, thou canst not see my face,.... Meaning not his form, his essence, his very nature, and the glory of it, that Moses must know he could never see; but the brightest displays of his grace and goodness in Christ, the fullest discoveries of it, which are too much for man, in the present state of things, to have, who sees in part, and but through a glass darkly, not face to face, or in the most complete and perfect manner;

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

Before I say anything I want to mention that to use the Bible as proof, first you have to prove it's actually the word of God, but let's say its is:

How can he expect us to follow all his rules when he doesn't prove to all of us that he is real? He is rewarding blind faith and sending to Hell the ones that use critical thinking, using the brain he gave us.

Also, I hope you don't have tatoos or you know where you are going, according to the Old Testament.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Actually he doesn't shows us he exists, wouldn't it be easier for him to actually let us see him? that would be the most logical thing to do. After that, we can know he exists.

People are going to believe what they want to believe regardless of what the truth is until God decides to show them the truth. He prefers that we seek him out, do his will, and develop a personal relationship with him in order for that to happen.

But you are making it seem as if the story of Jesus is true and using it as proof that people won't believe in God even he shows himself to us.

Here is the question:

God is powerful, he can do so many things to make us all know he is real. He can show himself in the sky, he come to everyone's house and prove to us he is real, etc.

He can do many things that will make us know he is real. But he doesn't, all you can say is that you believe exists, not that you know he exists.

When I play chess with my kid he wins every-time, not because I can't beat him but so that he can learn. What good would it do if I just smash him every-time.

You fail to realize that man has a lesson that's needs to be learned. We won't learn anything if God just comes down and gives us the answer.

Why wouldn't God give us a better chance to go to Heaven by showing himself to us? we only have a book.

He already did that through Jesus Christ but no one listens. Let's say God did show Himself today. Don't you think millions of men and woman would write a book about it, telling their own version of the event? But why would they write a book about it? Maybe so that future generations might believe their story. But if that happens, we'll be right back where we started. The next generation would still demand proof because they were not alive to see it.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

The answer to this is simple. We would all be dead if God showed himself and if that happens what difference would it make.

Why would a powerful and loving God leave us with a book? and then expect us to believe in him. Doesn't sound like a powerful God if all he can do to is leave us the Bible.

Plus, doesn't Exodus also talk about slavery and that you can beat your slave and not be punished if he recovers in two days? Doesn't sound like a loveable God.

I could go on forever with these type of examples, but I think you get the point.

If you ask those quetions about your religion (if you follow one) then what answers would you get? did you ask yourself that?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Here is the question:

He already did that through Jesus Christ but no one listens. Let's say God did show Himself today. Don't you think millions of men and woman would write a book about it, telling their own version of the event? But why would they write a book about it? Maybe so that future generations might believe their story. But if that happens, we'll be right back where we started. The next generation would still demand proof because they were not alive to see it.

We would actually video tape him.

That way our future generations will have a way to actually "see" him.

Kind of raises the credibility when you can see him, don't you think?

and that's to say if the story of Jesus was actually real. You can't use the story of Jesus as proof of something when we don't even know if the stories about him were real.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by CloudyNotorious
If you have read the bible In the start of Genesis Certain questions was raised as to wether God had the right to rule, Satan challenged gods right to rule, and if man can live without gods help. God has allowed man to live without help for all these years to prove to Satan and all the angels that were watching the events at that time, Hence God is allowing time for man to prove himself and to prove to Satan he is a wrong. God took away the ability to live forever, and our geins have been degenerating ever since the garden of eden. This is to see if man can live without gods help. Obviously looking at the state of the world at the moment we cant live without his help, so god will step in soon and put right all the wrong. Hope this helps.

Yes, and babies are born by angels dropping diamonds into cabbage patches and the stork picks them up and delivers them to your doorstep...

Our entire existence is based on a bet by God and the Devil....I'm not sure if you're aware of this but NOTHING can oppose God's will. Nothing. Not a concept of Satan or the Devil, nothing. God is he Devil, and Satan, and everything else for that matter. God is not a "He" or "She". God is simply the entire universe itself, and the reason "he" doesn't "show" himself to us (besides the fact that there is no entity called God in existence) is because WE are God. The entire universe is conscious and it can be considered to be God's brain. We are a part of that, and so is evil. God is good and evil balanced, not just all-good. Satan is a facet of the concept of God.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I want to ask everyone why wouldn't God just show himself to us and make us all know he exists.

Have you looked under the bed?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

If you ask those quetions about your religion (if you follow one) then what answers would you get? did you ask yourself that?

I don't follow religion, nor do I believe everything man says. But through prayer and faith God has shown me that He is real. Confirmation has been given to me through the power of the Holy Spirit. You will never know anything about God you unless ask God yourself, but when you ask it must be done with a pure heart. You can't trick God, He knows everything your thinking.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
@Op
If there is a God...and if that God showed himself to "us", then what?
Would we all demand a good explanation as to why an all loving and all powerful God would have allowed billions to suffer now and all through history?

And then what? What would you like to happen?

See this is how I think about life....it's like a video game, maybe super mario, but you only get one life and no power ups. Now in a video game the point of it is to run and jump and get over obstacles and fight enemies and eventually get to the goal.

And when you get to the goal...and finish the game, it's over, your done and bored with it and you have no desire to ever play that same game again..once you've completed it.

So the point of life is the same thing...have a goal...then achieve it..then set your next goal etc...

Now in a video game you can search for cheat codes, to bypass all the difficult stuff or to make your character immortal.. but once you take the risk out of the game and make it easy, the game becomes pointless and uninteresting to us. When there are no obstacles , no risks, then there are no real rewards either.

So if there is a God and he showed himself to "us", then we would all know it's just a video game, and we would have been shown the cheat codes...it would make living this life, with all its obstacles completely pointless and redundant.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I don't follow religion, nor do I believe everything man says. But through prayer and faith God has shown me that He is real. Confirmation has been given to me through the power of the Holy Spirit. You will never know anything about God you unless ask God yourself, but when you ask it must be done with a pure heart. You can't trick God, He knows everything your thinking.

Do you believe im going to Hell if I don't believe in him?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Here is the question:

and that's to say if the story of Jesus was actually real. You can't use the story of Jesus as proof of something when we don't even know if the stories about him were real.

Sadly a video tape would mean nothing, disbelievers would find a way to try and debunk it, or say that it wasn't really God but some other being from a distant planet.

And how do you know the story of Jesus is not real? Because, man says so?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackHat
@Op
If there is a God...and if that God showed himself to "us", then what?
Would we all demand a good explanation as to why an all loving and all powerful God would have allowed billions to suffer now and all through history?

And then what? What would you like to happen?

See this is how I think about life....it's like a video game, maybe super mario, but you only get one life and no power ups. Now in a video game the point of it is to run and jump and get over obstacles and fight enemies and eventually get to the goal.

And when you get to the goal...and finish the game, it's over, your done and bored with it and you have no desire to ever play that same game again..once you've completed it.

So the point of life is the same thing...have a goal...then achieve it..then set your next goal etc...

Now in a video game you can search for cheat codes, to bypass all the difficult stuff or to make your character immortal.. but once you take the risk out of the game and make it easy, the game becomes pointless and uninteresting to us. When there are no obstacles , no risks, then there are no real rewards either.

So if there is a God and he showed himself to "us", then we would all know it's just a video game, and we would have been shown the cheat codes...it would make living this life, with all its obstacles completely pointless and redundant.

Life isn't a game when you get tortured for eternity just for not believing in God.

You talk about life being dull if God shows himself to us.

So you rather choose a fun life and Hell for eternity than a dull life and Heaven for eternity?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

It's not my place to say where you will and will not go, that is for God to decide.

Romans 10:6
the righteousness of faith speaks in this way, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’” (that is, to bring Christ down from above) 7 or, “‘Who will descend into the abyss?’” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

According to the OT. And so he came in flesh which gives us the NT.

He came in flesh, as a man, and we nailed Him to a cross. He healed, preached, raised the dead and forgave us even what we did to Him so we may have eternal life, and we still question.

You asking why does He not show Himself. In flesh He was here. In Spirit we would not be able to see Him as i explained why.

To prove my belief and faith in Him to you is impossible as you don't see things the way i do.

Talking about using our brains and then ask yourself if it is not all up for oneself how use it. Are you using it to try and make sense on that which you don't understand, of earth, or will you try to use it so that you may see life in a spiritual way.

Have you ever gone into deep meditation to get closer on a spiritual level? Or will you just stay away from that and look at life in flesh alone? How does one grow if you choose not to really see and hear, but wait for Him to show you a sign, or Himself. You are asking a question and the answer lies within yourself. If you do not open up to Him you will not see, nor hear.

I cannot prove to anyone what i believe. I wish i could. Each to himself to listen and hear, else it would not be a personal relationship with Him and yourself.
edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Here is the question:

Sadly a video tape would mean nothing, disbelievers would find a way to try and debunk it, or say that it wasn't really God but some other being from a distant planet.

And how do you know the story of Jesus is not real? Because, man says so?

Actually no one would disbelieve if God proved he is real. It wouldn't be about believing or disbelieving, it would be about knowing he is real. If again, he proved himself to us.

Also I never said the story of Jesus is not real. I said we don't know if it's real.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

It's not my place to say where you will and will not go, that is for God to decide.

Romans 10:6
the righteousness of faith speaks in this way, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’” (that is, to bring Christ down from above) 7 or, “‘Who will descend into the abyss?’” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

I think you are more religious than you think since you are quoting the Bible.

Do you believe that those who don't follow God's commands will go to Hell?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Trust me, many people would still not believe it was him. The Jews are a perfect example of that, they saw his presence for 40 years and still didn't believe.

So despite many historians of that day who wrote and testified to his existence and what He did at that time we have no proof that Jesus was a real story? If you believe that, then you may as well not believe anything that has ever been written throughout history.
edit on 1-7-2013 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join