It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't God just show himself to us?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Why can't God just show himself to us?

Because you are not worthy? Not worthy to see even the hind parts of God.

Shrug.

3rd.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by danielsil18

See the cross. Inquire into it's true meaning and significance. Note also the resurrected life. God already has you see.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
What part of faith do some people not understand?Jesus told His followers to have faith even after he rose from the dead.

Well some people in this day and age can't believe without seeing. They lack "eyes to see and ears to hear".

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You mean faith?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

You mean faith?

Nope, our faith is just our hope in him and the assurances of his promises.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I have no idea why you are still blabbering in spurted out bible terms when I have given you all the scientifically based, precise, but unexpected answers already:

Read this again:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now that all your questions are answered, why don't you comment?
Is it too sudden and unexpected an insight?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

Why don't you just look?Take a good look in a mirror, then take a good look inside yourself,
and wham! There he/she is!

Stop looking out into the world for God, try searching inside yourself instead, because if you really do, you will find God.

Here is the thing, why dont humans understand they are God? Its expression in all sorts and kinds of malfeasence, love, danger--its here in us. This is such a simple yet misunderstood concept WE ARE IT. I am so tired of being told Jesus holds the clue, Mohammed, Buddha, they are just a way to understanding the nature of who we are AND NO ONE GETS IT.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Nope, our faith is just our hope in him and the assurances of his promises.

Faith is shorthand for "I have little to no logical basis for believing in this idea, but I have plenty of reasons for wanting to. And you know what? I don't see you coming up with anything better." Literally, that is the full and unedited version of the word we call 'faith'. Or that's what it would be, if there were such a version.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie

Originally posted by danielsil18
I want to ask everyone why wouldn't God just show himself to us and make us all know he exists.

Christians can't say they know God, they can only say they believe in him and they have faith. But why can't God come and show himself to us, tell us that he is real and that he wants everyone to follow his rules. After that we would all know he is real and start following him. Why would he just leave us a book written by men?

One of the arguments Christians make is that God wanted us to have free will. He wanted us to have the choice to follow or rebel. But the story of Lucifer says that he and other angels rebelled...but they knew God existed. So why would it be any different with us?

So my question arises, why can't God just make us know, not believe or have faith, but know he is real?
edit on 1-7-2013 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)

If Lucifer and the 1/3 of the angels rebelled though they knew God existed, then what makes you think humans would not still rebel if they were shown the "proof" you are speaking of?

If you read Revelation 20:7-9, you will see that the last thing the wicked people will do when they are resurrected at the end of the 1,000 years is encircle the City of Heaven in an attempt to overtake it. At that point it will be so obvious that God exists, yet they will still listen to Satan, and try his plan anyway:

Revelation 20:7-9(AKJV)
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 and shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

They will still listen to Satan when he tells them to try to overtake the City. And that's with the City sitting right there in front of them, with all its glory, and the glory of God shining from it.

This world has already kicked God out of school, business, public gatherings, churches, and even homes. It's a hate crime to use God's Word to show someone that they are going against His will. Prophecy is being fulfilled left and right, and most people still deny Him.

The prophecy of the Great Tribulation was fulfilled long ago: www.remnantofgod.org...

The prophecy of the Two Witnesses was also: www.remnantofgod.org...

Antichrist has been around for thousands of years: www.john1429.org...

The mark of the beast has been revealed to His people, just as promised: www.john1429.org...

There are precursors to the 7 last plagues happening all around the world as we speak, yet, with all of this evidence, people still try to play it off as though it's all just every day normal stuff. If they read the Bible, they would see that countless things have come to pass exactly like the Bible said it would. Sadly, they would still deny it.

They way people believe in E.T. and other such nonsense, they would put down any "proof" they saw to just being a mass mind-control project, or E.T. trying to get into contact with us, or the universe telling us something; or the spirit world from another dimension colliding with our dimension to create a new awakening within everybody's third eye. They would go to any length in an attempt to prove to themselves that God does not exist.

It comes down to the fact that people hate God because His laws and rules say humans should not fulfill their wicked desires and lusts. Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, countless fictional TV shows, movies, and books, video games, and other such made up, fictional evil junk, are all very well accepted by society today. However, the moment somebody brings up Jesus or God or the Bible, they are looked upon very negatively and accused of trying to brainwash and indoctrinate people with false information. Talk about hypocritical...

I know God exists. I'm no smarter than you. Surely, you could read and study the same stuff I did and come to the same conclusion.

If only I could give this statement an infinite number of stars, best response to all of the OP's questions anyone could possibly give. If its evil and against Gods word, the world will embrace it wholeheartedly.
edit on 11-8-2013 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by danielsil18
I want to ask everyone why wouldn't God just show himself to us and make us all know he exists.

Christians can't say they know God, they can only say they believe in him and they have faith. But why can't God come and show himself to us, tell us that he is real and that he wants everyone to follow his rules. After that we would all know he is real and start following him. Why would he just leave us a book written by men?

One of the arguments Christians make is that God wanted us to have free will. He wanted us to have the choice to follow or rebel. But the story of Lucifer says that he and other angels rebelled...but they knew God existed. So why would it be any different with us?

So my question arises, why can't God just make us know, not believe or have faith, but know he is real?
edit on 1-7-2013 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)

Well, I have to agree with the Christians on this one. God truly respects our free will very much so. We can choose life or death, it's all up to us. He doesn't get angry or anything if we don't choose life (this is where the Christians are in great error). We simply reincarnate until we get it right. HOWEVER, there is a time limit to everything. So do you best, raise your consciousness by letting go of everything in this world. Because those who still have their mind attached to this world will never enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

Has He shown Himself to some people? Oh yes. God only appears to those who has chosen the TRUE path of the Kingdom, thereby trying their best to destroy the ego. For a human IS God, minus the ego.
edit on 8/11/2013 by ctophil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackManINC

Give us a GOOD, SOUND, LOGICAL REASON to believe then. The failure is not on our end, as the burden of proof does not lie with us. It lies with you. So far, your answers have all boiled down to "faith". Not fact. Faith. I've even been told that "God" is meaningless without faith. I guess gravity is stronger than him.

And I have yet to see a priest skydive without a parachute.
edit on 11-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Give us a GOOD, SOUND, LOGICAL REASON to believe then. The failure is not on our end, as the burden of proof does not lie with us. It lies with you. So far, your answers have all boiled down to "faith". Not fact. Faith. I've even been told that "God" is meaningless without faith. I guess gravity is stronger than him.

The failure is in the fact that whatever is being taught to us is not enough to engender a faith in something that has not manefested adequately to our satisfaction. Those that have no or a questionable 'faith' shouldnt be chastised just because there is no belief system available (seems prudent) that is adequate enough to take that leap off the high dive platform, and scripture will not do it for me as its just not brilliant enough in explaination of my OVERLORD or Im more inclined to look within myself for the correct answer (you would think priests might have emergency feathered or inflatable rubber water wings).
edit on 11-8-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Jobeycool
What part of faith do some people not understand?Jesus told His followers to have faith even after he rose from the dead.

Well some people in this day and age can't believe without seeing. They lack "eyes to see and ears to hear".

Well then, I am one of those that lack eyes to see and ears to hear: Helen Keller School Of the Blind and Deaf HEAR/HERE I COME (I wonder if it was easier for her or is for current students a bypass (of the senses) to understand the concept of an invisible/intangible GOD?)
edit on 11-8-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

See the cross. Inquire into it's true meaning and significance. Note also the resurrected life. God already has you see.

Not a cross-- a post and beam. Not a marshmallow spear for the campfire, not a cross. not a cross, A T form.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

When it comes down to it, there are only two world views in this world regarding life, and that is evolution, which is of the world, and creation, which is Biblical Christianity. After loking at the two world views, I have found that it takes far more faith to believe that there isnt a God than it does to believe in one, as evidence of a designer is in the natural world around us. You are talking to the wrong person if you think I arrived at my belief in God through "faith" or "experience". I came to my conclusions through research, because thats exactly what I am first and foremost, a researcher, as the Bible calls on us to be. The book tells us to prove all things, to hold fast to that which is good, and to not be ignorant of Satan's many devises out there that are meant to get believers to abandon the word of God. As far as me giving you a "logical" explanation for my beliefs, I don't have to prove myself to the unrighteous.

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you. - Matthew 7:6

I will not waste my time trying to justify my beliefs to the same swine that will attempt to overtake the holy city of God when the time comes. Even with God sitting right in front of their face, they will still reject the creator of the universe. I only dialogue with those with eyes to see and ears to hear, so you sir, might as well just move on and pester someone else.
edit on 11-8-2013 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

When it comes down to it, there are only two world views in this world regarding life, and that is evolution, which is of the world, and creation, which is Biblical Christianity. After loking at the two world views, I have found that it takes far more faith to believe that there isnt a God than it does to believe in one, as evidence of a designer is in the natural world around us.

I accept that you feel that way. I do not, however, feel that it is appropriate for me to interpret your ignorance as proof of a deity. You don't know, therefore God. That's not a very scientific investigation at all. If you did your research properly and thoroughly until all avenues of study have been exhausted, I think you would find a rather different conclusion. Then again, if you desperately want to believe in a deity, no amount of logical discourse could convince you to believe anything other than that which brings you the most worldly meaning and satisfaction.

You are talking to the wrong person if you think I arrived at my belief in God through "faith" or "experience". I came to my conclusions through research, because thats exactly what I am first and foremost, a researcher, as the Bible calls on us to be. The book tells us to prove all things, to hold fast to that which is good, and to not be ignorant of Satan's many devises out there that are meant to get believers to abandon the word of God. As far as me giving you a "logical" explanation for my beliefs, I don't have to prove myself to the unrighteous.

Let's read that one again:

As far as me giving you a "logical" explanation for my beliefs, I don't have to prove myself to the unrighteous.

After all that talk about all the research you did and all the fact-finding in which you partook, you refuse to provide a single scrap of your findings to validate your conclusions? You might be quite a hit at science conventions. And if you think that condescending little catchphrase (the underlined section in particular) is the least bit impressive or inspiring, you are sorely mistaken. It's actually highly indicative of incompetence, given the ease with which facts can be shared and demonstrated. Your aversion to such clearly exemplifies the speculative nature of your so-called "truth".

I will not waste my time trying to justify my beliefs to the same swine that will attempt to overtake the holy city of God when the time comes.

If and when that time comes, I assure you I will have no interest in taking the king's castle. What need have I for such things? What need have I to bring down a tyrant who will inevitably fall in his own time? I will tend to the remainder of my mortal life as I see fit. Such plans do not include conquest or subjugation.

And...did you call me swine? Such language does not befit a brother of Christ. What would he say, to witness you calling out a fellow man in such a fashion? Does he not say to love your neighbor as thyself? Or perhaps he said to insult those who dare to question your beliefs, for they are temptations sent by Satan himself to test the mettle of your faith. Either way, your rude address is highly unfitting of someone with such pious convictions. I advise you reflect upon your approach in these matters.

Even with God sitting right in front of their face, they will still reject the creator of the universe.

Until he gives me adequate reason to accept him.

I only dialogue with those with eyes to see and ears to hear, so you sir, might as well just move on and pester someone else.

In other words, you only converse with those who agree with you. Wow, you must be absolutely enthralling at dinner parties.

edit on 12-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackManINC

When it comes down to it, there are only two world views in this world regarding life, and that is evolution, which is of the world, and creation, which is Biblical Christianity. After loking at the two world views, I have found that it takes far more faith to believe that there isnt a God than it does to believe in one, as evidence of a designer is in the natural world around us. You are talking to the wrong person if you think I arrived at my belief in God through "faith" or "experience". I came to my conclusions through research, because thats exactly what I am first and foremost, a researcher, as the Bible calls on us to be. The book tells us to prove all things, to hold fast to that which is good, and to not be ignorant of Satan's many devises out there that are meant to get believers to abandon the word of God. As far as me giving you a "logical" explanation for my beliefs, I don't have to prove myself to the unrighteous.

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you. - Matthew 7:6

I will not waste my time trying to justify my beliefs to the same swine that will attempt to overtake the holy city of God when the time comes. Even with God sitting right in front of their face, they will still reject the creator of the universe. I only dialogue with those with eyes to see and ears to hear, so you sir, might as well just move on and pester someone else.

World views? Who is the swine you try to justify yourself to and why would you unless you had (similar language patterns and an innate understanding of). Creationism is not true, there are people on this planet that do not have the mitochondral eve marker in their DNA. Darwinism is not true, (for the same reason) NO INBREEDING! of ANY SPECIE! to get to the humanform. You will SIMPLY have to justify a third reason (and why not can there not be a THIRD possibily) . What would that be; for SOME of the human RACE TO EXIST WITHOUT INBREEDING AT ALL? (if so do not exist even if speaking/typing to you NOW; gods plan Im sure; and you would be the last to know as are 6 billion others; Petulant One.
(I wouldnt bother looking at your posts except you singled me out as one of your favorite pEEps).
edit on 12-8-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

World views? Who is the swine you try to justify yourself to and why would you unless you had (similar language patterns and an innate understanding of). Creationism is not true, there are people on this planet that do not have the mitochondral eve marker in their DNA. Darwinism is not true, (for the same reason) NO INBREEDING! of ANY SPECIE! to get to the humanform. You will SIMPLY have to justify a third reason (and why not can there not be a THIRD possibily) . What would that be; for SOME of the human RACE TO EXIST WITHOUT INBREEDING AT ALL? (if so do not exist even if speaking/typing to you NOW; gods plan Im sure; and you would be the last to know as are 6 billion others; Petulant One.
(I wouldnt bother looking at your posts except you singled me out as one of your favorite pEEps).
edit on 12-8-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

So you are using one liners to explain away complex scientific observations? That isnt going to convince anyone. The mitochondral eve marker isnt recognizable in most of the populace except a few groups due to the mutational substitutions that have occurred within mtDNA, and recent studies have shown our genes actually mutate at a much higher rate than the evolutionists proposed, about 20 times higher to be exact. They found that the mitochondrial Eve actually could have possibly only lived about 6500 years ago at most, which is in line with the Biblical account of creation. The burden of proof is on you to show me convincing evidence contrary to creation. Making up your own absurd assumptions of a third possibility (of which you didn't explain in any convincing detail at all) because of your lack of understanding of this specific issue which you brung up from out of nowhere in the first place isnt going to cut it.
edit on 12-8-2013 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2013 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

veteranhumanbeing

blackmanincorporated
The mitochondral eve marker isnt recognizable in most of the populace except a few groups due to the mutational substitutions that have occurred within mtDNA, and recent studies have shown our genes actually mutate at a much higher rate than the evolutionists proposed, about 20 times higher to be exact. They found that the mitochondrial Eve actually could have possibly only lived about 6500 years ago at most, which is in line with the Biblical account of creation. The burden of proof is on you to show me convincing evidence contrary to creation. Making up your own absurd assumptions of a third possibility (of which you didn't explain in any convincing detail at all) because of your lack of understanding of this specific issue which you brung up from out of nowhere in the first place isnt going to cut it.

Im not talking about genes (or the genetic mutations of) Im talking about perfect DNA strand markers, PERFECT NO MODIFICATION OF FORM. The blueprint not the fouling of by chance of defect. So, Eva lived in your opinion, and the Adama impregnated her; and with these two humans created the human race as it exists now without ANY INBREEDING, not only sons with daughters? Was there another human sourse to breed with outside this seemingly VERY CLOSE KNIT FAMILY? This family would have died in its fifth generation due to inbreeding, albinoism, skull malformations (eye sockets too close together elongated nasal extremity) blood abnormalities, bone weakness (arthritic). Have you not read any history regarding brothers and sisters marrying? or first cousins? You are telling me Adam and Eve physically (not as a metaphor) created the human race? NOT BELIEVEABLE, we would not exist other than a race of malformed blind idiots devolved; at best a food sourse for the stronger beings on the planets, the furry clawed preditors. You have never been studied by the University of Arizona Genetics and Anthropology Depts...why? you had a DNA marker for inbreeding. I DID NOT as AM AN ANOMOLY (not sure I understand you regarding one-liners) as I have at least 12 here; one long paragraph 500 words or less....essay question answered.
edit on 13-8-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

veteranhumanbeing

blackmanincorporated
The mitochondral eve marker isnt recognizable in most of the populace except a few groups due to the mutational substitutions that have occurred within mtDNA, and recent studies have shown our genes actually mutate at a much higher rate than the evolutionists proposed, about 20 times higher to be exact. They found that the mitochondrial Eve actually could have possibly only lived about 6500 years ago at most, which is in line with the Biblical account of creation. The burden of proof is on you to show me convincing evidence contrary to creation. Making up your own absurd assumptions of a third possibility (of which you didn't explain in any convincing detail at all) because of your lack of understanding of this specific issue which you brung up from out of nowhere in the first place isnt going to cut it.

Im not talking about genes (or the genetic mutations of) Im talking about perfect DNA strand markers, PERFECT NO MODIFICATION OF FORM. The blueprint not the fouling of by chance of defect. So, Eva lived in your opinion, and the Adama impregnated her; and with these two humans created the human race as it exists now without ANY INBREEDING, not only sons with daughters? Was there another human sourse to breed with outside this seemingly VERY CLOSE KNIT FAMILY? This family would have died in its fifth generation due to inbreeding, albinoism, skull malformations (eye sockets too close together elongated nasal extremity) blood abnormalities, bone weakness (arthritic). Have you not read any history regarding brothers and sisters marrying? or first cousins? You are telling me Adam and Eve physically (not as a metaphor) created the human race? NOT BELIEVEABLE, we would not exist other than a race of malformed blind idiots devolved; at best a food sourse for the stronger beings on the planets, the furry clawed preditors. You have never been studied by the University of Arizona Genetics and Anthropology Depts...why? you had a DNA marker for inbreeding. I DID NOT as AM AN ANOMOLY (not sure I understand you regarding one-liners) as I have at least 12 here; one long paragraph 500 words or less....essay question answered.
edit on 13-8-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

This is the response I was expected as it’s the same old and tired excuse that all non-believers fall back on, which is inbreeding causing deformities. We are all related to a degree genetically to start with. If your spouse wasn’t related to you, then you have a serious problem as it means you are not married to a human. The biological problems resulting from inbreeding that were later strictly prohibited in the days of Moses concerns close relatives, which is where the defects arrive, the closer the relation, the bigger the risk of deformities overtime. In the early days, however, children born from the union of siblings would not have defects as would surely happen today as Adam and Eve were physically perfect in every way to being with. It was only after the fall of man, when sin entered the world and God placing a curse upon it that everything started to degenerate, and it would take hundreds of years (not a mere fifty years as you propose) for the mistakes of accumulate to a degree that would be a significant risk for siblings to marry. We all have hundreds of these genetic mistakes as a result today, they just don't show themselves in the form of deformities because of our substantially different genetic backgrounds.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join