It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't God just show himself to us?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Tip of the ice berg, man. Come on, I know there's more where that came from.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
God is always seen..just have to be observant

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by danielsil18
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I know the whole story, that doesn't answer any questions.

You may think you know the story but the answers are in there. Apply hermeneutics, and you'll find some of the answers. Learn to read between the lines, and you'll find the rest. Your questions are not being answered because you don't know how to look.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

1st

2nd
edit on 2-7-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by danielsil18

Because he is a fictional character, who has helped to cause far more trouble in the world than good.

.... You've more chance of Superman or Captain America coming to rescue us in these troubled times.

( P.s. both posts are vacant, if anyone feels up to the job, downside is you are " On call " 24/7.
Superheroes inc. are an equal opportunities employer. )

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by filledcup

filled, your reply has so much wrong I don't know where to start. Most of it is wrong from saying that Evolution doesn't explain how life started to how to calling it a hypothesis.

and all this from just a very brief summary, a very short video.

But what's ironic is that you don't do this same line of thinking to the God you believe in.

It takes a brain already being brainwashed to bash Evolution and still have faith in an imaginery being.

You tried really hard to discredit that short video but you won't do that same with your belief in God.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula

Originally posted by Miracula
Did your father ever tell you to do chores or obey while he was away?

Did you do what you were told even though he wasn't there physically?

Same thing.

The huge difference is that my father told me face to face to do the chores while he was away.

See, I know for a fact my father exists, told me to do the chores, and I'm sure he is coming back.

Some valid points there.

I guess my next thought would be what is your motivation for asking for proof of God.

Lost a friend or loved one and need to know that spiritually they are still alive. etc, Or some other concern.

The more questions I ask about Christianism, the more I know about religion. Thanks to the answers of Christians of course. Without them I wouldn't have the motivation to ask.

I'm not saying an afterlife doesn't exist. But if there is an afterlife, I'm sure it won't be what the Bible says.
edit on 2-7-2013 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

How can you be sure?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

filled, your reply has so much wrong I don't know where to start. Most of it is wrong from saying that Evolution doesn't explain how life started to how to calling it a hypothesis.

and all this from just a very brief summary, a very short video.

But what's ironic is that you don't do this same line of thinking to the God you believe in.

It takes a brain already being brainwashed to bash Evolution and still have faith in an imaginery being.

You tried really hard to discredit that short video but you won't do that same with your belief in God.

i quoted the video.. the video said it.. are u still overlooking that?

and you're wrong.. i test myself harder than i test anyone else.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Filled, it's not about overlooking the video, it's that you have no idea what you are talking about. To think that Evolution needs to have the answer to why we are here is not the smartest thing to say.

But why would you choose faith ahead of scientific evidence.

Let's test your belief about God.

What's the proof that made you believe God is real?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

So my question arises, why can't God just make us know, not believe or have faith, but know he is real?

Okee dokee, for the purpose of this comment, let's begin by assuming that God is indeed real.

Now then, here we have a deity; God, and He/She designed, engineered and constructed the universe as well as our little solar system and itsey-bitsey planet. Next, He/She made humans... either from scratch or by adjusting the DNA in some other less advanced model.

Over the millennia, our species has not really done too well. Right off the bat we snacked from the old Tree of Life, which was off limits. UGH! We got booted from the Garden and from that point, we had to bust our buns out here in the world growing food, dodging predators, dealing with too much salt and sugar and MSG in the market, too much pink slime in fast food burgers, traffic jams, taxes, bad government and TV reruns.

Thank you Ms. Eve and Mr. Adam... you sure as hell messed this up for the rest of us!

So, here we are now in the 21st century and we have the audacity to look to the sky and tell God to get hisself down here so we can believe in Him/Her.

Yeah, well... my guess is that the Almighty figures that our adolescent race needs to pick itself up by the bootstraps because mistakes are often the best tools of learning. Besides that, if we don't want to believe in God... maybe God will believe less in us and we can just nuke ourselves into oblivion or sell our souls to some one world government, get properly fitted with wires and chips and become good little robots.

Maybe that's why it is based on a leap of faith?

To be honest, I have far more faith in God than I do my own species.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Filled, it's not about overlooking the video, it's that you have no idea what you are talking about. To think that Evolution needs to have the answer to why we are here is not the smartest thing to say.

But why would you choose faith ahead of scientific evidence.

Let's test your belief about God.

What's the proof that made you believe God is real?

my friend you are so far behind i am going to have to pamper you greatly to answer that question on God. First off, u probably and most likely wont believe me, then when you try to believe me you'll think to fear me, before u calm down and accept that i am well human. the truth is.. i have cracked all code, and discovered the soul! this is a serious announcement i know.. but nice to meet you anyway!

and YES.. the THEORY of evolution MUST have the answer to how it all starts to be considered a fact! there is no other way, hence it is a theory. do not limit the thinking of humans, because one day we will become so intelligent we will look back at great minds as being as intelligent as a caveman learning to use a rock to open a coconut. believe me, the first caveman to discover that was a genius.. maybe even a god among his peers lol

if u really want to test my belief about God which is actually far more than a belief as i have done the unbelievable, is to review all my comments thus far on ats and the threads. u will see reason beyond doubt! i know it's further unbelievable that there are actually ppl on earth who figure this stuff out. but basically.. you all dont listen to them, so that's not my fault. there is a way to find God and discover the human soul.. in a scientifically practical way. to replicate the same result via the same process using the scientific method. but with your head buried in the shool system for all your education u wont have much chance discovering the hidden realms of this world.

u are ignoring what nature is.. it is intelligent. an intelligent observer. the environment is alive but scientists seem the assume that it is a dead inanimate autonomous object. but ask them to define 'nature' and they will run from you and talk u in cricles and never answer the question. i know numerous areas in which science leads to a dead end and circles upon itself to confuse the questioner. so those who are trying to cheat God's system are using their human intelligence of human things which they are able to cheat because those things(computers/robots) were pre-programmed and do not evolve on their own. but when you're trying to cheat an intelligent and conscious system, especially one LARGELY of greater intelligence than your own.. well.. you're going to have a problem.
edit on 2-7-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I will have to take some responsibility for this. had i obeyed my spirit on sunday we probably woudnt be having the same discussion.. perhaps i should make a thread as i was supposed to, to cover God's method of creation. so the reason for ur current confusion i must say is partly my fault.

u see, because i actually know the equation and how it creates existence.. i dont reach any deadends before the core.. i can trace straight back to the core and my formula never changes.. it is the universal equation. because it is.. universal.. to all things in existence.

i will make the thread, but remember it is late in timing. i also, altho i already know what to type to the fullest, will seek prayer before starting to write. which i cant do now because im at work. maybe later.. but this week.. maybe by friday!

I will provide to you all the story of creation and how evolution works within it, together with it.. and does not deny the original creator, Creator of the first of our Kind.. whom i address when i pray!

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by filledcup

u see, because i actually know the equation and how it creates existence.. i dont reach any deadends before the core.. i can trace straight back to the core and my formula never changes.. it is the universal equation. because it is.. universal.. to all things in existence.

i have cracked all code, and discovered the soul!

Make a thread with your "formula", "equation" and "codes". Can't wait to read it.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by filledcup

i have cracked all code, and discovered the soul!

Make a thread with your "formula", "equation" and "codes". Can't wait to read it.

LOL the formula equation and codes still will not explain much to u.. Try to get ur hands on a copy of the lesser keys of Solomon and see if you can decipher what he is trying to say..

anyway, take what i tell u seriously, study it diligently, because i mean what i say! expect the thread as i have promised.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

But why did he put that tree in the only place they could reach it? He could have put it anywhere.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by redoubt

But why did he put that tree in the only place they could reach it? He could have put it anywhere.

lols..

parent is leaving teenage kid home for the first time..

"do not throw any parties, and do not go anywhere with the car. the keys for the car are over here and there are drinks in the freezer."

parent then leaves for a weekend trip out of state/country..

hmmmmmmmmmmmm LOL

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Exactly! "God", in the story, could have done anything with that tree. He could have put it on the friggin' moon! He's "God"! But instead, he put it in the one place necessary for them to do the one thing they weren't supposed to.

"I put this tree in the garden, the same garden you get all your food and supplies from, but I don't want you to touch it. Oh, and my nemesis got into the garden somehow when I wasn't looking, so keep an eye out, okay?"

For an all-powerful god, he made some pretty stupid mistakes. Especially when he knew what to expect.
edit on 2-7-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Exactly! "God", in the story, could have done anything with that tree. He could have put it on the friggin' moon! He's "God"! But instead, he put it in the one place necessary for them to do the one thing they weren't supposed to.

"I put this tree in the garden, the same garden you get all your food and supplies from, but I don't want you to touch it. Oh, and my nemesis got into the garden somehow when I wasn't looking, so keep an eye out, okay?"

For an all-powerful god, he made some pretty stupid mistakes. Especially when he knew what to expect.
edit on 2-7-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

well look at it this way.. he did it intentionally fully well knowing they would disobey him, fall, and then learn how to earn their way back up to the level of light of his Kingdom. most probably sent the snake charged with the task of persuading them, commanded lucifer to disobey and take some faithful angels with him who will act as testers for man on earth. to be man's enemy, where he is commanded simply "resist temptation, but love thy enemy". which also might explain why God does not simply Obliterate Lucifer and Evil altogether. he has a job to do, but God has assigned him his job in the other end of the spectrum. so we might have actually failed the test if we didnt eat the fruit but he knew we would. that omnipotence thing.. lol

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join