It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't God just show himself to us?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by danielsil18
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

OMG, don't make me start on this guy. I'll leave this alone. Dawkins has already been blasted and re-blasted again and again. Don't make me post videos on him. But like i said, I'll leave this alone. You go ahead and keep believing all those man made teachings, lol.

I understand you don't like him because he attacks your religion, but don't shoot the messenger.

The video shows what evolution says.

It's like a rapist holding a Bible and me saying "omg i wont read that bible because a rapist made it". It's completely illogical.

Plus what Richard Dawkins teach is science, something you can learn from any other Biologists. So go watch the video if you want to know the answer to your question.

I don't care what he says about the Bible, that's on him. But in case you didn't know, he does believe in a Supreme being. I'm sure you seen this, but I like watching how he reacts to these questions.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Those methods were created by man, so I guess I have to trust them. For thousands of years man has been telling us that God exist. So how come that can't enforce confidence that is most likely true?

You are making a grave mistake by comparing religion and science.

In science, yes it was discovered by men. But if you wanted to see if it's real you could by studying and seeing for yourself if the dating methods are false.

All the dating methods were discovered by scientists and were evaluated to know if it works. You guys have very little knowledge how science works. It's nothing like religion.

It's not about giving confidence or believing in science, it's about studying and knowing it.

I could do all those things you said, but I would still be using man's methods, in other words I have to study the answers which were created by man. You see, in order for me learn these methods I have to first study the methods which were created by men. How do I know for a fact that what they have written down is the right answer?

Anyway, I'm done with this now.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I watched the video

First, Dawkins doesn't believe in a creator. He gives the possibility that a creator could have created our DNA, etc.

See, if you study biology and know about our DNA, cells, etc. You'll see that it's awesomely made that there could have been an intervention, a creation, or something that made it work the way it works. We have all this proteins in our body that make us who we are and are constantly working and almost "alive". They "know" where to go, when, how and of course, it's not perfect but very awesome. If your body needs a protein it uses another protein to create a "code" by copying it from your DNA and then that "code" goes to another protein to create the protein needed with that "code" and so on.

That's what Dawkins meant. That a "higher being" could may have intervened in some way.
edit on 1-7-2013 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by danielsil18

Daniel,

You want Him to show himself so that that bit of doubt you carry can be gone. Open your heart to Him, trust and believe. Do not fear that your imagination will be the thing tricking you. There will be "those" that would want you to believe it is just your imagination. But that is where you fight back and be courages.

He is there, you go and ask Him to lead you. It doesn't happen overnight, but you will know when your spirit is renewed and steadfast in Him. It is a feeling I cannot explain, but you will know when you're there.

Don't give up on hope. Keep on seeking as you are doing now. You started this OP cause you are seeking reasons to lessen doubt. We all doubt at times, no matter how strong we stand in His name. All of us doubt. Again, don't give up on hope

All the best.

*and even if you don't wish it, I will pray that you will find Him.
edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: Added

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

You started this OP cause you are seeking just one reason to lessen doubt.

Actually I started this to learn more about the answers Christians would give me.

I also don't mind if you pray for me

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I appreciate your honesty

You are handling your thread with decent manners towards Christians, which is not very common around here
Well, you get bad attitudes from both sides. Why I usually stay away from religious topics. Believers and non-believers can tear into each other at times.

Respect!
edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I don't think you understand what he's asking. He's not looking for a cop-out, he's looking for an actual answer.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I want to ask everyone why wouldn't God just show himself to us and make us all know he exists.

How exactly do you envision God should reveal himself to the world?

(I have not had the opportunity to read the entire thread, so I am unaware if you have answered this question.)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by filledcup

An inability to circumvent such possibilities implies that he is not in fact omnipotent.

No it means IT AS IT WILLS can or will not do so, it has the ability to intervene and choses not to in the case of the human, ask me why?
edit on 1-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Asking this question without reading the book that explains it.... is like my asking my wife how to cook a pie when the recipe book is in front of me and I have the ability to read it.

In this day and age, with all the information freely available, I find it astounding that we seem to have become dumber than we were in 1970.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

reply to post by filledcup

Here is a very short, fun video about evolution:

ok, ill start with this one. the problem for you here is:

1. you've looked at this youtube presentation for schooling. schooling, is to have someone else train their line of thought on you if u so accepted it. and you have accepted.

now in you very own chosen video, it is forced to begin with an 'admittance of guilt' - "The theory of evolution doesnt really explain how life began on earth!". then the section on cell replication and dna family traits which comes after is observed scientific facts! the video then has to perform a 2nd admittance of guilt that it doesnt know how all this started, before going on to the next part, and from there, everything else is based in supposition. the host of the presentation continually uses words like "seems to be" and "appears to be" etc. and you seem to digest all of this to regurgitate it in a discussion later on.

you have been schooled.

if you look at that video for what it is.. it's just a 'Hypothesis". because they dont know what the start was like for it to manifest this particular variation and order!. meaning even in their workings backwards down the train they come to a deadend before the core! and you rely on this and trust it as tho it is fact. but the video and the presentation disproves itself. and that is why it is considered "The THEORY of evolution". because u got the answers right in exam class doesnt mean it is fact son.

what they can replicate in a lab is cell replication and dna code transplanting. but all of that is no concrete evidence for how it actually starts and they admit this! it's a good hypothesis yes, it may seem to make sense to some people. but it is still 'Unproven!' with all science knows!

-----------

2.i ponder if i should even go on. but shall i expose them further. you have taken to smooth and convincing talk in the confidence the presenter portrays in his presentation.

the presenter 'loosely' uses the words "random" in his research of 'the facts' as he presents them. but what is random? random is not scientific!!? random is not logical!? random does not exist because everything can be explained with a logical formula! so there is no "true random" according to science. furthermore, as the evasion of being pressed begins darwin hands off his escapist theory of 'natural selection'. but what is natural selection? let us see if wikipedia can be of any help:

en.wikipedia.org...

Natural selection is the gradual natural process by which biological traits become either more or less common in a population as a function of the effect of inherited traits on the differential reproductive success of organisms interacting with their environment.

so wait.. i ask you about a word and u define it for me in it's own context? "natural selection is a natural process".. wtf? ok well let's go see what natural means then, that should clear things up..

nat·u·ral
/ˈnaCHərəl/
Adjective
Existing in or caused by nature; not made or caused by humankind.

and here's more from webster:

www.merriam-webster.com...

Definition of NATURAL
: based on an inherent sense of right and wrong
a : being in accordance with or determined by nature
b : having or constituting a classification based on features existing in nature

seriously? did you research this. what this is is the trap. you will be spun into a circular argument with this theory until the actual origin is discovered one way or another. darwin effectively palms off the unexplained unto the unexplained and everyone goes with it. do you see how you have been schooled into believing a theory as an undeniable fact? someone might come up with a better idea in the future. and that theory will replace his.. just like pluto is no longer a planet. understand the difference between 'education' and 'fact'.

all this you have overlooked to present to us as a convincing arguement to deny believing in theories. and the very science you bellieve in is founded on theories. theories are things that are still open to be solved by great minds
for that you need imagination. logic cant even explain that and that's why we rejected it. because it's 'illogical'. LOL

also.. do not take this to your college professor. he may become angry with you for all the days of your life if you do.. lol!

edit on 1-7-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Then stop looking for god outside and try to find him inside, the closer you are to god in your own nature the more you will see him and his absence in the cruelty of people in this world.
Since you are looking to see the answers Christians give then go to Christ and what he said on the cross, "My god, My god why hast though forsaken me".
In Christianity God works best through good people and remember when you have built a precarious house of cards do you then grab the one in the middle because there is something wrong with it knowing that doing so will bring the whole house down, the universe is not perfect but has to run it's course and we are part of the universe to fix it would also destroy it and then it would be a different universe and we would not exist, the fruit will be plucked so to speak but only when it is ripe.
I believe in god but do I believe he is perfect, no, do I still have faith in him, most of the time, do I get annoyed with him even though I know I am not perfect, yes but then I remember that little fact, may there be a greater plan that is so far above our amoeba like mono linear consciousness and may that mean god is perfect, well YES, so do I have argument's between my opposing sides on these matters, quite a lot, do I believe there is a devil, yes and he is our enemy.

I would like to scrap religion but I need God and tried to be an atheist but hell it is so damn depressing plus on a Boolean algebraic note, if you are not then you are not a not so you must be not and if you are a not not then you must be so go figure, the universe is, I am, you are, therefore I am is real.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I know what he is asking. I have answered to the best of my knowledge and stated that none of my answers would satisfy him. I conceded because I cannot answer for Him. None of my explanations is acceptable, unfortunately.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClevererRunbeening

Do you know what it is, that you want to manifest itself?

Can't an all powerful God manifest himself in a way that proves his existence?

Last count over 6.3 billion individual souls.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by f4cgv2

very nice calculations. did you come up with that yourself? what you speak is good.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Dear danielsl18,

One of the arguments Christians make is that God wanted us to have free will. He wanted us to have the choice to follow or rebel. But the story of Lucifer says that he and other angels rebelled...but they knew God existed. So why would it be any different with us? So my question arises, why can't God just make us know, not believe or have faith, but know he is real?

Three stories and my explanation. When the Israelites left Egypt they had God in their midst and they asked Moses to talk to him and then tell him what he said. When Jesus came they killed him because he called them on their legalism. Revelations says that Jesus will rule this earth for a 1,000 years after locking up Satan and at the end of that 1,000 years a portion of the people will revolt.

Lets say that you died tomorrow and had an NDE and spoke to God, how would it change your life? The Jews in the day of Moses didn't want to change their ways, they wanted goodies. This life is about choosing who you are and that includes choosing why you help others or do the right thing. The Jews became experts and meeting the law; but, their hearts got harder. I actually see many Christians as being just as legalistic today.

Jesus said to love God with all your heart and your neighbor as yourself. Maybe if one starts by loving their neighbor as themselves, they will begin to know God. The bible says that many will come to him calling his name and he will say he never knew them. They asked him how could they have known him and he says that everytime they saw someone in need, they saw him.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula
Did your father ever tell you to do chores or obey while he was away?

Did you do what you were told even though he wasn't there physically?

Same thing.

The huge difference is that my father told me face to face to do the chores while he was away.

See, I know for a fact my father exists, told me to do the chores, and I'm sure he is coming back.

Some valid points there.

I guess my next thought would be what is your motivation for asking for proof of God.

Lost a friend or loved one and need to know that spiritually they are still alive. etc, Or some other concern.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Yes, if only God would have come in the flesh and revealed himself to mankind. I would imagine that humans would celebrate his birthday or supposed one to this very day. If only he would have given us his written word so that we would know how we got here, and how we are supposed to live. It would probably be the best selling, most printed, most translated book of all time. If we only had a voice inside of us telling us right from wrong, proving that our creator instilled us with morals... But nope, no such voice.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

A very honest answer. I appreciate that.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I want to ask everyone why wouldn't God just show himself to us and make us all know he exists.

Christians can't say they know God, they can only say they believe in him and they have faith. But why can't God come and show himself to us, tell us that he is real and that he wants everyone to follow his rules. After that we would all know he is real and start following him. Why would he just leave us a book written by men?

One of the arguments Christians make is that God wanted us to have free will. He wanted us to have the choice to follow or rebel. But the story of Lucifer says that he and other angels rebelled...but they knew God existed. So why would it be any different with us?

So my question arises, why can't God just make us know, not believe or have faith, but know he is real?

Many reasons I assume.
One, because he gave you a brain, and he wants you to use it. Why make it easy on the entirety of the human race? We're all "intelligent" here, let's try acting like it and using common sense.

Two, he has revealed himself to people before, in the form of a man, and he was crucified for it. But his legacy and lessons live on, nearly 2000 years later.

Three, it would be different for us because we have seen the effects of sin, and live in it daily. Satan craved rebellion because he wanted to be God himself.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join