It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why can't God just show himself to us?

page: 11
5
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by danielsil18

Originally posted by filledcup

Originally posted by danielsil18

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
Look at a rainbow...a newborn baby...a hummingbird hovering. The list goes on. What more proof does He/She/They/It need to show you?

Can you build a bird?


rainbows, babies, hummingbirds are not proof of God's existense.

I can't build a bird, but explain, how does nature prove God?


it proves the existence of something more intelligent than us.. that CAN build birds.. from scratch.

which came first? chicken.. or the egg? lmao


In what way does it prove the existence of something more intelligent than us? Who said that birds were "built"?
edit on 1-7-2013 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)


ull have to analyze the creative aspect of any thing.. and that used by science for guidance, to see it.

A problem cannot be solved by the level of thinking which created it.

what does this mean? it means.. basically..

that anything with creative abilities, whatever level of creative abilities it possesses cannot creat something that surpasses itself.

for example:
a child can draw a picture for you in stickman figures and he'd be really really proud of his accomplishment.. but you the parent would look at it and think 'well it's no davinci'

and an adult man can create a virtual reality system, housing a virtual environment and display it on a screen. it appears to be 3d but it isnt.. since the screeen is a 2-d surface.. all 3-d u perceive is an illusion, and all the characters within the environment like the game boss etc function on an 'Artificial intelligence'. thus God could be like.. 'that's nice, but it's no 3d universe with living CONSCIOUS beings'.

u see..
God can create actual intelligence!
Man can only create Artificial Intelligence (fake) (imitation) (not as grand)

thus man cannot create a bird without having reached that level of knowledge which God had to possess to create a bird long before man even knew how to imitate bird's flight thru the air and build craft to IMITATE it. look wat we have to do.. obtain a bird and dissect it's corpse, analyse it and study it's inner working and makeup.. and when we done with all that.. we'd have to figure out how to create that thing.. 'CONSCIOUSNESS' from scratch! no premade ingredients, no 3 minutes in the microwave. no pre-kneaded dough.

u see the dilemma here? something more intelligent than man created consciousness... 'REAL Intelligence'
while it seems we can only accomplish 'Artificial Intelligence' and we do that currently by using a whole bunch of pre-existing ingredients.

Something more intelligent is here my friend. we're not the smartest creatures to ever grace this planet.

whether you choose to believe you can find the source of that intelligence through study of religious/spiritual doctrines, or be pissed off at that intelligence because it doesnt fall within the parameters you would expect and set for it, takes away none from the fact that it is there.
edit on 1-7-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)




posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by filledcup
 


I recommend you to read about evolution because you seem to think that animals don't evolve.



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Christians speak from the heart, atheists from the head...

As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things Ecc 11:5



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by danielsil18
reply to post by filledcup
 


I recommend you to read about evolution because you seem to think that animals don't evolve.


that's quite silly. im not in kindergarden. i know well of all the things science partakes of and how it functions, and in fact how it was formed, the scientific method and the formation of chemistry adnd metallurgy from the early days of alchemic studies.

u can escape to nowhere in the light with evolution either.. Evolution is aaa THEORY!!! do u understand that means it is an unproven PHILOSOPHY coming from a scientist? evolution THEORY always brings forth the question.. 'then why hasnt man evolved since the last jump in evolution'

they have speculated on history and the use of carbon dating which they themselves admit is not grounded in fact.. but they have 'come to a consensus' that that is the explanation that will be used in science until the real truth is proven as am undeniable fact.

you rely on science, much of what it depends on to survive and flourish is just as pie in the sky as the concept of GOD.

My Friend i tell u.. believe in God.. JUST IN CASE.. he's real.. lol. wouldnt that be the smartest move?

without him let me remind you.. and as an atheist.. you shall have no constitutional rights in any country since your rights are governed by God. do you see what is going on?? as ppl lose their faith in God they lose their rights.. IT'S SIMPLE! so whether you like it or not.. the reason that you have ANY INALIENABLE RIGHTS WHATSOEVER, is because of God. give him up.. and ull have nothing!
edit on 1-7-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by filledcup
 



My Friend i tell u.. believe in God.. JUST IN CASE.. he's real.. lol. wouldnt that be the smartest move?


Be on the look out for unicorns and ufracks, my good fellow. Just in case they are real. Oh, and you might want to keep a spray bottle of alligator urine on you at all times. You never know where the ufracks may be hiding, and while they are reputedly of a rather docile temperament, some of them are quite hostile, I hear. A good squeeze of alligator urine should be enough to hold them at bay! They detest the stuff.



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by filledcup


ull have to analyze the creative aspect of any thing.. and that used by science for guidance, to see it.

A problem cannot be solved by the level of thinking which created it.

what does this mean? it means.. basically..

that anything with creative abilities, whatever level of creative abilities it possesses cannot creat something that surpasses itself.

for example:
a child can draw a picture for you in stickman figures and he'd be really really proud of his accomplishment.. but you the parent would look at it and think 'well it's no davinci'

and an adult man can create a virtual reality system, housing a virtual environment and display it on a screen. it appears to be 3d but it isnt.. since the screeen is a 2-d surface.. all 3-d u perceive is an illusion, and all the characters within the environment like the game boss etc function on an 'Artificial intelligence'. thus God could be like.. 'that's nice, but it's no 3d universe with living CONSCIOUS beings'.

u see..
God can create actual intelligence!
Man can only create Artificial Intelligence (fake) (imitation) (not as grand)

thus man cannot create a bird without having reached that level of knowledge which God had to possess to create a bird long before man even knew how to imitate bird's flight thru the air and build craft to IMITATE it. look wat we have to do.. obtain a bird and dissect it's corpse, analyse it and study it's inner working and makeup.. and when we done with all that.. we'd have to figure out how to create that thing.. 'CONSCIOUSNESS' from scratch! no premade ingredients, no 3 minutes in the microwave. no pre-kneaded dough.

u see the dilemma here? something more intelligent than man created consciousness... 'REAL Intelligence'
while it seems we can only accomplish 'Artificial Intelligence' and we do that currently by using a whole bunch of pre-existing ingredients.

Something more intelligent is here my friend. we're not the smartest creatures to ever grace this planet.

whether you choose to believe you can find the source of that intelligence through study of religious/spiritual doctrines, or be pissed off at that intelligence because it doesnt fall within the parameters you would expect and set for it, takes away none from the fact that it is there.
edit on 1-7-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)


All I can is WOW. That is the best break down I've ever read. Very nice post



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by filledcup
 


You don't understand evolution. Calling it an unproven "philosophy" is not a good way in trying to disprove evolution.

Evolution is a scientific theory just like the theory of gravity. I still recommend you to learn about evolution. It's not as hard as you might think.
edit on 1-7-2013 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by danielsil18
 


Because nature was something created. And something or someone created it. And Im supposing it wasnt either you or I...or your neighbor.

Try as I might...I cannot take some dirt, twigs and a cup of fluid...mold it into a likeness of a bird...blow on it...and have it fly away alive. How about you????

edit on 05/05/13 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)


And a an afterthought...If one requires proof of a "GOD"...then no amount of proof...would ever be enough.
edit on 05/05/13 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger
 



Because nature was something created. And something or someone created it. And Im supposing it wasnt either you or I...or your neighbor.


How do you know this world isn't a phenomenon in a vast web of phenomena in an infinite series of phenomena? Perhaps this universe is just a particularly sluggish failure that has yet to culminate!
edit on 1-7-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by danielsil18
reply to post by filledcup
 


You don't understand evolution. Calling it an unproven "philosophy" is not a good way in trying to disprove evolution.

Evolution is a scientific theory just like the theory of gravity. I still recommend you to learn about evolution. It's not as hard as you might think.
edit on 1-7-2013 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)


ur being much too silly.
edit on 1-7-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
reply to post by danielsil18
 


Because nature was something created. And something or someone created it. And Im supposing it wasnt either you or I...or your neighbor.

Try as I might...I cannot take some dirt, twigs and a cup of fluid...mold it into a likeness of a bird...blow on it...and have it fly away alive. How about you????

edit on 05/05/13 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)


You also seem to think birds never evolved.

I also recommend you to learn about evolution. Birds weren't just "built" just like they are now.



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by filledcup

Originally posted by danielsil18
reply to post by filledcup
 


You don't understand evolution. Calling it an unproven "philosophy" is not a good way in trying to disprove evolution.

Evolution is a scientific theory just like the theory of gravity. I still recommend you to learn about evolution. It's not as hard as you might think.
edit on 1-7-2013 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)


ur being much to silly.


If I show you a simple, very simple short video about evolution, would you watch it?



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by filledcup
 


Here is a very short, fun video about evolution:


edit on 1-7-2013 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by danielsil18

Originally posted by filledcup

Originally posted by danielsil18
reply to post by filledcup
 


You don't understand evolution. Calling it an unproven "philosophy" is not a good way in trying to disprove evolution.

Evolution is a scientific theory just like the theory of gravity. I still recommend you to learn about evolution. It's not as hard as you might think.
edit on 1-7-2013 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)


ur being much to silly.


If I show you a simple, very simple short video about evolution, would you watch it?


sure i will, if you'll also study what i will present after on the carbon dating process and it's flaws as well as the scientific community now seeking to abandon evolution as a teachable THEORY. furthermore i will show you where it is.. A THEORY and not a fact as many ppl believe. there are many theories that operate in science that ppl assume to be facts, but their not, and are lodged under the category scientific theory by science itself.

this is to understand the difference between education and intelligence.

one is getting schooled.. the other is learning how to school yourself.



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by danielsil18
reply to post by filledcup
 




Evolution is a scientific theory just like the theory of gravity. I still recommend you to learn about evolution. It's not as hard as you might think.
edit on 1-7-2013 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)


I don't buy it. After all those theories were written by men right? I guess we should just take their word for it. But wouldn't that be blind faith?



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Originally posted by danielsil18
reply to post by filledcup
 




Evolution is a scientific theory just like the theory of gravity. I still recommend you to learn about evolution. It's not as hard as you might think.
edit on 1-7-2013 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)


I don't buy it. After all those theories were written by men right? I guess we should just take their word for it. But wouldn't that be blind faith?



I put a small video in a reply about evolution, watch it because evolution in not something out of this world.

It's not blind faith because it can be proven and recreated by science.
edit on 1-7-2013 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
God/Nature has shown her/himself since the beginning of its creation of time, if you choose to see instead of look, experience instead of thinking, you will understand that you are a piece of it.



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by filledcup
 


I think you only know about the carbon dating flaws from creationist websites, but you should also know that we assume the age of the Earth to be about 4.6 billion years from Radiocarbon dating, Potassium-Argon dating, and Uranium-Lead dating.



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaSynthesis
God/Nature has shown her/himself since the beginning of its creation of time, if you choose to see instead of look, experience instead of thinking, you will understand that you are a piece of it.


I do agree that we, humans, are part of nature. But only through evolution.



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by danielsil18

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Originally posted by danielsil18
reply to post by filledcup
 




Evolution is a scientific theory just like the theory of gravity. I still recommend you to learn about evolution. It's not as hard as you might think.
edit on 1-7-2013 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)


I don't buy it. After all those theories were written by men right? I guess we should just take their word for it. But wouldn't that be blind faith?



I put a small video in a reply about evolution, watch it because evolution in not something out of this world.

It's not blind faith because it can be proven and recreated by science.
edit on 1-7-2013 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)


I was joking. I know what evolution is. But explain this. What creature did monkeys sleep with in order to produce man? That one always makes my head hurt.



new topics

top topics



 
5
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

log in

join