It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hiya press tv ban question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
hi
I have viewed ats for years and recently joined to share my views.
I would like to have some views on banning Iranian tv channels.
and my main question is
DO WE HAVE A RIGHT TO REFUSE PAYING FOR A TV LICENCE BECAUSE OF HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATION ?
banning freedom of speech is a violation of our human rights.
edit on 1-7-2013 by r0nsix because: my post looked like i was introducing myself

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
No they shouldn't be able to ban them. The reason why this was done is simply for control of information. As Hillary said we are losing the propaganda war and moves like this show it is true. You can't get the people to go along with a useless war built on lies when the other side exposes those lies on tv so everyone can see. People in America has forgotten that Freedom of Speech is there to protect unpopular speech and opposing views.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I agree with you.
would it be a good idea to refuse to pay tv licence until they reinstated the freedom of our choice to view alternative views?
we in the uk pay licence to receive all available channels.
im sick and tired of the west attacking everyone and making excuses to do so.by having alternative media we are more informed when it comes to election day.
im white british through and through but I see my gov and western govs are now the bad guys.
iran are not a threat to the world.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

You can't get the people to go along with a useless war built on lies when the other side exposes those lies on tv so everyone can see.

Yep, that is terribly inconvenient...

Of course, the other way may be to just tell the American people...

"Look in your pockets. Pull out a dollar. See that dollar? Now, pull out a penny. See that penny? The Iranian leadership wants to make it so your dollar will be equal to one penny. So....who's on board with us going to kick some butt in Iran?"

And they'd be much better off for it....and truthful. Would have worked for Iraq and Libya too.

Not saying I agree.... Personally, I think there is too much political baggage and logistical challenge to do so right now, but just my opinion. I think we need to refrain from ticking China and Russia off, but even picking on the little ally (Syria) is just going to stir the same hornets nest.
edit on 1-7-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
yes
it seems usa are testing things with Russia and china via syria

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I have another question.
will they ban press tv etc from the internet?
if they do would we be able to cancel our broadband?
I know virminmedia already ban torrent sites

new topics

top topics

join