It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK pledges fresh support for revolutionary space engine SABRE

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

Nice.

Hurry up and getting it going so we can start the 2nd British Empire, but in space

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Thrace
Amazing! Simply amazing!!!!

Now let's get to working on Enterprise 1701-D!!!!

Somebody is already on it, kind of......more of the NCC-1701/1701-A

Building the USS Enterprise

It's great to see the government supporting a space related project like this, although I can't help but feel there is a more nefarious reason behind their generosity.

That being said, it would be nice to see a made in Britain sticker finally slapped on something new again after all these years.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I am thinking this eight million ton space craft would have its own farms? water treatment plants, I presume its a rotating cylinder? for 1 g gravity? so there would also be a skying resort, fishing lake, surf boarding area, dune buggy site, sky diving, the landing might be a bit hazardous, but there would be a superb hospital anyway!
The list is almost endless, something that size should support 10,000 people quite well.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Still using Von Braun Designs!!

That is why it is so similar to other models you have seen.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
It's important to note that NASA varies depending on the kind of program, overall it's unmanned spaceflight is pretty good, the same is true for the aerospace/aeronautical research branch of nasa.

The manned spaceflight program seems to be a jobs program to a degree. (understatement)
Why NASA hasn't made this already is actually pretty simple; there hasn't been the political will, or economic reason too, building single-use rockets provides good-paying jobs to a large number of Americans, (and Russians, and various EU member-citizens for other agencies).
well paid americans are more likely to re-elect the guy who would keep them in said jobs,

developing stuff like this is expensive, really really expensive, like as in numbering in at least 100's of millions -expensive.

Skylon ironically draws heritage directly from another government program; HOTOL.. which was funded in the 1980's and cancelled in the 1990's as it suffered overruns in budget and schedule and problems with the pre-cooler frosting over(a problem that's only recently been solved).

hopefully this won't be cancelled due to some political nonsense and token budget cuts, and the prototype will succeed.

I apologize if this is necro-ing

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join