It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How far will the masses be pushed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
In the last few years i have noticed a sudden surge in the 'general public' gaining knowledge of the real reality of this planet, a sudden increase in enlightenment if you will, yet it still seems as if no-one cares, and that no one will stand up to try change this planet.

Of course, the big example of this is the NSA scandal. Edward Snowden unveils the mass system that is spying on the worlds data traffic, viewing our internet and phone call history, and the media decide to focus on the HERO who has revealed this scandal, and call him a criminal? He has revealed information about the worlds biggest scandal, the US government has contracts with EU countries to redirect our data traffic to a separate system for a group of people to sift through, we no longer have any privacy whilst online/using telephones, and the world hasn't even asked for an explanation of why the US Government were allowed this right in the first place?

Is their any point in any of us trying to change things anymore? It seems as if the 'sheeple' of the planet are so much engrossed in reality television, they lose sight of what is important. Are we too far gone?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Yes. (we are too fare gone)

I used to be on the fence about that, but the reaction to the NSA scandal has pushed me off. Not only because people don't care anymore, but also because the power of intelligence agencies is now so great that even if the people did care, it would be too late.

That's not to say that we will not rise again at some point. But we no longer live in the same world as we did a couple of months ago.
edit on 1-7-2013 by soulwaxer because: ETA

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
It will be riots in the street only when the welfare services and give away money stops coming, that is the only way that people will start screaming, as long as those darn welfare checks and SS are in the mail nobody will do anything.

Almost half of the adult population in the US are on some government services.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
It will be riots in the street only when the welfare services and give away money stops coming, that is the only way that people will start screaming, as long as those darn welfare checks and SS are in the mail nobody will do anything.

Almost half of the adult population in the US are on some government services.

Most of that percentage are the elderly or disabled.

It seems that instead of valuing all of our rights people have ones that are more meaningful to them than others. If it doesn't affect them personally they don't feel compelled to do anything about it or dont even attend to it. That can't really be helped since people are motivated by the bigger picture last in most cases.

I see the "conspiracy" news people or older people in particular either work themselves up emotionally or shake their heads at the chipping away of our rights because they feel no one cares or gets it. Hopefully as more of it happens and is in the public more people will have a light bulb go off, and realize how connected all of our rights are.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Used to be elderly and disable, now is a big piece of the able working age Americans that due to the state of the economy have not choice but to take government assistance to support the families.

Since the 2008 market crash Welfare recipients had growing more than in any other time in the history of the program.

Another reason people will not raise against the government is that the government is the biggest hiring entity in the US, so we are all link to government in one way or the other, be by job or just a service recipient.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The masses won't be pushed.
Currently they are being led and are going willingly.

As long as they get their "free stuff" then they will continue to go along willingly.

When the "free stuff" dries up?
They won't attack government.

They will attack those that had stuff and didn't rely on goverrnment.

All the while, asking government for help from the very problem that government created.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Dianec

Used to be elderly and disable, now is a big piece of the able working age Americans that due to the state of the economy have not choice but to take government assistance to support the families.

Since the 2008 market crash Welfare recipients had growing more than in any other time in the history of the program.

Another reason people will not raise against the government is that the government is the biggest hiring entity in the US, so we are all link to government in one way or the other, be by job or just a service recipient.

I looked at my resource again for only 8% of people who are able bodied and getting government assistance. The stats are put out by the government so I no longer trust it. In fact I maybe know two people who are not dependent in some way on the government for their income. 100% have government in their life (permits, licenses, and as you said government workers or work for company that receives government assistance of some sort).

Is there anyone in this country or any job that doesn't have government influencing the sustainability if it?

I do agree that they own most of the population through money. I see it all the time and at worst there is learned helplessness/over dependance with low motivation or people just not wanting to stir the pot.

I knew someone who got about 6800 in welfare benefits if adding housing (2200.00 house), food stamps, cash assistance, and childcare (due to a child with an emotional issue the government paid 2200 or 2400 - one of those - a month for preschool and then there were 2 more children). Who could even work and afford all of that let alone want to work? Who would care about their rights when being handed all of that and more (and there were more benefits). In fact, this parent would be penalized for making more than 8.00 per hour if they got a job (would begin to lose benefits).

new topics

top topics

join