It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible ScramJet IFO seen in Western Canada

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
June 30, 2013 11:00pm PST close to Vancouver British Columbia, Canada

Walking with Girl Friend at Como Lake, in Coquitlam BC Canada
Google MAPS GPS coordinate: 49.261405,-122.857566

Was looking at stars and noticed a fast moving highly luminous light
directly overhead going South to North direction which made a
very obvious and CONTROLLED COURSE CORRECTION.

Skies were very nearly clear with only high cloud which
I found out later that the cloud level was at 15,000 feet.
Also saw the normal air traffic at that time usually
east to west landing flight corridor to
Vancouver International Airport (YVR)

This object was very high at about 90,000 feet, and while
I DO UNDERSTAND the difficulties in estimating altitude,
there are a NUMBER of correlating factors one can take
into account to estimate APPROXIMATE altitude
+/- 10000 feet

A number of calculations one can make based upon
flight levels of surrounding traffic, (usually 8000 to 12000 feet for
incoming landing at YVR) where I was, cloud ceiling levels, flashing of aircraft
type lights, KNOWN flashing times and luminance levels of specific aircraft lighting types,
and a few others which I sort of correlated to give a very general estimate.

This was was DEFINITELY an aircraft since I distinctly remember seeing a
air friction-type plasma envelope that DID NOT flame out like a meteorite.
It covered 70 km in 10 seconds (i.e. Degrees Arc-distance covered in
X number of seconds) which when calculated out gives you an airspeed
of 15.3 THOUSAND MPH (25,000kmh) or Mach 24. And based upon the course
correction I saw, it's ESTIMATED altitude, and what I swear I thought
was a ultra high speed BANK northwest I'm guessing its an air-breather.

F-18's on the way to Alaska max out 45,000 feet ceiling for the night flights
They can do above 48,000 feet and above but for fuel cost reasons such flights
are kept way under 45,000 feet.

C17 and C5 Galaxy flights are also kept under 35,000 ft for fuel efficiency
and based on what I saw in terms of a plasma sheath this was a BIG aircraft
at 120 feet long at least maybe even 150 feet long or more. It was definitely
a long and thin aircraft, almost rocket-like (i.e. long, thin and pointy)

What I saw was no flaming meteor with the usual smash-into-atmosphere bow shock
flaming bulb that I've seen many times...this was DEFINITELY a controlled flight
and based on the LENGTH of the cource correction bank, was no UFO but rather a
semi-IFO...it ain't "Alien"!. Not with that sort of plasma sheath that
I saw....No green/yellow flame of methane or peroxide but rather an almost pure
blue/white flame which would indicate high concentrations of Hydrogen
(i.e. 20,000 degrees KELVIN luminance level) i.e. a ScramJet possibly
doing the Nevada or Utah to Alaska run.

So I am gonna guess this is a full-on ScramJet aircraft!

Bet ya two bits that in the next two days we'll see some Russian Bombers
near Alaska doing a tit-for-tat incursion of air space as I suspect this
craft was NOT doing a test flight but rather a fully operational recon
mission probably almost over to the Kara Sea in Northern Russia to look
for evidence of new northern-ocean Russian submarine operations.

North Korea and China overflights would be from Guam, the Philipines
or Australia so this was a Russian overflight. If ya hear about
one or two Russian Bombers near Norther Alaska or Aleutions, then
ya know I am correct in my assertions on a recon flight.

THere's no other physical details that I can give other than
what I phsycially saw and the very rough calculations on altitude
and airspeed. Plotting the course of the craft on google maps
gives me the Utah to Alaska to Kara Sea recon run so I am
guessing this is an OPERATIONAL craft rather than a test bed!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
The NSA should be at your door step in

9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1,

Sir could your step outside please

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Reply to post by StargateSG7

Your brain power is frightening me...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by StargateSG7

I have had involvement with scramjet r&d, although the one I have had involvement with could only do Mach 10

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by StargateSG7
June 30, 2013 11:00pm PST close to Vancouver British Columbia, Canada

Walking with Girl Friend at Como Lake, in Coquitlam BC Canada
Google MAPS GPS coordinate: 49.261405,-122.857566

Was looking at stars and noticed a fast moving highly luminous light
directly overhead going South to North direction which made a
very obvious and CONTROLLED COURSE CORRECTION

THere's no other physical details that I can give other than
what I phsycially saw and the very rough calculations on altitude
and airspeed. Plotting the course of the craft on google maps
gives me the Utah to Alaska to Kara Sea recon run so I am
guessing this is an OPERATIONAL craft rather than a test bed!

I saw the exact same thing a few years back, high speed, luminous, lower than a satellite and not following normal aircraft traffic patterns.
edit on 7/1/2013 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I have never seen anything like that. Would be awesome to see. Great observation and well written article OP!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

I saw the exact same thing a few years back, high speed, luminous, lower than a satellite and not following normal aircraft traffic patterns.

Would you mind telling us what a "normal flight pattern" means to you. The whole idea behind ADS-B, GPS Nav, and INS V-Nav is to avoid the congestion caused by flight patterns.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trillium
The NSA should be at your door step in

9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1,

Sir could your step outside please

Yup.

Hilarious.

Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by F4guy

Would you mind telling us what a "normal flight pattern" means to you. The whole idea behind ADS-B, GPS Nav, and INS V-Nav is to avoid the congestion caused by flight patterns.

Most high altitude traffic (in my area) runs a north south route between airports. It is highly unusual to see anything else, much less a brilliant craft that can cover horizon to horizon in under a minute at high altitude.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
the amount of air traffic globally is staggering.....
"normal" flight paths are everywhere ive seen loads of planes flying around where ive never seen... ive just probibly not noticed them before

look....

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
That's them
Pretty sure they're not a 'scramjet' cos they have been seen and recorded since the 40's and probably just seen for many years previous. I've seen two, following straight lines first South to North and the second time East to West.

The early Russian origins theory was rejected by Swedish, British, and U.S. military investigators because no recognizable rocket fragments were ever found, and according to some sightings the objects usually left no exhaust trail, some moved too slowly and usually flew horizontally, they sometimes traveled and maneuvered in formation, and they were usually silent.

The sightings most often consisted of fast-flying rocket- or missile- shaped objects, with or without wings, visible for mere seconds. Instances of slower moving cigar shaped objects are also known. A hissing or rumbling sound was sometimes reported.

and, well I think they and fastwalkers are one and the same, perhaps...just me. Anyway congrats they're a nice, fast and mysterious UFO to see, and you may well see more over the years
I don't buy the "our tech" theory because I'm still yet to see anything to support it, but the ghost rockets, fastwalkers etc, well, there's evidence growing on trees for those.
edit on 1-7-2013 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

"Fast Walker" is a NORAD (North American Air Defence) term for an unidentified or not yet identified
high speed object in the airspace covered by NORAD radars. Certain persons I know who have worked at
the Cheyenne Mountain Complex had a number of observations between 1987 to 1991 that were concluded
to be Fast Walkers. In one case between 1987/1988 radar personnel at the base were instructed to ignore
and disregard a series of Fast Walker flights taking place off the California coast (i.e. Aurora/Senior Citizen?)
that were over a period of 6 months at velocities in excess of Mach 12...So I am guessing that was a
human built aircraft.

The one I saw was DEFINITELY calculated at Mach 24+ if my estimated altitude truly was 100,000 feet.
If it was lower ,say 50,000 feet....the speeds would STILL be in excess of Mach 10.

Modern methods of high speed aircraft burn the fuel ON THE OUTSIDE of the hull creating a plasma sheath
that helps push the atmosphere out of the way and creates a customizable combustion chamber on the
OUTSIDE HULL. This type of propulsion is usable for flights up to 130,000 feet as an air breather before
having to carry an oxidizer for anything beyond that!

What I saw was LIKELY an outer-hull scramjet/ramjet configuration which
SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO Mach 24 and above!

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Most high altitude traffic (in my area) runs a north south route between airports. It is highly unusual to see anything else, much less a brilliant craft that can cover horizon to horizon in under a minute at high altitude.

There are 3 very busy high altitude jet routes (J-500, J-508, and J-514 than run east/west over the Vancouver area. For example a direct (great circle) routing from Dallas to Tokyo goes right over Vancouver.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Thanks for your replying. It's very interesting, and I hope you'll speculate further with me. It gave me things to think about, I'll try and get some of them down here though these are just initial thoughts.

I don't know why we would want/need to travel the globe at 18,000 mph in a glowing craft myself that is only ever seen at altitude and never lands/takes off. And I think it's a shame when folks chalk it down to advanced technology of ours because that is negative - and creates a fear inside people, that humans are out to get humans. Those who can accept them as "not ours" I think also then able to feel there is no negativity behind it, it just becomes a great phenomena that could have any meaning other than a dark, nasty one about TPTB spying on us etc. Well, until you reach alien abductions, then it gets a little dark again...

Are there whistleblowers or any material relating to our progress with breaking the barriers of inertia? I've never seen ANY reports on breakthroughs in inertia in the MSM ever.

It's not much of a secret if we can see it (the craft), frequently, over the years. I mean, that thing must be out every night just about, at least for the last 8 years. Not ONE pilot of ALL those flights has come forward? Does somebodies child really not come to the family BBQ and admit in private that they flew a craft at Mach 24?

Is there really some sick twisted regime that keeps us completely in the dark? IMO, planet earth doesn't quite work like that - to that depth - yet. That's the dark side of the next age IMO, not this one. This one we still barely know what we're doing.

None of the BEST UFO whistleblowers have ever come close to acknowledging inertia breakthroughs. A lot of old, courageous guys who have an inclination of something suspect and possibly alien. And none of them have ever joked about knowing a pilot of a super speed craft, have they? None of the tales even come close to anyone having piloted any kind of craft, fastwalker, manmade super plane etc.

And that, in my mind, means anything highly advanced at this point probably fell into our lap. And if we do use it we use it remotely and fly it from the ground, but that seems a little risky to me. Piloting an 18,000 mph craft from your iphone in Area 51

We may have one or two fastwalkers, but in the meantime, they are up there, piloted, by people who don't attend your brother's barbecue. Orphaned kids perhaps, molded into a secret regime so that no-one will ever notice for the benefit of someone on our planet to travel about in a charlie and the chocolate factory style elevator for very odd reasons? I still think "man-made" makes it all far more elaborate and chaotic than just accepting it isn't us, despite clear indication we keep an eye on "it". It also feels a lot better, and I insist that anyone feeling down or a little lost inside, do away with the spying/TPTB/secret tech standpoint. You're going to destroy your heart & soul!

So, I still vote aliens myself
but it was your sighting and its for YOUR judgement, thanks for answering me

PS: This sounds to me like a good beginning for you. Welcome to an exciting upcoming decade, it looks like it motivated you to make real considerations about what you saw, and for that reason - it looks like you'll have great fun making connections over the years if you remain interested in your own sighting. regards!
edit on 2-7-2013 by markymint because: cleanup

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Is it possible you saw a large satellite? Given the latitude and day of year it's not that far off of sunset at observation time. It might not have been friction heating but just reflection?

There are large satellites with 'shrouds' and inflatable arrays of antennae doing the ELINT stuff.
edit on 2-7-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

There are 3 very busy high altitude jet routes (J-500, J-508, and J-514 than run east/west over the Vancouver area. For example a direct (great circle) routing from Dallas to Tokyo goes right over Vancouver.

---
MY answer:

Those high overhead flights are usually anywhere from 30,000 to 37,000 feet depending on aircraft type
(B747, A380 or B777) and of course as you said run East/West for the most part. This craft was MUCH
HIGHER than 35,000 ft and ran South to North and then BANKED to Northwest (a VERY LONG BANK)
taking much longer to turn than the usual 2 to 10 km that a normal jet would.

At 70 km in 10 seconds this object was FAST....!!!

And MOST satellites I know doesn't go from almost TRUE polar orbit to Northwest polar orbit
in the span of 10 seconds. The propulsion MASS that would be needed would make that type
orbit "correction" of a low-orbit (less than few thousand km) satellite impossible to lift off the ground.
Sorry! But the laws of physics (i.e. Inertia) get in the way of that idea!

I think I'll stick with my idea of an outer-hull flowing gaseous fuel (likely hydrogen) ignited and
trapped between an outer laminar airflow or plasma sheath and the probably Aluminum Oxide-ceramic
composite hull creating a ramjet/scramjet-like propulsion system AND also creating
a long frontal plasma sheath that helps push any other atmosphere out of the way for that
MACH 24 super-cruise!!!

If I see that dull white or maroon van with the obligatory two 55+ Grey-Bearded Baby Boomers
parked outside of my office in the alley in the next few days, I'll know my "guesses" were correct!
edit on 2013/7/2 by StargateSG7 because: additions...

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

All tha to say you saw a light in the sky

Ive seen DOZENS of these 'light-craft' brother; no point in making a thread about it.

Either way, what you saw was a starship, you just dont know it yet. Dont listen to the jelous haters who live in the box-trap with laced skies (chemtrails).

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Crazy observation there, brilliant description.
Just wanted to reply because I was reminded of something I saw about a week or two ago.

I woke up at around 2 in the morning, no reason, just coz, and because a friend and I had been using Stellarium to watch for satellites the night before, I decided to carry on with that. I was fast-forwarding time on Stellarium to watch for sat's, then go outside and wait for them (at the same time watching for meteors).

It was starting to get brighter and the sat's were getting dimmer - I went out to watch one last one, I couldn't find it at first, but then started following a little blip of light. I thought it was just the lighting at first but when it was nearer overhead it started looking closer than a satellite (but definitely higher than a plane), then it turned.
(I forgot to mention, initially it was coming from NNE, due South).
After it turned it was headed East.
If you held a ruler up at arms length it traveled about 30cm and then turned around and headed West.

I don't know what to make of it.
Until the maneuvering I would have said it was a satellite, it looked like one, was just as fast...
I don't know, it was very intriguing.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Hiya. I'm a first-time poster and long-time reader. Your thread convinced me to start an account. I live in Vancouver, not far from your sighting and I believe my girlfriend and I saw the same object while sitting in our backyard on that same evening. While I can't say for sure what it was, it was definitely moving too fast to be either a satellite or conventional aircraft. It was the most unusual sighting I've had in recent memory.

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." -Voltaire

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Sorry but as you don't know the size of the object there is no way you can work out a height it really is that simple you don't have enough info to do that.

So that also means any guess at speed is that just a guess 15.5 k mph is 4.25 miles per second in your 10 second time frame it would cover 224400 feet that's nearly 3 times your estimated height.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join