It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt Sunday protest largest human demonstration in history

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

An Egyptian military source told Reuters that as many as 14 million people in the nation of 84 million took part in Sunday's protests across the country. Despite no independent way to verify this estimate, some international media outlets have said that this could have been the largest demonstartion seen in the history of the world.

Source

Now you may be wondering why I put this in US Political Madness section, well if you weren't following RT on twitter or another independent source you wouldn't of known this.

@CNN, @CNNI, @CNNBRK, @MSNBC, @CBSNews, @FoxNews, @NBCNews. Not one tweet sent out about Egypt from any of these accounts today. Now I don't watch TV so I can't verify if they have aired coverage on cable but if your news source are any of these stations like I'm sure for many Americans it is you wouldn't of known about this mass demonstration! Thanks be to RT.
edit on 1-7-2013 by cass1dy09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Great pic.

Power to the people !

At least they have the balls to stand up, we have the TV to sit down.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

I may be missing your point, but here are some FOX News links dealing with the massive protest, which were put on the net in the last 24 hours.

www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com...

video.foxnews.com...

edit on 1-7-2013 by charles1952 because: clarify

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Wasn't sure why they were protesting so looked it up. They don't like their elected leader anymore and the police won't get involved in political issues such as this. Military sending out vehicles but sounds like they are allowing protests to embrace a true democracy. Thanks for sharing this. Wonder why its not all over the news. Probably because it shows people with spirit and how they are exercising their rights fully. Must feel good to them.

www.seattlepi.com...

Time for bed I guess. Just saw your source.
edit on 1-7-2013 by Dianec because: Had missed something

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
It was all over our news here in Europe.. Or at least Germany.

I hereby vow that I will never follow any information about any group of people, regardless to their sources! Any info is tainted!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Guess whoever runs Foxnews twitter account has Sundays off.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
The Arab Summer in full swing.
Usually if you have that many people mad at you;
You probably deserve it.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
The odd thing about that country is that when it was like a few other Middle East places a lovely quite nice place, the UK removed the leaders, now all hell has broke loss. This is what happens when you get prat in 10 Downing street London who really has NO IDEA to what world events are, he is just a clown, he has destablised the whole of the Middle East all on his own, thank Cameron for how the Middle East is today, he can't run the UK, so how people expect a prat to run other places heaven knows.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
The numbers are staggering even if it isn't 14 million it's a lot of people.

Question - didn't these people do the same thing a couple years ago? Didn't they oust a president and elect this guy and now they're pissed off at him?

Wow.

So is it the government or are Egyptians just a fickle bunch of people?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Did they cover it on their Cable channel?
I don't watch it, but my mother-in-law does, and she usually comes around to discuss the news with me, especially on Sundays. She didn't bring it up at all. Fox tends to have an older demographic, many not as connected to social media.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Now if only the rest of the world would get off their useless asses and do the same with the rest of the corrupt governments, then we might have something.

You're the guy in charge, not doing your job, not taking care of your countrymen, not doing all the crap you promised when you ran for election? Then GTFO, or we will TAKE you out!

That's democracy.

ETA: Oh yeah, never seen a word of this on my news either.
edit on 1-7-2013 by ShadowLink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ifeelsohigh
The numbers are staggering even if it isn't 14 million it's a lot of people.

Question - didn't these people do the same thing a couple years ago? Didn't they oust a president and elect this guy and now they're pissed off at him?

Wow.

So is it the government or are Egyptians just a fickle bunch of people?

your ignorance is beyond laughable

Morsi received 51% of the vote, and that was 13.2 million voters

in the eyes of the people who started the 2011 revolution, hardly anyone of them voted for him. yet they oust Mubarak and then they lose the revolution to the MB

most egyptians knew the elections were a farce, managed by the zionists and elites, the same guys who elect US presidents.

The egyptians are after true freedom and democracy, and they are going after it
edit on 1-7-2013 by Jumadax because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

The Egyptians should print Revolution for Dummies. Unfortunately, it would only sell about a thousand copies in the U.S.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Arab Summer?

Looks like Egyptians know a bad guy when they see one.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ifeelsohigh

Yes they did elect him (if you believe the elections were not a total fraud) because he talked a good game, smiled and said all the right things to garner the vote. Unfortunately once in power his open transparent government policies along with the will of the people got misplaced. Many of his promises were disregarded and he turned into just another two bit dictator (or is trying to) with new laws and declarations from what I have gathered from reading.

Tranny is always well organized where freedom looks like a mess sometimes; but maybe with luck, and their awakening, the people of Egypt have finally decided to throw off the 14 century thinking and demand their voices be heard.

I personally salute them but I also wonder what the western powers are doing to help light the fire since he seems to have pissed off many in the west with his Muslim brotherhood B.S. Israel has not been too pleased either so pick any number of reasons and where the spark started.

Let us hope the outcome will be an Egyption outcome for the people who have sacrificed everything for an Egypt they can truly call their own.

in the eyes of the people who started the 2011 revolution, hardly anyone of them voted for him. yet they oust Mubarak and then they lose the revolution to the MB

Also that seems to be a correct statement IMO

dailycaller.com...

administration officials and representatives of other government agencies quietly held a meeting in the White House with Abdallah bin Bayyah. Given his close ties with Brotherhood thought leaders like Yusuf al-Qaradawi (who is banned from entering the U.S.), not to mention bin Bayyah’s own influential role in the Brotherhood, it’s obvious this meeting was held to discuss U.S. support for the Brotherhood at a time when its popularity in Egypt is plummeting.

edit on 1-7-2013 by 727Sky because: ..

edit on 1-7-2013 by 727Sky because: link

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This is why the US has continued to support the Egyptian military. They have held the power all along and still do. You can expect them to force the Gov to meet the demands of the people of they will remove it from power. The military in Egypt has remained popular with the people and it remains pro western. Egypt is a lot like Turkey where it is a democracy that is watched over by the military who can decide that the elected need to removed for a new election but, the military never takes direct power. And I have seen plenty of coverage on TV and in the news paper.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Egypt Sunday protest largest human demonstration in history:

All hat no cattle for no reason ofther than new boss is same as the old boss

rinse and repeat 'hysteria'.
edit on 1-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I started this thread yesterday: The Biggest Protest in Egypt's History (LIVE FEED) ; which seemed to get lost in the wind. i guess people think this is going to be the same ole, same ole; non-event. Unfortunately, the crowds are getting bigger and time is running out.

You know the story, about the "boy that cried wolf"??? What happened, in the end?

And, just for good measures, here's a youtube video i posted in that thread:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

can you translate for me, what that video is suggesting?
is the US sending troops to protect morsi ?
edit on 1-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by WonderBoi

can you translate for me, what that video is suggesting?
is the US sending troops to protect morsi ?
edit on 1-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)
Reported on 6/20/13 - (KCEN) -- A group of soldiers are preparing for their deployment to Egypt with riot training on post. They're planning ahead for violent protests or riots and the possibility of protecting the country's border with Israel.

<<   2  3 >>

join