It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaving this week for 4 or 5 weeks in AK gonna sharpen my skills

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'm back, got back in early this morning and am beat tired. I will be updating later this evening or tomorrow, right now I'm going to rest and have some stuff to deal with here at the homestead. Just wanted to let you guys know I made it back and didn't become bear food. The trip was great though as expected I did have some issues arise but nothing too bad.

I do have to say that I already miss being up there and that after nearly 6 weeks of solitude coming home to the noise and activity of being home is going to take some getting used to. It had been a long time since I have been in the wilderness for an extended time and I didn't realize how absolutely soothing the tranquility and simple beauty of being completely surrounded by nature is for the human spirit.

As I said I will be updating this thread and sharing my experiences over the next several days.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Happy you made it back safe and sound Diver!

After being off in the woods I've always felt disappointed when I get back home and wish I had stayed gone, but life beckons. Hopefully your senses will settle into the noise in a few days. Looking forward to your tales!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Welcome back, can't wait to hear about it.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Awesome, I was just thinking about you and wondering how it all went!
Had to do a search for this thread, glad you came back,
can't wait to hear how your trip was!

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Welcome back. Hope to hear about it. You know, you don't have to go that far to enjoy nature, there is probably a nice quiet serene place within twenty miles of you that you can go to a few times a month . Rustic campgrounds are the best kind, and they are the cheapest. It costs little to walk in the woods. I've been out picking blueberries, what a great year for blueberries this year.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Congrats on not getting eaten, look forward to your story..

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join