It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters light up chopper with laser pointers!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Looks pretty good, im sure the pilots were not too pleased lol.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
That is moronic. They could have caused a crash resulting in serious injuries or even death.

Yeah, they should protest, but they shouldn't put other people's lives at risk.

Definitely not smart.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
What may be amusing is to see some helicopter crews get mad in the way intelligent people sometimes can to simply get even. If the next one flying over turned on it's own laser array (Dazzler weapon) then we could all catch a live view of what a couple million people puking at once looks like. Heck, it might take a few helicopters across the area at once, but they're resourceful people with a really big military. lol..

Not the best move, I'd say.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
While i don't condone such actions, it does make for a pretty good video/show i think.
Its the first time ive ever seen anything like it.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Maximum trolling.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

I have to admit it looked pretty cool but I feel sorry for the pilot(s).

Everybody is lucky it didn't crash into the middle or the crowd. Just goes to show that there are foolish people everywhere.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
There's a pretty good chance the crew was shielded from lasers. Defensive equipment has gotten much better since that idiot on the Soviet Fishing Boat did that quite a while back up in Puget Sound. There are protective goggles and windscreens now for any aircraft used in low altitude surveillance operations.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I'm gonna have to call FAKE on this one, sorry. The "light show" on the helicopter doesn't fade as it gets farther and farther (and it would). I don't condone such actions, but go buy a laser pointer and point it at a stop sign on your street and you'll see what happens when you point those things at various objects at various distances away from the laser..

The helicopter was outfitted with the lights for the celebration.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Try to keep in mind that that was filmed in Cairo where the military has been using helicopters to monitor the crowds and there has been a history of violence on behalf of the protesters and the military since 2011. So military using helicopters and sweeping over protests would probably be viewed with a whole lot of distrust; hence why the protesters were laser pointing them like that to get the helicopters to go away. Whereas yeah, it'd be pretty moronic to do that normally, in this case, it may be a low tech repellant against the military of a repressive regime.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
For the nay sayers, I just spotted this on the BBC News site: www.bbc.co.uk...

Note the big green laser in the still. There's two in the video behind the correspondent. So yes, quite real and the size of the lasers should explain the appearance. These aren't the little hand held things.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Amazing.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

Pretty wild indeed. BBC article mentions that the military in Egypt estimated that there were as many as 14 million in Cairo protesting (though the BBC states that they believe it was 500,000 in the Square itself). Nearly all the US/UK sources are saying that it's "thousands" or "hundreds of thousands" while Mideast sources and Fox are reporting it as millions protesting. Kind of funny because they do like to downplay protest sizes. Regardless of actual number, that is a sea of people in those shots. Makes me think of some of the protests in Madrid but even bigger than those.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
When did we give them AH-64s???

BTW yeah they should be fairly shielded but their night Vision optics would be goin haywire.
edit on 1-7-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

1995 they procured 36 of them.

And most have been upgraded since then too.

Pretty moronic of those people down there, nothing a couple of hellfires wouldn't fix though.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Looks cool but yup it could have crashed on them all

Funny story here
I was outside in my garden practising my jedi skills with my new lightsaber
at night and I had my headphones on and suddenly it got very windy and I took my headphones off to hear a chopper, I looked up and about 300/500 foot in the air a police choppy was hovering above me, it turned its spotlight on me and just stayed there a moment so I waved at it and smiled
So somewhere the police will have a video of a 30 odd year old man going nuts in his garden with a lightsaber....I bet the coppers had a right laugh.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Do you do this often? Were you sober?

I'm hoping the answer to both questions is a big "NO"!

(that's too funny!
)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Originally posted by AmberLeaf

While i don't condone such actions, it does make for a pretty good video/show i think.

I too think it's a dangerously stupid thing to do. I wasn't even gonna watch the video, but reading that↑ made me curious.

Anyways, after watching, now I'm thinking there's probably a good chance that clips from this video(accompanied by a different audio track) will reappear in the future, as a UFO Video. I'm sure there will be a thread or two about it. I might as well go ahead and bookmark this one, for quick and easy access.

reply to post by ifeelsohigh

Originally posted by ifeelsohigh

Do you do this often? Were you sober?

I'm hoping the answer to both questions is a big "NO"!

(that's too funny!
)
To be completely honest about it, I really really really hope that both of those answers are 'YES!!'.

edit on 7/1/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Well the lightsaber looks really cool at night and I used to do kendo a little as a kid, so I put the emperors theme tune on my ipod and go all Jedi in the garden

Yes I do it often and yes I do it after a beer or 7

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I've never been much of a 'people person' and don't usually get to know my neighbors, so I probably wouldn't talk to you either, but I would absolutely love to have you as a neighbor.

It would probably even be much better that way, if I never talked to you and knew nothing about you, but just randomly look out the window and see you with your Lightsaber, fighting against a swarm of Lightning Bugs. lol

Ya know, if you would have been doing it properly (Blindfolded lol), you would not have even seen the light from the chopper. Which I'm sure they would've enjoyed it more too, if you had just kept on going. lol

new topics

top topics

join