It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions join anti-Morsi protests in Egypt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

On a day that organisers have called a 'make or break' moment for President Morsi, millions protest across the country calling for the ouster of the beleaguered leader

These are the biggest protests in Egypt since January 28 2011.

It seems the Egyptians people don't want to live in a theocracy of the Muslim Brotherhood, let's just hope Morsi will resign as fast as possible without violence or bloodshed.

Link

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

If this is what it looks like when the good people in Egypt get together to tell a leader to find the exit door politely, I'd hate to see what they look like when they get all rude and pissed off about it.

What saddens me is we are a nation many times the size of Egypt and look at the numbers they can get off the couch and into the street. They aren't listening to anyone saying people power can't work, and so, it probably will. Even the greatest moments at the Washington Mall haven't mustered a respectable fraction of that. No one can say it wouldn't work here ....until it's been tried at least once.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I heard an interview with someone there. They stated that the revolution to oust Mubarak had been a success. This had led to the election of Morsi but the promises of change (sound familiar?) had not materialized so the people are back in the streets picking up where they left off.

edit on 30-6-2013 by intrptr because: redacted

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

If this is what it looks like when the good people in Egypt get together to tell a leader to find the exit door politely, I'd hate to see what they look like when they get all rude and pissed off about it.

Syria ring a bell? All thats missing in Egypt is a few boat loads of weapons. But I doubt that will happen here, The Us backed Military are still firmly in control (behind the scenes).

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Well, this pic is interesting.

Protesters opposing Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi hold the metal signage of the national headquarters of the Muslim Brotherhood after attacking it in Cairo"s Moqattam district June 30, 2013.

More pics

edit on 30-6-2013 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
A few weeks ago I read that the military wouldn't intervene. Seems the military isn't too happy with Morsi either.

Peace

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I don't know what country you're from, but countries like America haven't had their comfort stripped from them. It's only a matter of time before many people are personally affected and lifestyles are changed due to the damage being done to our country. Then, and only then will people stand up in the 10's of millions. People still have the luxury of new cell phones every year, new sneakers every other week, eating out 5+ meals a week, cable service, new video games every month, spending $50 a week on snacks and junk food.

I don't know much about Egypt, but I know these people aren't as privileged, and they've already removed a leader once before so they have the courage to stand up again.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

Couldn't agree with this more. Great post, FM.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

What a grass roots groundswell. Is this what real yearning for freedom looks like?

Best vid I could find on short notice. This footage was taken last night of the mass of demonstrators. Just look at all those people. I hope they get what they are struggling for. I hope the police choose the peoples side this time.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic

I don't know what country you're from, but countries like America haven't had their comfort stripped from them. It's only a matter of time before many people are personally affected and lifestyles are changed due to the damage being done to our country. Then, and only then will people stand up in the 10's of millions. People still have the luxury of new cell phones every year, new sneakers every other week, eating out 5+ meals a week, cable service, new video games every month, spending $50 a week on snacks and junk food.

I don't know much about Egypt, but I know these people aren't as privileged, and they've already removed a leader once before so they have the courage to stand up again.

I guess poison food, bailouts, invasion of privacy, toxic vaccines, taxes, rigged elections, crappy presidents, illegal wars, etc... just aren't enough yet.

Constantly I'm asking, WHEN is it gonna be enough? How many slaps to the face is it gonna take before society grows some balls and follows Egypt's example?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I read it was nearly 14 million people protesting..

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Jobeycool

Epic !

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
reply to post by Jobeycool

Epic !

Saying it has reached 20 million and the Egyptian military is giving Morsi 48 hours to leave office.
www.egyptdailynews.com...

Live feed newsblogged.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I don't know about anyone else but this gives me faith in the people again since I have lost so much of it over the last year.

Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Good on them, we in the west should all take a lesson from the Egyptians, and stand up against our increasingly authoritarian governments.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I don't know about anyone else but this gives me faith in the people again since I have lost so much of it over the last year.

Peace

I second this statement!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Obama Banners in Tahrir Square

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
It's also clear that US administration still has no control over this uprising unlike the 2011 revolution

U.S. Press Virtually Ignoring Strong Anti-Obama and Anti-American Sentiment, Banners at Egyptian Protests Read more: newsbusters.org...

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by EgypT3r

It has always been my opinion that "real" democracy in the Middle-East would the greatest threat to Israel and the U.S.
Democracy would just reflect popular opinion ... and the U.S, Israel are not very popular

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Leaked Military Helicopter Video Shows Cairo mass protests 30 June

edit on 2-7-2013 by EgypT3r because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2013 by EgypT3r because: 12:31 Full Video

top topics

<<   2 >>

join