It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi: House Republicans Will Pass Immigration Reform ‘If They Ever Want to Win a President

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi said congressional Republicans will have to pass immigration reform if they ever want the GOP to retake the White House

“I believe that the members of Congress, many more than are directly affected themselves by the number of Hispanics in their district, will do what is right for our country,” Pelosi (Calif.) said in an interview aired Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” “And it’s certainly right — for the Republicans, if they ever want to win a presidential race.”

Source

Read that?

Read this:

Do you think Republicans get it on immigration? Because people like Lindsey Graham are saying if you don’t do something, reaching out to Hispanics, you — it might not — you might not need to run anybody for president next time, because with the demographics changing in this country, it’s going to be impossible to elect a Republican president if you don’t get substantial Hispanic support.

Source

So now two top congressional Democrats stating something that should be alarming to the hispanic community,

Think the Democrats are trying to pass immigration reform out of the 'goodness' of their little hearts?

Hell no they aren't they are using hispanics' to solidify their political power,

There is NO other reason for it they looked at the last election and 'eureka!" let's use some more people for their own selfish desires.

Please wake up to what is being shoveled by the Democratic party on 'immigration'.
edit on 30-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Lets Polarize this Nation just a bit more, hey?

My Question.

Why are Democrats voting her in?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by neo96

Lets Polarize this Nation just a bit more, hey?

My Question.

Why are Democrats voting her in?

Because they think this entire country should be run like California.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
She just basically said that Hispanic votes are more important than an American citizen's. That politicians and policy should cater to them, because their opinion matters more.
And people actually wonder why America is on her last leg.

edit on 30-6-2013 by DAVID64 because: typo

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The president is elected by people... wasn't such a big problem a few decades ago eh?

... and you could say the same about confessing a belief in god, although we have actual evidence for that.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

The president is elected via the electoral college off of 'votes' unequally shared by all 50 states

The people do not decide Us elections only a small number of states do.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Seems to be a popular thing to claim the government isn't listening to the people.

And if that didn't get you the results you wanted..... then what? More end of the world and armed revolt talk???
edit on 30-6-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The GOP could easily take back the White House if they would nominate a credible candidate.

Who's fault is that?

First the Republicans need to win back the women's vote and at least try to appeal to minorities.

edit on 30-6-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by neo96

Seems to be a popular thing to claim the government isn't listening to the people.

And if that didn't get you the results you wanted..... then what? More end of the world and armed revolt talk???
edit on 30-6-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

Read the op?

Government doesn't listen to the people it does what they want regardless of what people think.

Revolt?

Did anyone say a damn word about it?

No.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
reply to post by neo96

The GOP could easily take back the White House if they would nominate a credible candidate.

Who's fault is that?

Read the op?

Gop can't get elected if they don't use minorities.

Emphasis on the word USE.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
So, as I'm reading her statement..... Hispanics are all lumped together in the same ball of wax. Legal and illegal. Working and criminal. Business owner and migrant worker. They all just vote like a block or something because their race/ethnicity box on a federal form lists them as one heading over another.

Don't minorities ever get tired of being talked down to like a mindless mob of conformity? I sure would and it wouldn't take much either. Even she is rarely so ....blatant about it though. I think old age is starting to make her a little funny in a way which holds no humor.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Who's fault is that?

First the Republicans need to win back the women's vote and at least try to appeal to minorities.

And that isn't something that is going to happen anytime soon. Next fall every Republican that voted for this immigration bill will in fact be primaried by extreme right wing candidates. Hell a few of them already have recall petitions being spread out. The House Republicans don't care with the Congressional maps being the way they are House seats will be safe for quite some time without any fallout. The Presidential Primaries will go like they did for Romney the only difference this time they will not pick a moderate Candidate if they want more than just the House and the firmly Republican Senate seats, they are going to have get off the social issues. It is that simple fiscal conservatism has appeal, but this backwards thinking social agenda is nothing but an anchor and it is sinking them.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
If pelosi didn't have this opinion she wouldn't have been elected hands down. I live in California my wife is Hispanic my daughter is half white half Hispanic even with all this I will say Hispanic is the new majority in California its basically run by Hispanics. If a president wants to win California they need to have the same mind set " which I'm not in favor of at all" california needs to be stripped of its electoral votes until it gets its finances in check

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I could have sworn that Pelosi is the House Minority leader not the House Majority leader (better tell Cantor in case he lost his job.)
edit on 6/30/2013 by rangersdad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Why,. . .. are they counting on the vote of those democratic voters.

If that is the case the republicans will Never get the vote.

It has already been stated that those voters are primarily democratic in Nature.

I actually had heard Ann Coulter say on Friday that Obama is trying to get this passed through because he wants to add those Democratic votes to the next decoratic ticket.

I actually believe her. She is one hell of a mouthy cuss but she’s got b@lls.

edit on 30-6-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

So Republicans should put their own party ahead of this countries laws like the Democrats are doing?

That's nice.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The funny part about this whole charade is most of those people in congress were right there when Reagan passed 'amnesty' and after 20 years of empty promises, and new people get to be hoodwinked.

More so those people are the ones who wrote the law against illegally entering this country in the first place.

wowzers.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Intelligence speaks again.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yeah, like Republicans look to Nancy Pelosi for their campaign advice! Passing legislation that basically hands a majority vote to the Democratic party would be the nails in their own coffins. When is somebody going to wise up and pour a bucket of water on the Wicked Witch?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Who's fault is that?

No, they need to stop nominating establishment, big-government, fiscal progressives which alienate the Conservatives in the electorate.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join