It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Man Who Would Be King.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 06:17 AM
link   
This has to be one of the BEST movies I've ever seen.

Until now I thought it'd be like all the other movies that had a smidget of Freemasonry here, or a glimps of Freemasonry there.

This movie IS Freemasonry, and there must be numerous subtle peices to it that I've not really thought of yet.

But the most basic are the "Eye of Providence" and the Grand Master, Worshipful Master and the Senior Warden, which I did notice in the movie.

The Grand Master being Sean Conery's character, and then the WM being the 'high priest' and the senior warden is the guy who crowned Conery.

I think there is an awesome point though in the movie, which is the "Eye of Providence".

You notice early on once they do make it to the "holy city" (built by Alexander the Great who in the movie is supposed to have been a Freemason), a large statue that is little more then one giant Eye.

And so after Conery is proclaimed a God, Michael Cain urging him on saying that it's not an Affront to THE God because you're not taking him in vain lol...but so eventually Conery allows his one weakness (women), to betray him.

And so is mentioned that the Giang Eye statue is THE God above all others....Eye of providence, I thought that was really cool.

The movie shows many things, but so far I've concluded that it shows, power can lead to ruin even if you mean it for the best reasons, as Conery's character did.

In fact, that could be best represented as any Freemason who tried to change the world by changing others would fail, and indeed the only way Freemasonry has changed the world, is through the individual, hence why 2B1ASK1.

The other is that Brothers always stick together, which you'll get if you see the movie lol.

Over all the movie is EXCELLENT.

And a must see for all you conspiracy nuts out there lol

Another Masonic subtlety that you may not get, is the Purple robe (just the color).

Anyone who's seen the Movie, feel free to add comments on what you think it means or tells.

Oh another subtle thing in the movie is they DO do a masonic handshake but you'll never find where lol....this is a real subtle one

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Great movie, but didn't see any masons in it. Nup. Not one guy with a bowler hat, apron and one trouser leg rolled up. Maybe it was too subtle for me.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Wow Lexus, you SERIOUSLY didn't see any Masons in it?

Ok that brings up some things lol.

When I became a Mason I of course learned things to look for, so I guess it's really hard for me not to see how a non-mason can NOT see these blatantly obvious stuff.

But as someone said, "Freemasons can recognize eachother in the midst of profain and the profain would never know that the Masons had done anything."

But there are some obvious parts in it like, "They're Freemasons sir."...lol that stuff is pretty obvious.

Masons don't all where bowler hats. One of our WMs was a prussian so we gave him a Prussian Officer Helmet to wear lol.

Top hats are the most commonly used though, that was just a joke thing for a few times.

Our current WM has a bowler hat though, given to him by his daughters, because it matched his bald head

But it's a shame you missed all these masonic meanings I mean sheesh....the All Seeing Eye...it's all so obvious lol...I was afraid that the movie would give something away, but it changed certain things enough that it couldn't lol...just purely informational, like reading a book

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Yes that is a great movies.

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 05:18 AM
link   
2B1ASK1 & TMWWBK. What does it mean ? Are you coding your posts ?

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Freemason doesn't know what he's talking about yet again. Yet again he sees something with masonic meanings and pounces on them without really thinking them through.
Not the sign of a true mason I would say.

Rudyard Kipling was a freemason who believed in it's concepts. He was devout about his beliefs. He made this movie because he was able to use his knowledge of freemasonry to get his point across.

He wrote the movie to show that freemasonry is not the be all and end all. That man has the ultimate decision to guide his destiny.

He shows Connery and Caine as two freemasons who stray from the path of good and go on the quest for power. He makes them characters of weakness and greed. In the end they are killed because of these traits.

The movie doesn't glorify masonry. If anything it shows how man has to control his natural urges.

Finally, I have to admit that I'm baffled how anyone can watch this movie and not notice the references to masonry. Masonry is a big part of the story. It's how Kipling came to meet Connery and Caine in the first place. Out of all of the movies that I have seen, The Man Who Would Be King (there's your code UP:lol
has the most blatant references to masonry that I've ever come across.

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Those are good points Leveller, but last I checked they weren't certain that Kipling was a mason.

But whatever.

I too saw the movie, "That man there with the five and a half hat size has the makings of a hero!" is my favorite line.

However yes the movie does strike a similarity about how one should be wary to use circumscribe their passions with in due bounds.

However.

ELSFAW has just as good points.

Leveller I'd like to see where you even got your idea, because that's obviously not yours it's some pre-written report by someone else and you owe them credit.

I'm sick of seeing all these people write their ideas off as their own.

At least ELSFAW was thinking about what it "meant" from a completely outside view point.

You just spout off other people's work.

Also Leveller, I don't know if it's just a lapse of brain matter or what, but Rudyard Kippling never wrote ANY movie.

In fact he died about 40 years before the movie came out.

He wrote THE BOOK. Which is by far better, and has more allusions to masonry in it than the movie did, which they omitted because no one had a chance of getting, this I found on a movie site that discussed this particular movie. (Note how i label it off as someone elses idea).

[Edited on 3-6-2003 by TheWanderer]

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 02:41 AM
link   
It's funny Leveller, of all the people I read through here, you above most seem to feel you are on some "high and mighty horse".

Originally posted by ELSFAW
The movie shows many things, but so far I've concluded that it shows, power can lead to ruin even if you mean it for the best reasons, as Conery's character did.

Oh my god Leveller, what is that? As you have hither been uninformed I shall answer for you.

That looks like what you said in a whole post, summed up by the person you were talking about being "uninformed" in one sentence.

If I didn't know better you and ELFSAW, FREEMASON whatever his names are...just bash eachother at any chance.

You both are more like babies than Masons, maybe you should change your name too leveller, so you can stop disgracing the craft with your childish attitude.

*EDIT* I'll agree Conery's character started out as greed, but he did many good things, acting as a Judge. Much like King Solomon....if you even have a clue ast to who that is Leveller.

Sickening.

Why don't you two just get your damn act in line. Don't think I haven't seen your blatantly arrogant comments elsewhere either, pertaining to other people's ideas in this forums.

[Edited on 3-6-2003 by TheWanderer]

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Freemason is that you?

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 04:05 AM
link   
No Cassini I am not.

Though we both do seem to harbor a dislike for Leveller, but I see the faults in both of them so I'm sick of seeing Leveller taking the "high moral ground" when he's no better than Freemason.

You know Cassini there are many other Masons on this board, why don't you go ask if they are "him"...

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 06:19 AM
link   
well if you are n`t apologies, something definitely distinct about the tone though and then theres that signature you have and the way you write in exactly the same manner, but since I have no way of checking this I`ll have to believe you "if you are n`t apologies"

And leveller seems to rather silly in his opinions (IMHO) about things but at least he is n`t abusive.

and saying that TMWWBK is a freemasonary film seems to push the bounds of reality. I have had oppurtunity to watch it again and I am stumped to find a single masonic thing on it.

[Edited on 3-6-2003 by cassini]

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 03:10 AM
link   
hmm, I suppose at this point it would be most uncharitable to call you a liar....and to think I almost gave you a full apology.

" If I didn't know better you and ELFSAW, FREEMASON whatever his names are"

ROFLMAO

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
"No Cassini I am not."

Most uncharitable of me but I`m not gonna let it drop.

You are TMWWBK, well I can think of a few other things that suit you more but ever since I gave the game away I see you`ve been most quiet on this thread.

And talking in the third person went out with Ceaser...oh right sorry...

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I guess you just expect me to have no life and see everything you write because I spend 24 hours a day online like you huh?

Well sadly it's not the same between us.

Cassini if you can't find a single masonic thing in The Man Who Would be King. Then you are truly blind.

How about "the widow's son" and "on the square" as well as with "They're freemasons" and the symbol by which Danny's life is saved from certain death, when they wanted to stab him through the heart.

All these things being wholy masonic, show you to be very unaccepting of what doesn't go along with what you want to believe.

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
ahh thats the way I like it Ignore the fact that your a big fat liar and get straight down to the fact I`m wrong.

For anyone who forgot...

"If I didn't know better you and ELFSAW, FREEMASON whatever his names are...just bash eachother at any chance"

". Don't think I haven't seen your blatantly arrogant comments elsewhere either, pertaining to other people's ideas in this forums."

Oh sir we have seen yours
"posted on 3-6-2003 at 08:24 AM
Freemason is that you"
"No Cassini I am not"
"Though we both do seem to harbor a dislike for Leveller, but I see the faults in both of them so I'm sick of seeing Leveller taking the "high moral ground" when he's no better than Freemason."

I might not agree with him but at least he`s got a brain

"You know Cassini there are many other Masons on this board, why don't you go ask if they are "him"..."

Your just a little old sweetie pie are n`t you.

I saw Dragonrider challenged you to a debate, please accept, I need to see some FM blood letting

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 07:03 PM
link   
TheWanderer, you are doing nothing if you aren't provoking flaming contests with your not-so-subtle attacks.

Cease and desist.

If you aren't FM, you are certainly related to him spiritually. If you aren't FM, trust me, you don't want to have people thinking you are because this is what you'll find yourself lacking in this community:

Tic...tic...tic...tic...tic...

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well in regards to Dragonrider I U2Ued him my reply because I didn't want to make an ass of him in public, especially when it would so HORRIBLY detract from the topic at hand.

As for you you keep spouting off "ELSFAW" this and "Freemason" that...yet you have no proof neither will you ever have proof.

You sit there and act like a big baby, get a life.

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   
You might need to clarify to whom you are speaking, Wanderer.

Also, I believe I just warned you to tone it down in a nice way, and explained to you what your current attitude will earn you.

Does it need to be clearer? Stop making it your point to insult or you'll be asked to leave....again.

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
That was to Cassini TC, I hadn't read your thing yet.

But TC why don't you warn Cassini, he's even harrassing me in U2U, this is absurd.

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 08:21 PM
link   
From what I've read, you've come out swinging, and swinging first.

Those "warnings" are not thrown around like candy. It would be mature to assume that there is a reason for them and learn. Even rats don't go down the same dead-end path in a maze when looking for the cheese.

Tone it down a few notches, argue for your point and not against the other person and you'll be a very valuable to this community.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join