It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adorable 6 Year Old Sings Death Metal. This Is So Cool!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
6 Year Old Aaralyn Screams Her Original Song, "Zombie Skin" on America's Got Talent. She looks so cute and innocent, but even though she's only 6 she can scare the cr*p out of grown adults.

She looks like a princess, but sings like a heavy metal warrior! Brother and sister duo Aaralyn & Izzy sing their original song, "Zombie Skin."

I wonder how much we'll see from these two and what might come of this rare and new talent. He he he.

Edit to add, just realised THIS thread is my 5000th post. Yay!
edit on 30/6/2013 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
children today is weird..

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
as a metalhead I can appreciate the fact she's trying, it's cute.

I like the instrumental, I just don't like the unnecessary screaming, but there are parts of it I like as well.
In a couple years though when she is able to recognize this herself she will be Arch Enemy amazing..

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
That is fantastic! Holy crap. I really needed that. Those two sound great!

PS: A big middle finger to Miss "I have to be realistic."
edit on 30-6-2013 by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Holy Hell that was terrible!!

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
That was fantastic as well as adorable. Remember folks....

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Don't mean to come off as the child-hating Grinch here but that was truly awful to listen to.

Just my humble opinion.

That is not music nor is it talent. I can't pretend to like it just because she is little and cute. Just like our modern prop princesses who lack talent. This little one is no different.

And before any one flames me- just think about this: That is why I can't stand it when they have little 5 or 6 year old contestants on this show. If you speak up and say you don't care for their act, you're immediately evil and cruel for dashing the dreams of the little ones.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Nerbot, that was awesome.

If i had a daughter, i would want her to be just. like. that.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Don't mean to come off as the child-hating Grinch here but that was truly awful to listen to.

Just my humble opinion.

That is not music nor is it talent. I can't pretend to like it just because she is little and cute. Just like our modern prop princesses who lack talent. This little one is no different.

And before any one flames me- just think about this: That is why I can't stand it when they have little 5 or 6 year old contestants on this show. If you speak up and say you don't care for their act, you're immediately evil and cruel for dashing the dreams of the little ones.

Oh, i totally agree. I wouldn't pay to hear that.

But then again, there was a time I loved a song called "3 Little Pigs" by Green Jell-O (later changed to Green Jelly due to a lawsuit).

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Oh yeah, so cool that a six year old is screaming about being a zombie and that she's going to eat people. Way cool.
I actually like some death metal so it's not the music that appalls me. It's the fact that she is 6 years old and screaming about something really dark that appalls me.
edit on 1/7/13 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Love it or hate it, she's actually doing a pretty good job of it. Better than some who actually "sing" this way. I usually hate this stuff (but I like certain ones, like Dethklok). I actually liked hers, and found myself wanting to bang my head a bit...awesome stuff...(and I love how her outfit completely bamboozled me into expecting something like Over the Rainbow....).

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteAlice
Oh yeah, so cool that a six year old is screaming about being a zombie and that she's going to eat people. Way cool.
I actually like some death metal so it's not the music that appalls me. It's the fact that she is 6 years old and screaming about something really dark that appalls me.
edit on 1/7/13 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

Man. You would HATE my kids then.

One of them has the word "zombie" in every user name he has out there. Except for XBOX, where he uses names like "threenipsuzy" or "themagicalturd"

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I'm a mom, too, who has the Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z in my bookshelves, both my son and I have played L4D, L4D2 (which I personally thought was "meh" because it lost its dark and gritty feel), and I've play DayZ (stayed alive for a few hundred days til a hacker came onto the server I was on and nuked me). and I have plenty of zombie flicks in my DVD collection. You didn't mention how old your son is but mine didn't play any zombie games until he was a teen but he did read the Zombie Survival Guide at age 12. At age 6, his interests were Pokemon and Monster Rancher--not zombies and cannibalism. My daughter, at age 6, was drawing pictures up the wazoo of animals and nature scenes of her own volition (no Sixth Sense moment of "nobody has meetings about rainbows"). My kids are fairly normal kids albeit gifted. My son was afraid of skinwalkers when he was 6 (cultural thing). My daughter didn't like the dark. Those kind of fears are pretty typical (if you replace the skinwalker with another form of boogey man).

The age range of 4-6 is actually known as the "age of fears" where kids tend to have some pretty deep anxiety problems about things that may not be in reality--such as fear of monsters in the dark and so on. Here you have a 6 year old child who is screaming that she's a zombie that is going to eat people. First question I have is what has she been exposed to at age 6 where she feels like she needs to sing a song about being a zombie? Second question, on what planet is a little kid singing about cannibalism cute? Is that really a great thing to encourage in an impressionable 6 year old child? Last question, what makes a child in their age of fears feel the need to sing such dark songs? Makes me kind of wonder if she's doing it because that's the way she gets attention.

Overall, her eyes really bother me. I don't see a happy little girl in those eyes. I feel sorry for her.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

See, I thought it was a poor performance. Physically, she was not into it and simply stood there with a blank face screaming into the microphone.

Back when I did theater, we did an exercise where we had to be the beast from Beauty and the Beast. It was in order for us incorporate the voice, size, strength, and anger in our portrayal. If we just stood there and growled but didn't move or if we braced our form like a grizzly but spoke too softly, our instructor would tell us to remember to perform the entire package.

With this little girl, she mimics the metal voice but forgets everything else. But we can't be honest and go all Simon Cowell on her lest we get flamed.

You're right on the switcheroo, though. Thank goodness it wasn't yet another little darling belting out Over the Rainbow. That is THE staple song for little kids.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

My oldest is a senior at Tech (22). The youngest a HS freshman (15). The oldest is gay, and has never enjoyed the bloody stuff so much. Although he enjoys disturbing quite a bit (Human Centipede was a title I found left in the DVD player after he went home one weekend).

The youngest? LOL...he is something else. In 3rd grade he recieved a commended score on his standardized year end testing. But a note was attached regarding him using the word "numb nuts" to describe someone who was a moron in his writing story.

He sleeps with a machete under his bed in case of zombie attack in the night.

He is really a ham. He knows the difference between reality and fiction. He just enjoys playing up the fiction a little for his own personal entertainment.

At the age of 6 he was into Beyblades and muscle cars.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Well, she is 6.
Maybe I was just too shell-shocked to properly critique the performance. Going to have to dial it up on demand now, and rewatch. I do remember she stood there though.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

That doesn't worry you?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Except for the machete under the bed (!!), pretty normal teen behavior. My son and I used to evaluate the defensibility of the home we were living in in terms of surviving of a zombie apocalypse (place was perfect for such a thing as it sits on an acre on a mountain with lots of security features--this place, we agreed we're screwed and god forbid, I have a convertible
). He's 17 and will be a sophomore in college next year (accepted at 15 on a 2 year scholarship that covers everything). That's the atypical portion and why I noted that. His sister is likely to follow the same track because, at age 8, she was stunning people with her ability to discuss marketing, psychology, and why photoshopping in advertising is bad at levels that surpassed adults. So my kids are not very typical but until they open their mouths on a subject that shows their precocity, they are pretty typical kids in behavior 90% of the time. I think one of the real issues for me with this girl's performance is that, in my opinion, it is yet another example of Hollywood pushing for the acceleration of children into adult subjects. Btw, I find Toddlers and Tiaras to be just as abhorrent.

As a parent, I, for one, would never allow my kids on tv or to enter into the entertainment industry in any fashion until they were adults. Hollywood has a really terrible track record from Shirley Temple to the present in regards to how child stars turn out (Shirley turned out pretty darn good but read some interviews about her experiences as a child actor sometime--it's pretty sad). Regardless of what a celeb might say about the girl's awesomeness, I'm going to disagree simply because I don't think it's appropriate to place a child in that intense of a limelight. I'd still cringe if she was singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" even. Adults have suffered breakdowns from being under an equivalent intense gaze. If adults can't necessarily handle it, then the odds are, children are going to have a hard time with it as well. The fact that her performance was shocking and disturbing on some level is going to remain with her for the rest of her life. I find it doubly sad that people are simply reacting to the shock value without considering the little girl herself.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

That doesn't worry you?

Nope.

You would have to know my son. I have one, too. We bought them at the same time.

He also keeps his rifle (a Savage Arms 30.06) under his bed. I keep the ammo for that in the gun case....

I am deeply involved in his life. I wouldn't suppose that knowing me from here would give much insight into me as a person. But I am not known for making bad decisions either personally or professionally.

The "real" reason for a machete? Not really one. Since I sleep in the basement (my wife works nights and needs a dark cave to rest in), the upstairs is "defended" by him while we sleep. At 15 he is 6'3" tall and weighs in the neighborhood of 350. I pity any intruders that he meets in the hallway.

I have poured my heart and soul into him. Teaching him what personal responsibility means. That he should demand freedom ONLY after he can guarantee his own self control.

When we hunt, he carries his own side arm. A 9mm Ruger he earned the money for, and paid for himself. He has a dozen or so Spyderco and Benchmade knives that he has earned the money for and bought with his own money (they are in the $100-$500 range each). He takes such trust from me very seriously.

If my son showed signs of aggression...i might worry. But he doesn't. He shows the same stoic outlook on life that I have, and reminds me of me. To a "t".

That boy is more man that just about everyone else I know. He has never let me down, unlike most others. And I am deep inside his head.

Would I have trusted the older son that much? Not on your life.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

For where we are from, and who we are, his behavior is wholly normal.

In all honesty, my mom has rental properties. Since she has gotten older and moved in with us, we typically tend to her properties. When we first started taking over for her, we had to evict some rather unsavory fellows. Thus, we now make prospective tenants pay for a criminal background check.

The machete started off as a "just in case" defense in case one of the felons we evicted tried to seek recourse. Since then we have just reclassed it as a zombie fighting weapon.

I don't dial 911. Not until I need the hearse. Being close to the border, we have had a few home invasion stories over the past 3 years or so.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join