It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Supporters Asked Same Questions That Resulted in Infamous Beauty Pageant Answers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Sorry but I have no idea where this belongs. Many will say it's serious and belongs here while many will say Joke Forum.

I leave it up to you Mods.

So what happens when Obama supporters are asked the EXACT same questions as Miss America Contestants?

And here it is side by side:

Scary huh?

Sad state of affairs my friends.

Peace

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Recent polls show 1/5 of Americans can't show where America is on a world map?

Answer: because they are too busy tweeting?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It is VERY scary!

It sucks, but any idiot who is an American citizen and over the age of 18 (except convicted felons) are guaranteed the right to vote for whoever they want, regardless of how ignorant they are. Unfortunately it sucks that the women chosen each year to represent our country as Miss America usually don't possess the intelligence of a candied yam either.

I would have loved to hear ANY of them (Obama supporters as well as beauty pageant contestants) bring up the toll of standardized testing on our educational system that teaches to the test and omits important subjects- such as geography- as why so many Americans cannot identify the US on a world map.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Funny.

But I am sure that he had to interview 1000 people for every 1 complete moron he spoke to.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay
Funny.

But I am sure that he had to interview 1000 people for every 1 complete moron he spoke to.

Maybe half were just incomplete morons?

Peace

edit on 30-6-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'm not sure what the point of this video was other than an attempt to make Obama supporters look stupid. Of course, the youtube poster had the opportunity to edit this video to show anything he wanted, and could have simply removed any intelligent answers he received. He also chose questions for which there really are no good sounding simple answers, then put people on the spot in asking for answers to them.

Why don't 1/5 people know where the US is on a map, eh...
Maybe because they are uneducated enough to believe stuff like in this video...
Poor attempt at trying to slander a group of people based on their political leaning...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I'm not sure what the point of this video was other than an attempt to make Obama supporters look stupid.

Of course that's the point!

And if anyone believes that the vid wasn't edited to push the agenda, well they might be in the same camp.

But I have to say that the video isn't needed to attain this at all.

Peace

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

I gotta say I really don't believe that.
When I was in grade school we had to know every state and all of their Capitols.

We had to know continents, oceans and many of the major countries.

One in five Americans can't find the US on a map?

Hell! 30 million illegals found the us on foot!

Where were they taking this poll? In a blackout?

I can't believe that statistic is any where near accurate.

Nope.

edit on 30-6-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Believe what?

Americans are 'intellectually challenged' for the most part in this country?

Truth.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Wow. I had no idea that the average Obama supporter was sooooo stupid. If only the brilliant geniuses who supported Romney outnumbered the dumb ones. Boy, the world would be soooo much better.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by jude11

Wow. I had no idea that the average Obama supporter was sooooo stupid. If only the brilliant geniuses who supported Romney outnumbered the dumb ones. Boy, the world would be soooo much better.

Ok, you win.

Funnier than my OP.

Peace

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Americans and landmarks....

edit on 30-6-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Originally posted by neo96

I gotta say I really don't believe that.
When I was in grade school we had to know every state and all of their Capitols.

We had to know continents, oceans and many of the major countries.

One in five Americans can't find the US on a map?

Hell! 30 million illegals found the us on foot!

Where were they taking this poll? In a blackout?

I can't believe that statistic is any where near accurate.

Nope.

edit on 30-6-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

It would definitely have to do with the polled group and in this case, it worked. Like all polls of course, you can achieve the desired numbers if you taint the pool.

Peace

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I can't tell if I'm seeing a coincidence or a trend. Last week, SkepticOverlord came down hard on a thread based on an e-mail that claimed to be from Jeff Foxworthy, but wasn't. It was in the Foxworthy style, and fooled some people. That thread also posted some humorous attacks on the "Left."

And now yours.

I don't recall similar objections to threads with nearly identical videos showing Americans, "Rednecks," or Canadians as similarly ignorant.

I'm not sure what the point of this video was other than an attempt to make Obama supporters look stupid.
As such, it joins a nearly infinite list of OPs with no other purpose than to make the following look stupid:
Jews, Christians, Muslims, Atheists, Republicans, Democrats, Environmentalists, Monsanto, and on and on. Your objection is valid, but it's similar to saying "this patch of sand from the Sahara is really dry."

This was not intended to be a scientific poll, any more than Jay Leno's "Man in the Street" interviews.

He also chose questions for which there really are no good sounding simple answers, then put people on the spot in asking for answers to them.
if I recall correctly, that was identical to the situation for the pageant contestants, with the addition of cameras, an audience of millions, and bright lights. They were criticized for their answers, so . . .

Why don't 1/5 people know where the US is on a map, eh...
Maybe because they are uneducated enough to believe stuff like in this video...
If I really wanted to fan the flames, I would ask "How did our educational system get so fouled up, and who is resisting vouchers?"

Poor attempt at trying to slander a group of people based on their political leaning...
As I said before, that's the bread and butter for ATS. I'm surprised by the sudden concern from management. Coincidence, or conspiracy? (Cue The Twilight Zone theme.)

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Its my personal opinion hence the fact that its posted in “mod tags”.
Not everything is a big conspiracy, and moderators are also allowed to have opinions and post on topics.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
what is the point to this video anyway? does it make you feel smart?
Be real people would have no problem showing how smart your not .
So to all you people who are so much smarter then these people in the video .
Answer this question ((why does a football have the string. )) Ps lets see just how dumb americans are
i dont even like sports and yet knew this from my early teens.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Coincidence?

I just starzed a thread about americans not knowing what 4th july is about.
It s not a rep/democrat issue it just looks like it s not the brightest bulbs in the ole us

www.abovetopsecret.com...

To be fair, i guess you can do similar interviews with similar results in other countries. But still.

new topics

top topics

join