It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ecuador nixes trade deal, offers US cash for 'education about human rights'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Now, I did a search and didn't see this. A friend pointed it out to me and I just loved Ecuador's chutzpah.

Ec uador nixes trade deal, offers US cash for "education about human rights"

So, the United States threatened to pull financial aid worth $23 million, linked to an expiring trade agreement, from Ecuador if they even consider granting Edward Snowden asylum. In response, Ecuador cancelled the trade agreement and offered to give the United States another $23 million to be used in providing education pertaining to human rights.

Ok Ecuador, you're moving up with Iceland in my level of respect.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Mountainmeg

Oooh man.... This article is pure gold!

America the 4th reich getting schooled.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
That is just awesome. More and more these days I think it would best to move to a Iceland or Ecuador.

Probably got on a list for saying that but its the truth

It sounds like the US is in some form trying to buy out a country to do its bidding. Not saying bribery or extortion. Though in the simplest way, that is a valid conclusion considering the relationship between the US and other countries that won't roll over.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

It was discussed in another thread already, it was in the ATS front page. Confess, you didn't use the search engine.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

It was discussed in another thread already, it was in the ATS front page. Confess, you didn't use the search engine.

I used the Samuru search bar, right there on the top right of the page. Did the search three different ways. But, by all means, call me a liar.

Probably missed it's front-page worthiness because this is the first day I've been on ATS in awhile.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mountainmeg

Originally posted by Trueman

I used the Samuru search bar, right there on the top right of the page. Did the search three different ways. But, by all means, call me a liar.

Probably missed it's front-page worthiness because this is the first day I've been on ATS in awhile.

I know...., that Samuru thing sucks. Maybe it's part of a conspiracy.

new topics

top topics

join