Crowds march in Egypt, pushing for Morsi removal

page: 1

join

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

(Yahoonews.com)-CAIRO (AP) — Hundreds of thousands of opponents of Egypt's Islamist president poured onto the streets in Cairo and across much of the nation Sunday, launching an all-out push to force Mohammed Morsi from office on the one-year anniversary of his inauguration. Fears of violence were high, with Morsi's Islamist supporters vowing to defend him.

Nationwide, the rallies were among the most gigantic Egypt has seen in nearly 2 ½ years of continuous upheaval, including during the square-packing, 18-day uprising that toppled autocrat Hosni Mubarak in early 2011.

news.yahoo.com...

Live streaming here
www.ustream.tv...
&
www.ustream.tv...
edit on 30-6-2013 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

we (they) will always end up with the same bs . not until regular people like u or me come into office . but that will never happen now will it . elect a politician cut from the same cloth as the rest well this is what we all get .

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
um, wow.
blink blink. what the heck. they are throwing rocks at the muslim brotherhood building? aren't egyptians mostly muslim? what's happening there?

edit on 30-6-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Everyting is hard to do the first time around.

The second time it much earyer hope they keep doing it until the right one is in office

Only time will tell

I think it about time we start doing the same thing on this side of the ocean.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Morsi is an American agent.

And at least Obama's priority is to protect the U.S. Embassy (this time)

President Barack Obama says the United States is concerned about protests and political unrest in Egypt. He says the top priority is making sure the U.S. Embassy in Cairo and American consulates are safe.
Obama: US Working to Protect Embassy in Cairo

(
)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
morsi's muslim brotherhood headquarters has been broken into and ransacked as part of the civil unrest in egypt. there are only 2 threads on ats about this new unrest, and only a handful of posters between them. this is a bizarre situation, which would normally result in a large amount of posters commenting on it. yet it's really quite low key here on the subject. oddly so. i'm beginning to wonder what our demographics are here.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I read there was reports of 14 million protesters over all of Egypt at one point.This is gonna be a civil war.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
morsi's muslim brotherhood headquarters has been broken into and ransacked as part of the civil unrest in egypt. there are only 2 threads on ats about this new unrest, and only a handful of posters between them. this is a bizarre situation, which would normally result in a large amount of posters commenting on it. yet it's really quite low key here on the subject. oddly so. i'm beginning to wonder what our demographics are here.

I think it is because the news media in the U.S. has shut up about it.Mainly CNN.I also find it weird how nothing has been said about this on this website and it is even worse than it was the first time around.
edit on 1-7-2013 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
according to the info, only 10% of the egyptian population voted in the election and morsi won with 52% of the votes. that means he was elected by 5% of the population. no wonder they are having problems.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Maybe people are bored with all of the bull crap coming out of the middle east.. People are bored with Egypt, don't care anymore. Let them rip each other apart, none of America's business.. No one cares anymore about Egypt, let them destroy the pyramids, the sphincter, and all the other history.. Burn it to the ground, who cares anymore.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
it's a newsworthy event of epic proportions. for the first time in its history, egypt has an elected president. that all by itself, makes this important. to top it off, it's a huge, ongoing experiment as regards the melding of a particular religion and government, which is attempting to rule a mixed population. what happens in a country with so many different religious/non-religious viewpoints, when the elected president leans so heavily to one particular faith. these are all burgeoning, global issues and it would seem to me, of great import.

you mean to tell me this doesn't interest you at all?

edit on 1-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Obama Banners in Tahrir Square

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I agree there's a 'loud' silence on ATS.

This subject should have dozens of pages by now.

I wonder why people a keeping quiet now?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

I agree there's a 'loud' silence on ATS.

This subject should have dozens of pages by now.

I wonder why people a keeping quiet now?

Because we're ignorant of the facts and don't even know the entire story yet.

I could comment all day on this topic but I wouldn't actually know what i'm talking about.

I've never been to Egypt and probably never will.

Plus everything I could say has already been said before as that info is just making it's way to me now.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
One thing I'm curious about is WHO is behind the protests ?

We know the protests are apparently anti Muslim Brotherhood.

We know also that The Obama Administration has hosted visits from their representatives.

Hmmm.

We also know Morsi earned a PHd degree in the U.S. at USC and may have relatives still in California.

Morsi was also a professor at some college in California.

Some say He was 'recruited' by the CIA.

There must be a connection somewhere.

WHO stands to benefit from an overthrow of Morsi ?

The U.S. ?

Israel ?

International Banking and Corporations ?

Commies ?

What gives.

WHO is 'sponsoring' this ?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Well when all you see from the brotherhood is them giving higher up positions to supporters and not addressing any of the problems while saying we just got here we are solving problems left over from the guy before us.

It's just a excuse, they want answers and results or they want someone else who can do it, I could relate the same to be done here, but to get that many americans to march you'd have to say American Idol and The Voice were going to be canceled and no ice cream on fridays and hot days, mess with our food and entertainment and we'll start a war.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool

I think it is because the news media in the U.S. has shut up about it.Mainly CNN.I also find it weird how nothing has been said about this on this website and it is even worse than it was the first time around.
edit on 1-7-2013 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

The 'media' certainly IS taking a different 'reporting' approach this time !!

The generally left and right leaning sources seem very neutral this time.

The last time (Arab Spring) had so many opinions and correlations.

That goes for the more recent protests in other countries as well (Turkey, Brazil, etc.)

Something is going to pop soon.........the 'quieter' sensationalisms usually end up being the 'loudest'.

Somebody is sponsoring all this.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Can anyone confirm this;

Now Obama Using Troops To Prop Up Cairo's Islamofascists

Foreign Policy: In the latest twist in our upside-down war on terror, President Obama withdraws troops fighting terrorists in Afghanistan and sends others to Egypt to protect a regime that supports terrorists.

According to reports, the commander-in-chief is deploying a riot-control unit from Fort Hood to Egypt to help the Islamofascist regime there repel its own citizens protesting increasing human-rights violations.

400 US troops to deploy to Egypt

More than 400 US soldiers are preparing for their deployment to Egypt in anticipation of violent protests, riots, and the possibility of having to protect the country’s border with Israel.

Training at Fort Hood for a nine-month deployment in the “near future” concluded on June 20, KCEN-TV reports, noting that the soldiers encountered Molotov cocktails and “other dangerous items” in their training.

“Just what I’ve seen over the course of the past week, this unit is already far more ready for this type of threat than we were last week,” Lt. Matthew Wilkinson told the television station. According to KDH News, the training lasted about six months.

????????

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Actually It's already over in Egypt most of the government resigned
MB headquarter are burned down, MB and Freedom And Justice party offices in all cities are either burned or occupied
it's all over US administration can't do nothing about it, it happened really fast they thought they had time

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Leaked Military Helicopter Video Shows Cairo mass protests 30 June

edit on 2-7-2013 by EgypT3r because: (no reason given)
edit on 2-7-2013 by EgypT3r because: 12:31 Full Video

new topics
top topics

join