It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message to the President on Independence Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

For Independence Day, the answer to the question "What Is America?". It seems as though our President and some of our fellow citizens have forgotten.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LibertysTeeth

American Independence.
An experiment that is now going badly wrong.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

This video sums it up

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Yep....The founding fathers will be turning in their graves. Freedom!!!...yer having a laugh.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Thanks for the video.

This Country is larger than one man or a group of people.

The light of Freedom still shines bright.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
America is the place that freedom,hopes,dreams,aspirations,liberties go to die.

Americans really wanted to celebrate Independence day they would throw off that tyannical government they have such a slobbering love affair with.

Instead they will partake in some cheap beer, eat some unhealthy food light off a bunch of fireworks under the delusions of grandeur.

A-m-e-r-i-c- a Land of when it's time to put up or shut up off to reality tv.
edit on 30-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
America is the place that freedom,hopes,dreams,aspirations,liberties go to die.

Americans really wanted to celebrate Independence day they would throw off that tyannical government they have such a slobbering love affair with.

Instead they will partake in some cheap beer, eat some unhealthy food light off a bunch of fireworks under the delusions of grandeur.

A-m-e-r-i-c- a Land of when it's time to put up or shut up off to reality tv.

Yes, absolutely true...all but for 3% of us.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LibertysTeeth

It seems as though our President and some of our fellow citizens have forgotten. (what IS America)

Wrong.... Øbama, the man in the oval office, is trained and schooled to 'change America'...
he and the 51% of the voters are intent on 'gaming' the systems of America...

he did it for free schooling, 'upward mobility' preferential treatment based on his skin colour and Muslim upbringing... the foolish voters want the bread-&-circuses in the form of FREE Obama-Phones
and (as they were misinformed) FREE Obama-Care health Care for life...

pie-in-the-sky America is gone... along with any Mayberry RFD kind of life & home, society

IT (the govt and society) is all becoming a snake-pit very quickly, the textbook
America before the 1960s is relegated to the realm of fantasy, legend, folklore... an academic exercise only

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
No it isn't they just want you think it is.Just like the convinced us they weren't lying they are telling you America is over so they can have it,when they do I'll be dead.
They can't have it,I suggest you make more of an effort not to surrender so quickly and give it to them.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

America was forged in fire tempered by steel humbled by the divine we have become shells of our former selves.

Europeans landed on Plymouth Rock fought their way through hardships just like all Americans who come after them.

That struggle is a part of who we are, and what we have always been. That struggle is what defines us. Through adversity builds character something severely lacking anymore.

Americans never run from their problems we fight through them we persevere,
We over come, and some snake oil salesman selling 'miracle cures' is the embodiiment of what we have never been.

It is an absolute crying shame that is what we have become.

That is my message to the president on 'Independence day'

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

America was forged in fire tempered by steel humbled by the divine we have become shells of our former selves.

Europeans landed on Plymouth Rock fought their way through hardships just like all Americans who come after them.

That struggle is a part of who we are, and what we have always been. That struggle is what defines us. Through adversity builds character something severely lacking anymore.

Americans never run from their problems we fight through them we persevere,
We over come, and some snake oil salesman selling 'miracle cures' is the embodiiment of what we have never been.

It is an absolute crying shame that is what we have become.

That is my message to the president on 'Independence day'

We have two choices. Wait it out until the collapse and survive through it to start over or start over now.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It seems like a cynical and negative message to a President.

I was just becoming quite impressed with the performance of President Obama in South Africa.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do people really think Obama will declare himself President for life and destroy the American republic?

OK, it's always good to remind those in power of the core beliefs of their countries and their constituencies.
But doesn't it become a tad ridiculous and go a bit far if there's an implication that a democratically leader is just a dictator?

I mean we're always going to have Presidents.

Maybe that wasn't the point, but I'm just wondering what it all means.

I wish the US and SA could swop Presidents.
Maybe in future that should be allowed for a month, and countries can exchange leaders, just to see how good or crappy they really have it.
edit on 30-6-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
We were warned about everything that's going on in this country when Obama was running for office in '08, he made it no secret. He said numerous times that he wanted to "fundamentally transform America" and when I saw how many people cheered him and fell at his feet I knew that we were in serious trouble and everything would soon turn to FUBAR.

The entire pretext of his statement of "fundamental" change means just what it says, to transform America at a fundamental or core level.

fun·da·men·tal (fnd-mntl)
adj.
a. Of or relating to the foundation or base; elementary: the fundamental laws of the universe.
b. Forming or serving as an essential component of a system or structure; central: an example that was fundamental to the argument.
c. Of great significance or entailing major change: a book that underwent fundamental revision.

Obama told us while campaigning that he was going to transform America from our core founding principles up, and that is exactly what he is doing. Obama and his handlers such as Soros, the Bilderbergs, and the rest of those that operate behind the scenes want to transform America from a nation of individual freedom, sovereignty, and accomplishments to a totalitarian state of endless dependence upon government.

Personally I think that the best thing we could do on July 4th to honor all our founders sacrificed to give us and all that so many have died on battlefields to defend, would be to issue a proclamation to those in DC and let the revolution begin. It wont happen though because people will not put their differences aside and come together to save liberty and freedom until they are too enslaved and lack the liberty to fight for it.

However I am often called an extremist, and that is fine. I am extremely serious about my liberty and the future of this nation that will be handed down to my children.
edit on 30-6-2013 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I just cannot believe the number of people who have completely lost hope in the country. Not just here, mind you, the same sentiments are everywhere.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I sent a E-MAIL message to the President. NSA will pass to him .

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
So I guess all this "transforming of America"
didn't count or no one was paying attention
when the legalities were drawn up and implemented
6 years prior by Bush Cheney?

So if it's a conservative white administration
that's spying on its citizens and waging
war that's ok apparently.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong

American Independence.

Now? Look at American history. Unless you were a wealthy white male the founding fathers did not really include you in the great American experiment. In our past you were not a whole person if you were not white, women had no rights, you could be arrested for sedition for saying bad things about the Gov., you could be denied the right to have a gun in towns or based on race, you could be put in a camp based on your racial background etc. People have no idea they have more rights and freedoms now that any other time in our nations history. They do not know this because they do not know our history outside of some fantasy they have about how it used to be. It used to be bad. Very bad for some people.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Originally posted by alldaylong

American Independence.

Now? Look at American history. Unless you were a wealthy white male the founding fathers did not really include you in the great American experiment. In our past you were not a whole person if you were not white, women had no rights, you could be arrested for sedition for saying bad things about the Gov., you could be denied the right to have a gun in towns or based on race, you could be put in a camp based on your racial background etc. People have no idea they have more rights and freedoms now that any other time in our nations history. They do not know this because they do not know our history outside of some fantasy they have about how it used to be. It used to be bad. Very bad for some people.

I am not an American. There is a line in your national anthem that says:-

, O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

The land of the free? The NSA have scrubbed that out.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

It looks hopeless, yet there is still hope.
None want to believe, yet some will stand steadfast.
And in a few of us, there is the "Can do" attitude of the past generations that still survives.
And if even with the smallest amount of hope, then all is not lost.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by laughingdog

It looks hopeless, yet there is still hope.
None want to believe, yet some will stand steadfast.
And in a few of us, there is the "Can do" attitude of the past generations that still survives.
And if even with the smallest amount of hope, then all is not lost.
And I ain't talking about hope & change either!

new topics

top topics

join