It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to simply dislike homosexual behavior without being labeled a homophobe?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

of course I understand the difference. My comment was pure sarcasm. My point is, no one cares about hetero relations, so why should we care to about homo relations? Why do they need a parade for it? Makes no sense. In fact hetero or homo, if I see a couple making out on the bus, train, sidewalk, I'll say "get a room"

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

here here! I agree. Simple public affection is alright but to be overtly sexual in settings is awkward for those forced to endure it.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I don't have a problem with homosexuals as long as they know how to act civilized. Organizing gay pride orgy festivals and swinging dildos around at broad daylight infront of thousands of people is not something to be proud about. That belongs to the 4 walls of the bedroom. Same goes for heterosexuals...

[SNIP]

edit on 1-7-2013 by Gemwolf because: Removed rude cartoon

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
thats hilarious. i believe the one siding with you could have been attracted to you' think about it. its only homophoba if you dont like them in any context.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
No you are not homophobic. Homosexuality is completely unnatural so naturally the first reaction to it is abhorrence.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

I dont know which to be more outraged by, you said gay black man, you racist homophobic.

It doesnt matter he is your best friend or that your wife loves him or that he was your best man, what matters is that you have found a token black and gay person to roll out in all eventualities. Is he an ex drug user, once homeless, misunderstood youth or not allowed to fly fighter jets cos he is too tall..

Can I borrow him he sounds priceless the big girls blouse....

You are making up as you go along....

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Lacerta

Nice artwork!!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamSirDrinksalot
reply to post by Lacerta

Nice artwork!!

Is that what the haters are calling art these days? Looks like something passed around grade school by the bullies to tease some kid who happens to be different from them.

Funny how Lacerta complains about tasteless people and then post this complete trashy tasteless filth. Thats the kettle calling the pot black.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
The problem in the thread name is the word dislike, it's a strong word suggesting division which when used says that you have an issue with a person or problem. Me personally I'm not what is classed as gay, I have male friends who I like but I have no sexual attraction to males, I'm married to a lovely lady and have a beautiful clever daughter and I'm fine that way, but because that is my 'way' it does not mean I disapprove of same sex love of physical sex, its a choice they made that makes them have the same feeling as me which is totally normal and the way it should be.

I'm all for love, while we do that we are not hating, there's not enough care in the world, its all blood and guts, if people cared more it might just work better.

But as said the issue is the word dislike, same sex relations go against natural evolution but it does not mean its an incorrect way of life, it just means life evolves in a different way, gay people can still have and bring up children via other options, their lifestyle does not make them bad parents any more than man and woman couple, its the way they lead their life that defines their parenting ability. A party animal drunk or druggy is the same in any relationship, it has no sexual boundaries, those that just seek to be good parents come from all walks of life.

So you can chose not to follow a gay / lesbian lifestyle but to dislike it simply implies you as person have a real deep issue with it, thus can be labelled a homophobe.

At the end of the day you either co exist or you dislike and remember dislike can turn to hate very quickly.
edit on 1-7-2013 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Paschar0

@ Op...IMo, Absolutely it is!!

I *detest* fairy/queen behavior too...in fact it sh*ts me! But it's the behavior I don't like..not the fact a person might be sleeping with the same gender....and I wouldn't seek to politically legally spiritually or morally harm them or discriminate or think them less than human because they choose to act that way..I just don't have to sit with them..or be around them..I choose my proximity..and if I don't like it, where I can, I move or suck it up a while until I can. To me its a matter of personal preference and self responsibility.
Fairy/queen behavior isn't automatically indicative of a "gay" behavior tho ..I know many feminine guys straight as planks who do it...and before anyone jumps on me..I lived with a queen for 2 years and tried to understand....I really tried..lol...but no..today I go ' hell no' and walk the other direction...I so don't need or want the drama lamas in my life today....a choice..a personal preference based in love, not hate, based on live and let live, my own experience and a desire for self preservation, its not a homophobic position.

Ro
edit on 1-7-2013 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
"without being LABELED a homophobe"..?
answer: NO

It's like talking about Zionism... you will be labeled an anti-semite, even though you're not.

It's used to make you SHUT UP. It's a shill tactic.
It must be stopped!
Free speech and freedom goes both ways.
Not just for one side.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

I share your view on the subject, its the excessive externalization that affects me and it is not particular to homosexuality but any overtly confrontational or excessive behavior.

Now in the same line (but not the same) I am also adamantly against open promotion of feminine behavior on men and the reverse, to a point I feel even repulsion from it, even when those expressing it are not even gay.

I accept that it is an acculturation problem but I also feel that the over-representation and to a point disconnected to general reality of gayness and gay issues creates a backlash this is in large part this also is aligned with a marketing interest, the metro-sexual concept and other fashion interests have created a real mess of human sexuality Like kids when you force them to eat something that they don't like, the effect builds up into active resistance...

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
There is nothing wrong with disapproving of obnoxious behavior,
it is not the same thing as choosing to dislike someone simply
because they are of one sexual orientation or another, there are
allot of folks that i dislike because of their behavior but i honestly
couldn't tell you their sexual orientation, doesn't matter to me, they
were jerks, i would actually go so far as to say that not letting it
bother you simply because you fear to be labeled would actually
be more of a discrimination than the other way, discrimination
goes both ways, if someone is being a jerk then that's what you
should dislike.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe

Originally posted by Minus
No its absolutely NOT possible.

You will be hunted down by the gay community as they try to convince you to like them OR at least understand and accept them, OR just maybe they will say how screwed up you are not liking them - they are like a raging band of mosqitoes at your BBQ.

for some odd reason its OK to be gay, but NOT OK to dislike them

I am like you also BORN to dislike gays

edit on 30-6-2013 by Minus because: i can

Why would you be BORN to dislike gays? Seriously, you are just another homophobe hiding behind an excuse.

Well i have to accept the some men are BORN to be gay, why cant you accept i was born to dislike gays?
its not actually something i choose for myself, its deep inside my genome and im must live with that every day.
edit on 1-7-2013 by Minus because: i can

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

When you say you are repulsed by homosexual behavior. Do you think about gay sex?

Don't have to think about it when you've got two so called 'men' playing tonsil hockey in public. It's repulsive.

Like a few others? I was born to have a negative reaction to homosexuals. Am I a 'phobe? Nope. Though I will add - what their 'movement' has done to the USA cannot now be undone. It's nothing short of treason in my book.

My opinion and I could care less who likes it or not - so - trolls, don't waste your time replying.

peace

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Personally, I couldn't care less how repulsed, disgusted, in disagreement, disliking, or even outright hateful one feels toward another human being for any reason, including their sexuality or outward behavior. Of course, I'd prefer it if everyone could be tolerant and compassionate, but that's up to the individual (and actually, a fair point has been raised in this topic that certain internal responses to such differences may very well be inborn.) So long as those feelings and opinions are not used as justification for the curtailing of their constitutional and civil rights.

Everyone can feel and think and speak as they wish as far as I'm concerned. And others can disagree with them all they want. But the line in the sand is when those beliefs, feelings, and words are used as justification to trample another person's freedoms.

Peace.
edit on 7/1/2013 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I completely agree and i think that "people" who act in such a way are simply trying to provoke homophobic reactions.

Some one in a cue in front of me behaving in a loud obnoxious manner, regardless of their sexuality is inconsiderate and rude.

You are perfectly within your rights, which is highlighted by the end of your story, when you are given the chance to explain why you dislike it or find it offensive - everything was actually fine.

Im not fond of screaming kids in supermarkets, i dont hate all kids nor hold a grudge. Its the same thing in my book.
edit on 1-7-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
you openly passed judgment so in turn gave them the right to reply to you and yes you can hate/dislike anything you choose to hate/dislike to your hearts desire but the very second you vocalize whatever you decide to remark about that's when you open yourself up to allow anyone who want's to give you a rebuttal about the topic. anyway.. that's my 2 cents.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Based on your title, I was going to say no.

But after reading the post. Yes.

There's some very annoying gay men, and im not sure you're actually just disliking gay people but just disliking very annoying gay behavior.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join