It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to simply dislike homosexual behavior without being labeled a homophobe?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
Yup it's just about that time of year again. So where's my hetero parade? I wanna dress up in a business suit or construction outfit and mack on my girl publicly while shooting water guns.
edit on 30-6-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

Go for it,no one will say a thing, do you understand the difference?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Indeed, Brazil has a Straight Parade, and correct me if i'm wrong, no one says anything about 'Straight Behavior' in public, holding hands, dating, kissing, hugging, flirting,

what i'm trying to say is that 1 you can't yell for freedom and than try to suppress the freedoms of others, and 2 'gay' is not a behavior

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zack241
I have always thought that people blindly support the gay pride thingamajig.. Honestly, why should we support every single gay person out there? Why should we support the obnoxious gays as well and not JUST the ones who are constantly bullied etc and actually NEED our help?

Some of us do support those of all persuasions.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe

I have always thought that people blindly support the gay pride thingamajig.. Honestly, why should we support every single gay person out there? Why should we support the obnoxious gays as well and not JUST the ones who are constantly bullied etc and actually NEED our help?

lol, no. Its okay, sometimes its just easier to give into the PC brainwashing rather than use your brain.
Clearly you thought that this statement makes you look nice an PC but its just stupid. All persuasions, really? Child molesters and pedophiles ? You support them? Is pedophilia a choice?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
Yup it's just about that time of year again. So where's my hetero parade? I wanna dress up in a business suit or construction outfit and mack on my girl publicly while shooting water guns.
edit on 30-6-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

Construction outfit? Oh yeah and you can dress up like police, bikers and native americans- my how hetero of an idea

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
My best friend in the world is a 6'4" gay black man. We have traveled together, roomed together, etc. My wife loves him, he was my best man when we got married. Him being gay, never once affected our relationship as my friend. You homophobic byatches just seriously need to get over this, what part of this don't you understand? People are born gay, and they do not deserve to be discriminated against.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

lol, no. Its okay, sometimes its just easier to give into the PC brainwashing rather than use your brain.
Clearly you thought that this statement makes you look nice an PC but its just stupid. All persuasions, really? Child molesters and pedophiles ? You support them? Is pedophilia a choice?

Homosexuality and pedophilia have no connection. You are just another uninformed individual that tries to tie them together to support your homophobia.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Homosexuality and pedophilia have no connection. You are just another uninformed individual that tries to tie them together to support your homophobia.

no no no, don't try to back peddle your way out of that pile of stupid you just stepped into. You clearly said "Some of us do support those of all persuasions." and as i pointed out it was a very stupid thing to say. I never said that kiddy fiddlers have a connection to the gays. YOU said support ALL persuasions, you said this because you thought it would make you look good. Don't try to twist my words, i was very clear in what i said as were you. You just said it kind of stupid and i pointed it out, get over it.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
What do you call someone like myself, who is gay but does not particularly like men who are over the top flamboyant?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by memedoug
What do you call someone like myself, who is gay but does not particularly like men who are over the top flamboyant?

Gay...
I like wymynz but i don't like the super girly ones, does not make me any less straight...

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Gay...
I like wymynz but i don't like the super girly ones, does not make me any less straight...

Exactly

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Gay...

Exactly

But there was this bearded woman one time and i thought she was super hot, like i would totally hit it and tell my friends about it- wouldn't even feel weird. I think im still straight, but what if i did sex to men but didn't really like it?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
No not at all.

I don't not not accept homosexuals in their sexual preference.

Gay people can be flamboyant whores just as much as straight people can be.

And I do not like either.

A round of beers go out to all sensible straight people and gay people who have sensibility, and class!

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RothchildRancor
No not at all.

I don't not not accept homosexuals in their sexual preference.

Gay people can be flamboyant whores just as much as straight people can be.

And I do not like either.

A round of beers go out to all sensible straight people and gay people who have sensibility, and class!

Sorry, but im interested. What is a straight male flamboyant whore?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Paschar0

I think I know where you're coming from and I'd agree with you - the overtly flamboyant, loud, obnoxious (exceedingly campy?) behaviour you can get from certain sections of the Gay community gets on my tits and it would if a straight guy behaved in such a way.

If you are Gay, however, it does not bother me.

I have a couple of Gay friends and without knowing it, you wouldn't as they don't ponce about or act in the stereotypical "super-Gay" way. I have never understood why some Gay men choose to play up to the stereotype and go all Liberace

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Paschar0

Last year my wife and I were invited to attend a wedding reception of two lesbians. It was our first experience attending such an event. We both new the family of the daughter who was getting married. We both attended the event with an open mind.

Too put it bluntly, the event really kind of disgusted us. Everything was fine up until all their lesbian friends got on the dance floor. The amount of groping that was done on the dance floor was really over the top. If heterosexuals behaved like that on the dance floor, people would be yelling at them to get a room. What really surprised us was that all of them were doing it!

The entire event just didn't sit well with us. There were young children in attendance, yet there was no attempt to take their distasteful behavior into consideration. I can accept their sexual preference, but don't go flaunting your sexual urges in public places. It's obscene when heterosexuals do it, and it shouldn't be any different for the gay community.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
No, you're not a homophobe and I chuckled a little at the part when one of the other group defended you. Although I'm straight, I've actually had a whole lot of friends that were part of the LGBT community and some of them really hate the stereotype "affectations" as they called it. Being gay doesn't necessarily mean suddenly acquiring a lisp, running around in chaps or moving your hand around like it's broken at the wrist. These friends didn't see how these particular affectations had anything to do with their sexual orientation. My son's godfather (gay) would go on some pretty epic rants when he encountered the super flamboyant type. They irritated him a lot.

Overtly stereotypical behavior can be annoying. I generally want to punch something when I hear a gaggle of women being female to the nth degree, giggling, screeching and being generally obnoxious. I mean get real--why the hell do they act that way? Because they're women? I'm a woman, too, but I'd rather die before I do any of that kind of behavior, lol. Does that make me a feminazi? Nope. Some people just can't stand pointless and overt stereotypical behavior because it seems so unnecessary. I tend to see it as being a kind of falsehood.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
Too put it bluntly, the event really kind of disgusted us. Everything was fine up until all their lesbian friends got on the dance floor. The amount of groping that was done on the dance floor was really over the top. If heterosexuals behaved like that on the dance floor, people would be yelling at them to get a room. What really surprised us was that all of them were doing it!

This is also something that bothers me - the overt sexuality of it all. It's the reason I dislike Gay pride events, its all way over the top and overly sexual right in your face. You can bet it there was a straight pride event with the amount of flesh and cavorting that goes on, people would be up in arms.

My mate, lovingly known as Gay Dave, was once out with us in town having some brews and he had a friend with him. They proceeded to chew each others faces off for a good hour in the pub until my best friend asked them, in a jovial manner, to get a room. Dave's BF got quite uppity and called him a homophobe and other slurs, which is blatantly false. Had it been one of us with a girl, the reaction would have been the same - we were out for a quiet drink, not to watch a live sex show.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Is it wrong to be scared of thugs in a dark alley? Your logic is flawed. Re-think and re-submit.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SuicideBankers

Or maybe once he talked to them they realized the were acting obnoxious?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join