It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to simply dislike homosexual behavior without being labeled a homophobe?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Yes, that's my point. Disliking behavior is not disliking a group of people. When you make the mistake of saying, "all gay/black/hispanic/X people behave that way," however, you cross over into bigotry. As in my last post, I can't stand this retarded new-age wannabe rap culture, but I know it's not a racial thing because I see ass-clowns of all races doing it.

link   
To 1 subjectively many do not understand the behaviors of homosexual males with a land full of women and that is their wills and so a dislike 1 can see being generated with some of the activities demonstrated from worldly woman acting men or just worldly individuals acting out overall. 1 tries not to get into these sexual preference threads to much as not to upset any with the code 1 personally follows. So to answer your OP question yes its possible to dislike or avoid homosexual behavior and not be labeled a homophobe...

NAMASTE*******

link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Sorry,. but you don't know what you're talking about.

Being a gay man, I can tell you for a fact that the kind of man who would want to join the military is not the same man who would be an obvious flaming queen.

Excuse me? I’ve been there and I've seen them….they exist (especially in the Navy
)!

The fact that you can't see this obvious contradiction tells me that you have ulterior motives for associating the DADT policy to this debate.

I made a valid point. DADT was intended to keep gays in the closet so some wouldn’t feel at liberty to act like fools.

link   

Why do you need to say anything? Why can't you just let people be? If you "don't like it" you don't have some kind of obligation to make it clear.

Because when you're standing next to me acting like an ass it's intruding on my personal space. I was talking to MY friends when they interrupted OUR conversation about them. It was a good ending, so you have something against good outcomes?

I'm pretty sure you're the type that would annoy me too.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
OP, it sounds like your problem isn't so much with homosexuals as it is with loud obnoxious people. That is normal.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Its their frecken label and their frecken problem, I could not care less what they think, say, or do. The group that you described feeds off of shock and attention, starve them!

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Paschar0

If these guys weren't "acting gay", I would never have noticed them. Behavior.

That’s why the US Military had the “don’t ask don’t tell” policy. It was an attempt to keep gays in the closet and limit the flamboyant behavior. Why? Because it pisses people off; especially heterosexual males!

Certainly not all gays are guilty of this behavior but those who are aren’t doing their cause any favors. It’s that type of overtly gay behavior that disgusts some people (myself included) and stirs the pot. Why do some feel it necessary to be so overtly gay? It really is annoying and doesn’t impress anyone at all!

To answer your question, yes, you will still be considered homophobic by some - But who cares really?? I certainly don’t.

These people are like anyone else who is over the top trying to "be something".

Almost all of them are on some good drugs which help them achieve this euphoric idiocy, not that many others are not as well.

I suspect a DNA malfunction is the reason some of these people act like this while others do not.

It is interesting for sure, that no medical strategies have been formulated to correct this "behavior", I suspect that is on purpose, they need some people to use certain energy forces, these people are the victims.

These people are massively messed up, and letting it all fly in the wind, their emotions uncontrolled...and yes it is disgusting especially at like say a grocery store...usually though I feel compassion for them, and send them thoughts to help them calm down, and save all that energy for something else other than saving the world through homosensual imagery.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
reply to post by boncho

Yes, that's my point. Disliking behavior is not disliking a group of people. When you make the mistake of saying, "all gay/black/hispanic/X people behave that way," however, you cross over into bigotry. As in my last post, I can't stand this retarded new-age wannabe rap culture, but I know it's not a racial thing because I see ass-clowns of all races doing it.

Watch the movie, "Spring Breakers"

I understand it might be a dark satirical attempt at encapsulating that front, but it was just generally abysmal. Perhaps so bad it was good. You have a wannabe white gangster (James Franco), repeating his lines over and over in voice overs, who with an arsenal of money, guns and drugs, keeps stating "Look at all my s__t"

And then there is his infatuation with Britney Spears and sucking on a silencer like a phallus. In god's name what the hell is this movie and who spawned it.

The sad thing is some people might watch it and actually think the whole thing is cool...

Your on point with your last post.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Having read through the postings the following can be stated:

The op asked a valid question if it was a case of being homophobic cause the person at the movie theater was acting in a way that he was uncomfortable with, and acting in a way that was a bit over the top when it came to being out, such as being a bit too flamboyant in their behavior, and words.

If the person hates all homosexuals, cause they are attracted to the same sex, then yes that is homophobia. But if it is say a behavior, such as acting a bit over the top and flamboyant in their actions, and the conversation is a bit more on the sexual side, the answer is no, cause that is just them being rude and sociably unacceptable.

The problem that I have seen in most cases like the one that the Op described is that people fail to understand or realize, and this very true of minority or cliquish groups, is that to be accpeted and have tolerance on the part of society, is that they do have to tone it down and be repsectful, tolerant and accept that not everyone is comfortable with them or their action. And if they are forcing it on a person, that is not right at all as it shows a lack of tolerance on the part of the minority. Blending in, is not the same as hiding. Part of the problem has been that people want to be accepted for who and what they are, yet fail to see that if they push it to make people accept it, then it starts the process of where people begin to hate and despise the entire lot.

While many men, as one poster pointed out, is afraid that a homosexual man may touch them, the question is, would you find it sociably acceptable for a straight man to touch a womans breast? No, it is not acceptable and ultimately gets the man in trouble for doing such, especially when it is considered unwelcomed and ultimately distateful.

But back to the op's question, the answer is no, and believe it or not, there are homosexuals that do not like it when another in the community is that flamboyant in public.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Yea, I kinda hate that crap too. I'm all for homosexual equality. I'm for gay marriage, I'm cool with people being gay. But when they are over the top about it? It's annoying.

It's like when someone is a douchebag, and insists on making sure that everyone within earshot knows they are a douchebag. There are other types of people (stereotypes) that annoy me too.

Doesn't make me a homophobe for doing so, it doesn't make me a douche-a-phobe either. (is that the politically correct term?)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

It is not possible in today's politically correct social climate to dislike or disagree with homosexual behavior without being labeled a Homophobe.

And if you try to claim such, you will be socially ostracized until you see the obvious error of your ways.

Welcome to the new, improved and 'enlightened' mob mentality.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ifeelsohigh

Originally posted by KTATS

Originally posted by Paschar0

It depends what is you disliking just male to male or female to female, see is a difference, beside that anybody have the right to feel and express their views of situations that you do not agree with.

And it doesn't matter on what topic either.

This might help make my point that I'm not a homophobe, but at what cost!

Two Girls kissing; mmmm
Two Guys kissing; ewww

Thanks Lucy.

Funny, I feel the same way and I'm a straight girl!

That's just so freaking hot.

Girl on girl action woo - hoo!!!

As a lesbian trapped in a man's body I have to agree.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
To all you guys thinking Girl on Girl is ok.

To me you are just as unnatural as two guys getting together.

You, are not in the mix physically with these two girls. So you can't pass on your seed.

I myself think girl on girl is pretty hot too.

But it's still weird.

Right?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
To all you guys thinking Girl on Girl is ok.

To me you are just as unnatural as two guys getting together.

You, are not in the mix physically with these two girls. So you can't pass on your seed.

I myself think girl on girl is pretty hot too.

But it's still weird.

Right?

When a guy get exited by 2 girls there may uccor an erection and an exitement, that open the possebility for passing on the seed, if not to those 2 girls then someone else, as the guy may seek other girls exited at he is.

when a guy dont get exited by 2 men theres no erection, but a repulsion - no seed passing

Do you see the logic in that - no matter how you like it or not.

Peace to everyone

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Was it that they were gay annoyed you?

Or was it that they were annoying beyond belief?

They too are coming out of repression, people have been known to act the fool when all of a sudden in life they are given freedom to be themselves: some go overboard and choose to annoy others.

Doesn't matter if they are gay or straight.

I'm with the OP on this. Some would say that this flamboyance he speaks of is acting feminine. But, I've never even met a woman that acted out that way.

My point: They're gay, but they don't have to be an Ant.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Minus

My question to you is, are you gonna keep it up until some random girl comes by to accept your seed?

Prolly not.

You are just gonna rub one out in some gym sock, somewhere in the privacy of your own home.

Of course 2 guys are not gonna give us straight guys an erection.

But watching two girls will.

And at the same time, some straight guys are repulsed by two girls.

It all breaks down to preferences.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Making a general statement like "those kinds of people" is often used for bigotry.

Next time just wait till you've thought of the best way to convey your thoughts. Could have saved you some hassle.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
i will reiterate myself for the thousandth time

i will defend your right to believe what you want, speak what you want and express how you want, even if it is 'against me', but i get those same freedoms, i can express myself how i want, i can believe what i want, and speak what i want likewise,

we all have different personalities, we all belong to sub-cultures and are inspired by various things that influence our clothes, our speech, our actions and how we act,Gay, Straight, Black, White

saying they are "acting Gay' is to imply that they either were not gay and acting like it, or 'Gay' is only one way to act, and as many various straight people there are, there are various gay people, not all are effeminate, not all are queens, not all are flamboyant

Obviously i am an Effeminate Queen, it doesn't make me less of a Human as anyone else,

do i think you are homophobic? i don't know you personally, and even if you were it's not affecting my life, do i wish we could all accept each other as Humans and unite in equality? of course i do, but i can't control nor alter your mind, and i would hope the world can realize that and not try to control and alter the mind of anyone of a different sexuality.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
It's a fine line between disliking the behaviour and being homophobic. I think the issue is more or less that the kind of behaviour is typically seen as a representation of homosexual men, even though not all of them act in that manner. It's a stereotype that a lot of them play true to because it's one way to project their identity without being disrespected. The problem is that homophobia has been present for a long time, and in that time homosexuals have been repressed and dehumanised by ignorant people. Maybe that's just their personality, or maybe they have adopted or utilised those traits in an attempt to be proud of their sexual identity, to own who they are and stand tall in the face of ignorance. I have a friend who says sometimes he will act that way because those traits acts like a barrier against all kind of homophobic idiots. He once said something along the lines of 'I act that way because I feel empowered and part of a strong minority and it stops peoples words from getting to me'. I think that does make sense when you think about it.

I also think that having that opinion in this day and age will equate to homophobia in the eyes of many people, not because it is necessarily homophobic (in your case) but because any kind of disdain for that behaviour can be perceived as an attack on homosexuality. That is because it's a behaviour and a stereotype that homosexuals have identified with because it allows them to be openly gay, it's like a barrier. They've adopted all the stereotypes created by homophobes, like the femininity and 'girl like' personality traits, and created this ultimate shield of protection against idiots who think homosexuality is bad. In short, any attack on that kind of behaviour may be perceived as an attack on homosexuals and the LGBT community.

With all that being said, even if you do have a problem with that kind of behaviour you should suck it up because no human has the right to attack and abuse someone else's identity.
edit on 30-6-2013 by sepium because: additional point!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join