It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horse Slaughterhouse Approved by USDA to Produce Meat for Human Consumption

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by 2ndthought

Raist's comments 'weak',

I meant it is weak calling names and getting personal and I must have missed any on the other persons part. So if they did the same applies ino.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u
reply to post by Char-Lee

If your living in the USofA you had better get your heirloom seeds now, they are starting to get scarce and if things continue the way they are going I bet ya wont be able to buy them(legally)sometime in the near future...

....I am so mad I have had to give up eating take out pizza because it cramps the bejeesus outta my tummy (I think its from the GMO tomatoes the bigger corps are using to make the tomato paste and sauce).

As for the horse meat (shivers)...We don't eat our motor cycles we ride on so why would anyone wanna eat a horse we ride on???

We have and we make our own pizza now. I was surprised how easy it is to make it just as good as theirs!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

(No, I am not saying horses are or were like native Americans or like black slaves that were abused,

Why not? It is exactly the SAME! The humans used as work horses were believed to be animals having no "soul".

Does anyone know what a bit is for? The bit in the horses mouth even today is for causing pain to that sensitive area so the animal will move whichever way it is told. If that were used on you you would know it is abuse.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Thanks for the honest answer. Again I do no agree but I do understand and at least you are not hypocritical about it.

Raist

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

You might be more likely to see abuse in animals that are used for entertainment than work. Think of the training being used. Actually what your father did was no different. They train the animal through pain most of the time.

I am not saying abuse of work animals and food animals does not occur, but it seems like some would like to generalize and make it seem as if every work animal and food animal has been abused. That is just not so and to claim it to be true is simply lying.

A work animal or food animal will not give a farmer what they are worth if they are treated badly or abused. Those that abuse animals would also and likely do abuse people as well. That is just who they are.

Breeding certain types of animals is a form of abuse as well it seems. Some forms of cat and dog have trouble breathing due to they way they were breed to look just right for people. We destroyed their nature by domesticating dogs and cats. They should still be roaming the wilds, yet now we have them living with us. Cats and dogs should be hunting for their food it is their nature. We have made them slaves by forcing them to be dependent on us for food.

A friend at work was talking about some perfect utopia last night at work. Something about the world being one and everyone living together. Simple truths are it will never happen because of greed and the lust for power that resides within people. Because of this we will never be rid of abuse in either people or animals. You and I do not agree on the sides of this topic, but I do agree there is abuse. I think there is less abuse than you or others think though. I have to work to pay bills, to keep a roof over my head and eat. Work animals do a short amount of work to be fed, watered, and to have a place to sleep and rest. I still believe you are likely to find more horse/animal abuse in racing, jumping (still no idea what the real name of that is), rodeos and horse shows.

Raist

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

I make my observation due to the fact that you cannot answer questions that I have been asking for over two pages. You flat out ignore questions that are on topic and change the topic to cannibalism, abuse of humans and parents killing kids. It shows your inability to differentiate horses and humans. You cannot follow the topic due to your over emotions being to high.

All you did again was making claims that your opinion are facts, and AGAIN I was making analogies, which obviously you don't even know what that is or how they are used in conversations/discussions. Not to mention that "the overly emotional person" has been you for using ad-hominem attacks instead of making a concise counter-argument.

Making analogies does not equal to changing the topic either, or even trying to derail it, but attacking the people we are having a discussion with is surely a tactic to derail the topic.

BTW, my posts do include responses to your questions, you just simply can't, or don't want to understand that YOU are not the one who decides what is moral or isn't... What is moral or isn't is a personal choice based on our individual life experiences and our individual point of view.

edit on 4-7-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Why not? It is exactly the SAME! The humans used as work horses were believed to be animals having no "soul".

Does anyone know what a bit is for? The bit in the horses mouth even today is for causing pain to that sensitive area so the animal will move whichever way it is told. If that were used on you you would know it is abuse.

I do believe that animals have a soul, but if it came down to either saving a horse or a person, even when I would try to save both, the person comes first imo.

Don't get me wrong, I love horses and would defend a horse if I see someone abusing it, but I also value human life above others. The only exception of human life I do not value so much are murderers, rapers, child molesters, etc.

BTW, that particular statement I put in parentheses was to specify to member Raist that I am not saying/writing "horses are human", and other similar illogical claims he is making because he really doesn't have a valid counter-argument, and doesn't know what an analogy is or how they are used.

edit on 4-7-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: add comments.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join