It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horse Slaughterhouse Approved by USDA to Produce Meat for Human Consumption

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs

...But, that aside, a horse is hoofed, vegetarian animal same as the cattle, sheep, deer, elk, moose and buffalo I've eaten. So, from that standpoint I don't understand the fuss about horse.

One of these things (animals) is not like the others...

"Whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is clovenfooted, and cheweth the cud, among the beasts, that shall ye eat."

Biblically, a horse is "unclean."
- Meaning: Unfit for human consumption.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SkyLiner

If I am not mistaken, that would include cows, and deer as well.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

The lack of the face is an emotional statement, not a logical one.

I said Feces...not face

I think any mother knows that preparing a 7-10 lb turkey feels disgustingly like a child I don't know if they would admit such but then again I am weird.

I was the primary caregiver for my kids in the early years of their lives. Both my boys turn to me before any other human on earth. Because of my own daddy issue, I made sure I was more than the average father to my kids.

I also am the primary cook. Having held many babies, including my own. And having stuffed many turkeys, all my own, I can definitively say that I have never felt that cold, dead, slimey bird was every anything like a baby.

but each has their own perceptions and analogies. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Im2keul

The cow, sheep, deer, elk, moose, & buffalo...
- Chew the cud & cloven hoofed.
These are "clean."
Fit for human consumption.

A horse has/does neither.
"Unclean."
Not fit for human consumption.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

You sound like a good man, I too am the primary parent to my two children.
Turkey like a baby? Aww man........

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

So they are in the same category, at least a far as "clean" goes as the filthy but delicious piggies then? You are right, I was just thinking with regard to diet, not chewing cud.

Still, its not something I'd go out of my way to eat, but if it was there I'd try it.

link   

Originally posted by terriblyvexed
Why send it off and relabel it I'd buy a horse steak.

Ever since I ate that goat, I've been determined to try every animal in the world.

None of my friends will go mountain climbing with me in the winter,I don't know why?

But will you go watch it be slaughtered?

Well I don't watch cows and chickens get slaughtered, but I still eat them.

And if I plan to eat an animal I will kill it myself, do it to fish all the time.

link   

I guess I'm not seeing the difference?
All the same in my opinion, although I am not religious by no means.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Metallicus
That's disgusting. They can count me out of eating horse meat.

I can understand if they put it in something like Taco Bell or similar 'food'.

People that frequent Taco Bell already don't care about what they eat.

Do you find the eating of beef, pork, or chicken similarly disgusting?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Well since people also claim that the Bible states animals have no souls, wouldn't all animals be unclean for consumption? Why go beneath your heavenly station and eat a soulless beast?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I have eaten horse before I enjoyed it and would do so again.

Maybe next time it can be a Clydesdale.

I wonder if the appropriate beer would go good with it.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

haha i like your thought here. Can we discuss wine pairings for horse meat now?

I bet PETA is furious they want to be able to kill all the animals themselves.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

The lack of the face is an emotional statement, not a logical one.

I said Feces...not face

I think any mother knows that preparing a 7-10 lb turkey feels disgustingly like a child I don't know if they would admit such but then again I am weird.

I was the primary caregiver for my kids in the early years of their lives. Both my boys turn to me before any other human on earth. Because of my own daddy issue, I made sure I was more than the average father to my kids.

I also am the primary cook. Having held many babies, including my own. And having stuffed many turkeys, all my own, I can definitively say that I have never felt that cold, dead, slimey bird was every anything like a baby.

but each has their own perceptions and analogies. Thanks for sharing!

Would love to hear a few women respond.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by dollukka
Horse meat is pretty close to beef in taste and its not uncommon to have horse meat in salamis in Europe.

Anyway when horse meats are in market, its better to have a proof that this meat is ok to eat and those horses are not been fed with medicines which doesnt go away easily from their systems. Meat which comes to consumable for humans are inteed proofed and tested by laboratories and do not come from "black market".

the problem with horse meat is when its not stated in products incredients then you dont know what kind of horse meat is used or isnt even healthy. There were a Scandal in Europe when Ikea´s meatballs had horse meat in them and was not stated in incredients. Horses what Ikea´s manufacturer used to those meatballs came from Romania and was not tested to be appropiate for human consumption.

good point, I remember hearing about the horse meat in england, it was mentioned that it is didderent from cows, that horses can have disease different from cows that are really bad for us and it is hard to detect in the horse, so I would be concerned about this

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Me, too.

But FWIW, when I brought it up to my wife, my mom, and my 3 sisters at our Sunday family gathering, they all looked at me like I was crazy.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

reply to post by fluff007

I think they have already been feeding people horse and other "meat" in fast foods for sure without anyone knowing and without oversight of the process. So it changes little except at least this will be out in the open.

I quit eating hotdogs when I was 14 due to the ingredients in those so I will now have no problem not eating any meat from a restaurant. I hope Costco hamburger is still ok.

I literally have to change the channels when they show those animal abuse commercials. Horses are going to fight this as shown in the OP pic. A few years ago they were gunning wild horses down from hellecopters. Now they want them for food. People are messed up.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

From a woman's point of view:

I have cleaned and stuffed many a turkey in my day and have never once equated handling a raw turkey with anything concerning a human baby, and I've never heard of any such thing from anyone at all until you mentioned it. I'm afraid it just doesn't compute in my mind- but to each his/her own.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

Cows are way sweeter than horses. They are gentle loving creatures. I was bitten by a horse once. Love me a horse meat sandwich. Did you know they GMO'd scorpion DNA into Cabbage? All in the name of using less pesticide.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I say who cares. Eat what you want.Horse,dog,cat,shark,pig,chicken,deer etc.

People need to start caring less about animals and care a little bit more about what WE are doing to each other.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Thanks for your reply..

Oh I agree. Are people really not that bothered about what is actually in their food..? Don't get me wrong I got no problem with peeps eating meat. But I don't think the horse meat will be sold as such. It will be sold as a meat filler. Whatever that means..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join