It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horse Slaughterhouse Approved by USDA to Produce Meat for Human Consumption

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

very true plants are conscious . here is a documentary.

poor op might starve to death after realizing that plants are alive and conscious as well as animals

To the OP

as for horse meat from what I have heard it is very good to eat , so is dog meat .

they are food if not for us for some other sort of predator. if there was no food or plants for you to eat i am pretty sure that horse you hold so dearly would be skinned and cooking on the open fire in no time . people eat cow , people eat pig, people eat anything with meat on it . hell people even eat people . i love my pets and animals but if my family was in a situation facing starvation well what is logical letting my kids die of hunger or all dying with fluffy the cat , i even bet the cat would eat you after you died than face death

edit on 30/6/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Why send it off and relabel it I'd buy a horse steak.

Ever since I ate that goat, I've been determined to try every animal in the world.

None of my friends will go mountain climbing with me in the winter,I don't know why?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Why? Is ending the life of a plant (which happens frequently with many plants that are eaten) any less atrocious than ending the life of an animal?

Well let's see.....

Blood, body fluids, feces, tumors, disease that can pass to humans hormones and drugs, the need to be sure and cook to a certain temperature. The gore and pain and disgust of everyone at the slaughter and process the feeling that you are holding a human child when you prep a turkey to bake, feels just like when you bath the baby...

Verses, glowing bright fruit and wonderful nuts and olives, coconuts from a tree. Green veggies and bloodless feces-less body fluid-less tubers...

Your right I see no difference.
edit on 30-6-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by terriblyvexed
Why send it off and relabel it I'd buy a horse steak.

Ever since I ate that goat, I've been determined to try every animal in the world.

None of my friends will go mountain climbing with me in the winter,I don't know why?

But will you go watch it be slaughtered?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faust100f
reply to post by fluff007

You must be the last man on the deal team. A slaughterhouse for horses was reopened in Missouri last year. These animals (the dumbest I have ever seen other than those who own them) have been turned loose in the midwest because the horse "lovers" you refer to cannot afford to feed them. We have a horsebuyer here in Iowa who buys these animals for a few hundred bucks and hauls them to the slaughterhouse in Missouri.

If you check the menu in Japan, you will find that the Japanese is the largest importer of American Horse Meat, there it is considered a delicacy. How do I know, my son works for NTT and travels to Japan frequently, and when he takes friends out, it is on the menu.

Now if we can just get someone to slaughter Emu's which were turned lose in North Missouri. John

Nice way to reward all the years of service to mankind. Without horses things would have been a lot different and more difficult and the war for freedom would have likely been lost.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Well let's see.....

Blood, body fluids, feces, tumors, disease that can pass to humans hormones and drugs, the need to be sure and cook to a certain temperature. The gore and pain and disgust of everyone at the slaughter and process the feeling that you are holding a human child when you prep a turkey to bake, feels just like when you bath the baby...

Right. That is what I was saying. Vegetarianism is all about feeling, not logic. I mean, fruits and vegetables have loads of toxins that can kill you, too. Ever seen the scars left on the hands of people who prepare cashews?

I eat loads of meats raw, especially fish. But I am not shy about some ceviche. The reason you really cook meat is the same as why you cook veggies: to make it easier to digest. Of course you can get sick from contaminated meat. But most e coli outbreaks are from things like spinach, not meat.

BUt to equate a turkey with holding a baby??? That might be the strangest thing I have ever read on ATS. And that is quite a feat.

Verses, glowing bright fruit and wonderful nuts and olives, coconuts from a tree. Green veggies and bloodless feces-less body fluid-less tubers...

The lack of the face is an emotional statement, not a logical one. Having a face has nothing to do with whether or not you are extinguishing a life force. Nor are tubers fluidless. I have drank carrot juice many times before, and have had to squeeze the juice from the onion puree while making a tsiziki sauce.

Your right I see no difference.

why the smug sarcasm? You didn't provide a logic based response. only an emotionally charged one. How is that helpful, or honest?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

what does their usefulness as a pack animal have to do with their usefulness as a food animal?

How do you reward years of service to an animal that has died?

Do you really think your body will care what happens to it when you leave it?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Horses were basically used to do the heavy lifting in the past. Now we have the technology to make them obsolete.

Humans are pretty much autonomous machines who are the backbone of the creation of goods so those in higher places can make a profit.

When are humans going to start being labeled obsolete? Are we the next generations food source? Fatten people up with all the greasy fast food and soft drinks, then start the recycling process?

I would love to say I am 100% kidding, but these days, anything is possible.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

The lack of the face is an emotional statement, not a logical one.

I said Feces...not face

I think any mother knows that preparing a 7-10 lb turkey feels disgustingly like a child I don't know if they would admit such but then again I am weird.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

i see no reason why one needs to kill to eat. animal products are very unhealthy, they contribute to 14 of the 15 leading causes of death (the only exception was accidental deaths), and we could end world hunger with the food we feed livestock because they have such a poor protein conversion rate.

this just seals the deal. why make such creatures suffer and die for your own enjoyment (because people sure as hell don't eat animal products for health reasons)?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
If people want to eat horse in the US then they should follow established rules on the raising of these animals for meat.

Working animals, pets, wild horses and essentially any animal not bred for and raised as a meat animal should be illegal to slaughter and sell as food for the public.

Horses that have been used for purposes other than as a food bred animal could be allowed to be slaughtered and consumed by the individual owner but should not be consumed by the public. The public food supply is already horribly polluted by "legal" food adulteratives and genetically manipulated frankensteinian things that are being passed off as food animals. I would hate to see a physically moribund pony that couldn't stand under it's own weight at the age of six months because it had been genetically "enhanced" to provide more meat like some poultry have been.
I'm sure it won't take long to get there though.

Personally, I have no desire to eat a horse.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I've eaten squirrel, deer, turtles, lamb, pig, goats, girlfriends, and all kinds of birds.
As long as they label it I'm ok

edit on 30-6-2013 by Im2keul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
No offense to you OP but I am so sick of people making a big deal out of people eating meat, whether its, beef, chicken, goat, fish, turtle, squirrel, or anything else.

Let me ask you OP, is it wrong for a lion on the plains of Africa to chase down a Gazelle and eat it?

The reason I ask is because the lion is an Apex Predator and that is the food that it is meant to eat. We as humans are the highest Apex Predators on the planet and all plants and animals are here for or consumption and sustenance. This is true regardless of whether you believe in evolution or religion, we have evolved to be, or were made to be at the top of the food chain.

The problem is that we have been so degraded by "society" and "civilization" to be weak minded and not accept the fact that in order for us to live something must die, even plants......just as is the case with the lion and gazelle. Through decades of social programming most people have come to think subconsciously that meat comes from the grocery store.

As Faust100f said it is a delicacy in Japan and I have ate horse on several occasions when I was in Japan and other countries that serve it on the menu, it is quite tasty and shares about the same nutritional value as beef. Personally I don't care what it is when I'm hungry because I have a an understanding that this is the way that the circle of life works.

This morning I went fishing and caught some trout for dinner then when I got home I rang one of our pheasants neck and cleaned them all for dinner. After I was done I got some cabbage that we had grown to go along with it. Now tell me why is killing that trout or pheasant any more bad than killing that cabbage plant, does that trout or pheasant have a greater right to life than that head of cabbage?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

humans have the ability to think beyond our primal desires. some plants have to die when you eat them (not all), but they're not aware in the same way an animal is.

even if you disagree with all of the above and don't care about the suffering of animals, ending world hunger is a good enough moral reason to switch.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

humans have the ability to think beyond our primal desires. some plants have to die when you eat them (not all), but they're not aware in the same way an animal is.

even if you disagree with all of the above and don't care about the suffering of animals, ending world hunger is a good enough moral reason to switch.

??? with all due respect, are you saying if we were all herbivores it would end world hunger?

IMO I would think it might increase world hunger, but then, I'm no expert either.

Plants have feelings too,
mysteriousuniverse.org...

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

How would refraining from eating meat prevent or stop world hunger. Wouldn't it technically make it worse since it would increase the demand for grains and such, which we are already very near to a world shortage of?

I'm not trying to be argumentative Bob, usually I agree with you on most topics but I am curious as I don't understand the logic behind what you said.

Also when I kill and animal for food it suffers very little, if I shoot a deer I get head shots and with a .300 WinMag or .308 Remington at even 800 yards it is an instant kill, same goes for cattle. When I shoot birds during bird season if they are more than 20-30 yards out I wont shoot, I want them to be dead before they hit the ground. Although I am a hunter and provide 80% of our food from the land, due to my spiritual/religious beliefs it hurts me to see an animal suffer. Same with fish, I knock them out before I clean them so there is no pain for them. When you take a life for food you should always respect the life you took and give thanks to the spirit for its sacrifice.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Well said.

You are far better with words than I.

Horse meat, the other red meat; science.kqed.org...

If you eat deer, a horse is much bigger.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I hope it's cheaper than what other meat prices have become. I'd give it a try for sure pet or not. This whole sissified oh we can't eat cute things is ridiculous. I have a couple cats and i love them but if worse cam to worse they would end up on a plate. We do what we must to survive. If it ever happens that food supply gets cut off and i am cooking up my cats i don't want to hear any of you starving sacks that have problems with this asking me for any of it.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Privateinquotations

Apparently people think a shrimp or lobster are not as cute and cuddly.
I'd eat the backside of a dead skunk if I was hungry enough.

***** Beware***** if the SHTF no one will be safe!

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Yeah, I hunt as well. If I don't think I can make a clean, quick kill shot I don't shoot. Its just how I was brought up.

But, that aside, a horse is hoofed, vegetarian animal same as the cattle, sheep, deer, elk, moose and buffalo I've eaten. So, from that standpoint I don't understand the fuss about horse.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join