It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Government Bans GMOs From Parliament Restaurants. Tells public to Embrace Genetic Poisons.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hey....Remember this?

GMO Not Served in Monsanto Cafeterias

Alrighty then...Now we have this:

UK government BANS GMOs from its own Parliament restaurants while telling public to embrace genetic poisons.

Key word to pay attention to: BANS

As recently reported by the U.K.'s Daily Mail, news of the Parliament's ban on GMOs at its own restaurants comes amid the procurement of a massive pro-GMO propaganda campaign being led by this very same Parliament against the interests of its own people. Biotech industry hacks like Conservative Secretary of State for the Environment Owen Paterson, for instance, who actually claims GMOs are safer than non-GMOs, is currently pushing for more GMO acceptance in his country even though he does not eat GMOs himself. Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

And from the food providers:

"In line with its procurement policy, the House of Commons Catering Service avoids, wherever identifiable, the procurement of foods that contain genetically modified organisms," reads a statement by the U.K. Parliament's food supplier. "To this end, as part of the tendering process, food suppliers are required to work to a strict GM organisms policy and give assurances that goods supplied be free from genetically modified materials," adds the group, noting that "customer choice" is responsible for keeping GMOs out of Parliament cafeterias.

What do we say here?

"Do as I say, Not as I do" ... Sure seems to fit doesn't it?

I believe the British people should demand that Parliament have GMO in the cafeteria, unlabeled of course. You know, just to lead by example...AS THEY SHOULD BE DOING IN THEIR POSITION!

So the only other question remains is that of who is getting paid to allow the propaganda machine to roll out to the people?

Peace

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This is the only workplace in the country where you can smoke and the licensing laws really don't matter when it comes to booze and its subsidised by the tax payer so its hardly surprising that they do one rule for one and one for the other

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It is quite ironic that though the governments of the world wish to play the role of their citizen's parent they have no intention of being GOOD parents. They seem to have adopted a "Do as I say, not as I do" style of parenting- which we all know is not a very successful method. It's like a parent telling a child "Just say NO" while they partake of every illegal substance known to mankind and then expecting the child to turn out differently from them. Let us hope that it works in much the same way as pertaining to GMOs- If they're not eating them then we're not eating them!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
This is the only workplace in the country where you can smoke and the licensing laws really don't matter when it comes to booze and its subsidised by the tax payer so its hardly surprising that they do one rule for one and one for the other

Again,

"Do as I say and Not as I do"

Damn I hate Politicians...

Peace

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

GMO's =food for the peasants
natural organic foods = food for the "elites"
coincidentally, an article on CS I was just reading, gave an example of the same attitude

and the importance of denying ignorance regarding GMO's and other subjects

During the Middle Ages in Europe, it was always a great mystery why untold thousands of peasants died of the Bubonic Plague, while most members of the aristocracy remained untouched. Did the aristocracy enjoy some special protection from God that was being denied to the peasants, as was believed at the time? Not exactly

Today we know that the most likely reason for the aristocracy remaining infection free is because most aristocrats ate off silver plates, stored their water and wine in silver vessels, drank from silver cups and ate with silver utensils. Peasants, on the other hand, always used pewter and wooden table ware.
educate-yourself.org...

Knowledge is Power

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMagus
reply to post by jude11

GMO's =food for the peasants
natural organic foods = food for the "elites"
coincidentally, an article on CS I was just reading, gave an example of the same attitude

and the importance of denying ignorance regarding GMO's and other subjects

During the Middle Ages in Europe, it was always a great mystery why untold thousands of peasants died of the Bubonic Plague, while most members of the aristocracy remained untouched. Did the aristocracy enjoy some special protection from God that was being denied to the peasants, as was believed at the time? Not exactly

Today we know that the most likely reason for the aristocracy remaining infection free is because most aristocrats ate off silver plates, stored their water and wine in silver vessels, drank from silver cups and ate with silver utensils. Peasants, on the other hand, always used pewter and wooden table ware.
educate-yourself.org...

Knowledge is Power

Very interesting piece. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

That is so hypocritical!

But im not surprised, nothing they do an say these days could surprise me, well unless they actually started acting like they cared about people.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
reply to post by jude11

That is so hypocritical!

But im not surprised, nothing they do an say these days could surprise me, well unless they actually started acting like they cared about people.

Caring about people isn't profitable for Govt. Why would they do that?

Peace

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well, would you want your Government officials to be sick? They need to make a lot of important decisions on where to play golf on the weekend. They are required to attend a lot of social functions also, they need to be healthy. Their whole job is a social function.

You have to look at what the government officials are doing to stay safe. They don't want health problems, they want others to be sick and supply work for health care workers. Everyone should also learn that they are supposed to die right after retiring, I don't think people are reading their memos anymore.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Well, would you want your Government officials to be sick? They need to make a lot of important decisions on where to play golf on the weekend. They are required to attend a lot of social functions also, they need to be healthy. Their whole job is a social function.

You have to look at what the government officials are doing to stay safe. They don't want health problems, they want others to be sick and supply work for health care workers. Everyone should also learn that they are supposed to die right after retiring, I don't think people are reading their memos anymore.

Yes, yes I would.

I would also like to see their sons and daughters on the front lines of their wars but that is unlikely as well.

Peace

new topics

top topics

join