It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Chinese & Argentine FC-1

page: 1

join
share:
RAB

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
So the Argentinians and the Chinese are discussing a joint-production agreement, Interesting?

So with this agreement lead to a South American fighter upgrade race, will the UK start basing more than 4 typhoons on the Falkland's?

And last but not least what's in it for the Chinese apart from a longer production run??

Source:

www.janes.com...

Best regards

RAB :-)
edit on 30-6-2013 by RAB because: Spelling and correcting the number of typhoons from 3 to 4 muppet :-)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RAB

A chance to play globally and rub the nose of GB and the US in it. And maybe a potential baseline for a later oil/trade agreement to mitigate their dependence on the middle east.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I wonder what the Chinese will do when Argentina default on their payments?

Or if like commented above with some sort of Oil Deal, I wonder if Chinese will support Argentinas claim over the Falklands if they end up having larger oil reserves than Argentina.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I wonder what the Chinese will do when Argentina default on their payments?

Or if like commented above with some sort of Oil Deal, I wonder if Chinese will support Argentinas claim over the Falklands if they end up having larger oil reserves than Argentina.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Argentinas fighter fleet is decrepit and long overdue for replacement, the FC-1 seems fovea decent low cost fighter that would be well capable or replacing the mix of Mirages and Daggers currently in service. I don't see this model as being sufficiently threatening as to start an arms race in the region though, especially if Brazil goes ahead with the Rafale, which is far superior. I don't see any reason to think that a partnership with China over this might also lead to complications with the Falklands etc. china is looking to become an exporter of combat aircraft, it doesn't mean they will become militarily allied in local squabbles with every customer.

On a separate note I always thought the Pulqui III was the design that became the HAL Marut? And I find Chinas concerns over technology transfer issues more than a little ironic.

edit on 1-7-2013 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
Argentinas fighter fleet is decrepit and long overdue for replacement, the FC-1 seems fovea decent low cost fighter that would be well capable or replacing the mix of Mirages and Daggers currently in service. I don't see this model as being sufficiently threatening as to start an arms race in the region though, especially if Brazil goes ahead with the Rafale, which is far superior. I don't see any reason to think that a partnership with China over this might also lead to complications with the Falklands etc. china is looking to become an exporter of combat aircraft, it doesn't mean they will become militarily allied in local squabbles with every customer.

On a separate note I always thought the Pulqui III was the design that became the HAL Marut? And I find Chinas concerns over technology transfer issues more than a little ironic.

edit on 1-7-2013 by waynos because: (no reason given)

This exactly. China is looking to make a litlle green. They have no interest in getting involved in global issues. China seems more and more to be taking Japans route of making money and letting the West police the world.

new topics

top topics

join