It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letter of prophet Muhammad to Christians. Must See

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by logical7

What do you say of the double slit experiment when single photons produced an interference pattern hinting that that each photon passed through both slits? Now that must be absurd to you. Right?

Absurd? No, it's quite natural. No magic involved. But because we don't fully comprehend it YOU are going to automatically jump to a mystical magical being causing it. Now THAT is absurd.

No, now you are drifting.
My point was simple and i think you got it. You just showed humility when you couldn't understand Physics rather than claiming it as absurd but when it comes to Qur'an you "Know it all" to judge it as absurd! Thats the opposite of humility. Thats because you have pre-judged all scriptures/religions and wear that pre-judgemental glasses while looking at any so no wonder that they all look coloured in shades of "absurd"!!
It does appear to yourself that you are very right but its the glasses that define your way of looking at things.
You cannot escape the glasses till you actively and honestly challenge your beliefs and views, trying to prove them wrong rather than seeking confirmations for them!

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

I thought that the angel came down to the 5th heaven and the prophet ascended to the 3rd heaven and they communicated across the gulf of a whole 4th heaven. Did some one lie about this?

you should be careful about your sources.

Surah 2 also says that many who go
through all the motions of the
believers are not believers. I tried to
believe back in 2004. I didn't make it.
So I won't go through the motions,
since that's also futile.

its just talking about hypocrites or fair weather believers who still keep a back door open to go join the enemy group depending on who wins.
The important thing is a sound and true heart and you should be concerned about that.

Okay, I'm done here. I don't think that
you and the OP are in much agreement
about Islam. I could be wrong though.

The OP did try to present the real teachings of Islam and of Prophet pbuh but the thread soon drifted, also a big problem is people reading a few verses from Qur'an and considering themselves as competent enough to criticize and judge, it just shows a lack of real motivation for honest discussion but rather a desire to have a quick swing in the islam bashing party.
The OP is much more honest and balanced.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by logical7

No, now you are drifting.
My point was simple and i think you got it. You just showed humility when you couldn't understand Physics rather than claiming it as absurd but when it comes to Qur'an you "Know it all" to judge it as absurd!

With my poor memory it's possible, but I don't think I'm drifting here. Didn't you state that the book had wisdom in it that only Allah understands?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
And how come nobody ever mentions that Zoroastrainism is the "original" Abe-styled religion?
From 600 BC

Muhammad does. Not by name of course. He took bits and pieces of Zoroastrainism, along with bits and pieces of the Jewish and Christian faiths, and even some paganism, to build his new 'religion'. So don't worry ... bits of Zoroastrainism survive ... mashed in with the rest of the religions Muhammad plagiarized from and renamed 'Islam'.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by logical7

The world wouldn't be better without religion.

Erm.....beg to differ. Yes, it would.

The world without organized religion would be a much more peaceful place.

People wouldn't be mass murdering and hating others simply because those people worshipped differently. People would have freedom of religion and freedom from religion. Women wouldn't be oppressed by Imams and radical Sharia Law type mentality, and would be able to be independent and schooled. Women wouldn't be forced by guilt to have kid after kid but instead would be allowed to use birth control and choose how many children they would have. People would be held accountable for their own bad behavior and they wouldn't be able to use religion as an excuse for raping and stealing and murdering.

No organized religion? Yep .... a much better place.
edit on 7/6/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Matthew 10:34-35

“Think not that I came to send peace on the earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law”

The verse you quoted was directly to his followers. His intent for the world itself was much different.
edit on 19-8-2013 by usertwelve because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join