It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letter of prophet Muhammad to Christians. Must See

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by buster2010

You completely missed the point was which that Jesus said that He didn't come to bring peace to the Earth. Then explained that in regards that Hisessage would cause division with the world.

You totally misunderstood what the verse is about.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI
reply to post by Sonny2

One question. why isn't this in the Koran?

I believe it is part of the constitution of the city of Medina, penned by Muhammed.

He was asked by the city elders to arbitrate between the inhabitants; Muslim, Christian, Jewish and unbelievers, and he came up with a pact of tolerance and cooperation that was far ahead of its time.

It allowed them to work together to defend the town from aggressive external forces and maintained peace.

Unfortunately it also tolerated factions which did not tolerate its fairness and unambiguity, leading to its partial downfall.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by buster2010

You completely missed the point was which that Jesus said that He didn't come to bring peace to the Earth. Then explained that in regards that Hisessage would cause division with the world.

You totally misunderstood what the verse is about.

No I did not. He was preaching to a Torah following Jewish crowd. His message of salvation and that He was the Messiah would not bring peace but divide His sheep from the world.

This is still very evident to this day. In many places when a son or daughter tells their family they have chosen to follow Christ they are ostracized or worse.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by DJMSN

Dear DJMSN,

Those of usd who practice religion in every denomination seem to pick and choose how we live our pious lives often the opposite of what the religions have taught so do not mistake the actions of some followers of one religion as all...do not...it just does not hold water

I have read through this thread and am not surprised to see how people take the actions of a few and try and blame it on all.

That's the most common as well as one of the most ridiculous fallacies in existence. Using the exception to define the rule.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I want to point out that there's literally thousands and thousands of Muslims we have never seen on TV or the internet because they lead boring lives. Because they're not violent. How many judge Christians by what they see of westboro baptist? Is that right? Didn't think so. Just remember that the only reason you are hearing abut those crimes is because violence makes money. It sells papers and air time. Peace doesn't make money, so its kept quiet.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
If muslims will bow to the king of kings then there will be peace. Unless we submit and accept to the cross then we will all be enemies of GOD. There is no alternative.

And its statements and sentiments like these which keep the fight going.

you're an idiot.

Maybe if everyone stopped thinking there was only one way to live and its their way, the rest of us can just carry on with our lives without having to deal with all the BS caused by misguided morons who cannot grasp the concept of mythology and what its purpose is.

Yes, the bible is a myth, as it the Koran and even, dare I say it, the Torah.

Just like in greek mythology, there are many parts which are a true recount of history (ie exodus from egypt) but most of it is just stories to teach morals!

The letter itself is actually beautiful. The moral lesson there is don't oppress a people you've already defeated. Why, because there is no point to be made or gain to be had.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Dear NOTurTypical,

It is indeed a fallacy. Is someone does not like a religion, belief set or a type of action. They will take the worst of people that believe in such and then extrapolate to the rest of the community as if every Christian, Jew or Muslim was the same.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Dear NOTurTypical,

It is indeed a fallacy. Is someone does not like a religion, belief set or a type of action. They will take the worst of people that believe in such and then extrapolate to the rest of the community as if every Christian, Jew or Muslim was the same.

Yeah, it's still annoying. Lol

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonny2

I think yes, there is a verse in Quran which says: "Do not take christians and jews for friends if they work together" This is prophecy of Zionism. Jews and christians usually dont like each other. But you must ask some islamic scholar,

The first time I read the Qur'an I got that impression, that it was a prophecy to not get involved in Christian/Jewish coalition (Zionism). But then when I got an electronic Qur'an so I could copy/paste quotes, it was a different translation that seemed pro-Jewish and against Christianity except only Ebionite type Christianity.

And the Saudi Royal family and the Turkish government (who has the original letter) are both aiding the destruction of multi cultural Syria.

What can we conclude? Is it only individuals who care and governments don't care? Is it immoral to aid the Western/Saudi backed activities in Syria?
edit on 1-7-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by logical7

Qur'an does ask muslims to set up a just system of governance based on Qur'an and sayings of Muhammad pbuh where there is religious tolerance, where jews and christians can have their own courts and judges etc.

Is it just my imagination or does that sound exactly like what the Talmudists say about all the governments adopting Noahide laws. And doesn't this open the possibility of Judaic/Christian/Islamic coalition? I think there are interfaith dialogs already taking place, some open and some secretive (Dubai)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

nothing holy about people strapping bombs to other blind fools and telling them its a good idea to blow themselves up...
and it seems to be the only religion that does it...

What say you about that my friend?

Shinto Priests recruited and trained Kamikaze (divine wind) forces for Japanese Empire.

In an oft-repeated pattern of Western colonization, French Catholic missionaries served as vanguards for French military and commercial interests, ensuring that France, like Britain with its Protestant missionaries, reigned supreme in their respective colonies. In return, the Catholic Church became the single largest landowner in all of Indo-china and was granted special privileges in religious instruction, education and social welfare, even though the great majority of the population was Buddhist.

And how did the combined Japanese Buddhists respond to European control?

Yet the fundamental problem with this position is dramatically revealed in a statement of support for Japan’s invasion of China issued by the leaders of Japan’s major Buddhist sects on July 28, 1937: “In order to establish eternal peace in East Asia, arousing the great benevolence and compassion of Buddhism, we are sometimes accepting and sometimes forceful. We now have no choice but to exercise the benevolent forcefulness of ‘killing one in order that many may live’”.
Behind the Facade of Holy War

See also god is not Great, Christopher Hitchens chapter 14 "There is no 'Eastern' Solution"

A faith that despises the mind and the free individual, that preaches submission and resignation, and that regards life as a poor and transient thing, is ill-equipped for self-criticism. Those who become bored by conventional ‘Bible’ religions, and seek ‘enlightenment’ by way of the dissolution of their own critical faculties into nirvana in any form, had better take a warning. They may think they are leaving the realm of despised materialism, but they are still being asked to put their reason to sleep, and to discard their minds along with their sandals. (p. 204)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Dont Speak about Islam If You are Not an Islam..

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by pthena
reply to post by Sonny2

And the Saudi Royal family and the Turkish government (who has the original letter) are both aiding the destruction of multi cultural Syria.

What can we conclude? Is it only individuals who care and governments don't care? Is it immoral to aid the Western/Saudi backed activities in Syria?

Almost all modern islamic countries bow down to zionists including turkish government which is against the Quran and against the teachings of Muhammad. Only islamic country that still reject zionism is Iran, this is why Israel is so obsessed with attacking them despite the fact that Iran didnt attack any country in last 100 - 150 years.
Syria is not just civil conflict, its a proxy war between Zionists(Israel, US, EU, Saudis etc..) against Russia, China and Iran.
Sooner or later Israel will attack Iran, this will drag US, Russia and China into the war and boooom, we have long waited war of armageddon.
Watch this vid. www.youtube.com...

edit on 1-7-2013 by Sonny2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonny2

Only islamic country that still reject zionism is Iran, this is why Israel is so obsessed with attacking them despite the fact that Iran didnt attack any country in last 100 - 150 years.

And there are Muslim members of this forum who consider Shia as heresy, and think Iran is the anti-Christ that Jesus will destroy.

My college roommate was from Iran. I sent F-4s fighter jets to Iran in the '70s. During Iran/Iraq war, I felt for Iran while the U.S. was backing Iraq. I'm an American misfit I guess

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonny2

Originally posted by JDmOKI
reply to post by Sonny2

One question. why isn't this in the Koran?

You should read the Quran before asking such a thing. Make sure that you download correct translation, some people even make fake translations to make islam look bad.

While I'm sure this is true you didn't answer the man's question correctly. Direct him to where this is found in the Quran. Better yet mail him the correct version of it instead of instructing him to "download" it. What's that? You won't? Didn't think so. Instead you'll blindly keep following Islam and preach about how peaceful the religion is.But yet you'll complain about how everyone doesn't understand.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I love the fact that both of these religions claim to be peaceful and loving,
claim to get along and be more good than harm yet when we actually go
and read their holy books they are full of murder, rape, pillaging, theft and
so many other just plain sick things that i have to ask myself if these believers
ever even bother to read their holy books. If they do i sure cant understand
how they can, with a straight face, claim these things are ok and not what
everyone thinks they are, just because they do not choose to practice
the brutal things in those books does not remove those things from the
books and also does not prevent anyone with enough zeal to decide
they want to follow the horrid things and not the good, you can have all
the good of religion without the need for religion but at least if we didn't
have religion we wouldn't have all the bad it DOES bring.

P.S. i still have yet to see an acceptable explanation in regard to slavery,
both of these religions condone and encourage slavery, how does one
maintain morality while at the same time enslaving another human being?
I just cant understand why anyone would want to defend these books if
they honestly have read them. Cherry picking your beliefs is fine and
all but why not just be honest instead.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodreviara
I love the fact that both of these religions claim to be peaceful and loving,
claim to get along and be more good than harm yet when we actually go
and read their holy books they are full of murder, rape, pillaging, theft and
so many other just plain sick things that i have to ask myself if these believers
ever even bother to read their holy books. If they do i sure cant understand
how they can, with a straight face, claim these things are ok and not what
everyone thinks they are, just because they do not choose to practice
the brutal things in those books does not remove those things from the
books and also does not prevent anyone with enough zeal to decide
they want to follow the horrid things and not the good, you can have all
the good of religion without the need for religion but at least if we didn't
have religion we wouldn't have all the bad it DOES bring.

P.S. i still have yet to see an acceptable explanation in regard to slavery,
both of these religions condone and encourage slavery, how does one
maintain morality while at the same time enslaving another human being?
I just cant understand why anyone would want to defend these books if
they honestly have read them. Cherry picking your beliefs is fine and
all but why not just be honest instead.

I can see you never read the Bible or Quran. You should study history, read religious book, not just Christian and Muslim but also Hindu and Buddhist. I'm not trying to defend any religion or tradition, I just go with facts instead of ignorance and fact is that both Muhammad and Jesus existed and preached same thing, PEACE

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Here is the problem, you have at least two main sects in Islam that cannot agree, Sunni and Shiite, you have at least two main trains of thought within supposed Christianity that cannot agree, Catholicism and Protestant that cannot agree (the trinity, role of Mary, the Pope etc) and of course Judaism that does not even recognize the messiah of Christianity just as the Islamic faith does not, and all of the other religions more than likely have some internal disagreement on the base tenants and foundations.

These internal disagreements and fights of legitimacy of either the prophets or legitmacy or actual arguments on whether God can be manifest in the flesh and the biggest, there can only be one true religion and one way to pay homage that is correct, leads down one road and is evident, the road to confusion, religious supremacy and ultimately war and genocide.

Man left as the ultimate arbiter on these issues will in my opinion leave the world in perpetual darkness when it comes down to who is right and who is wrong, who goes to paradise, heaven or whatever you might call it, it has been unfortunately proven throughout history that organized religion can be used as a divider than something that can bring the world together in peace.

edit on 1-7-2013 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
then the Christians are infidels in the same breath paying Jizya tax, (save your life tax) so the real infidels wax fat on the land in laziness.

hypocrisy .

edit on 1-7-2013 by sevens8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by logical7

Are you saying that if Jesus or his father showed up you would not surrender to him? I'm certain that when that happens most will see that the books don't matter at that point. We will be down to the true choice.

It's top of my short list of 'Things that ain't gonna happen'!

What makes your book any more special than their book?

I've read both of them and IMHO they are both hogwash.....Personally, I don't need a rulebook to know how to live a good life!

edit on 1-7-2013 by squarehead666 because: clarity

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join