It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are In The Last Hour-- Heed The Trumpets

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Last Hour - Shmast Shmour.....blah blah blah....

I'm a Christian and been hearing Jesus is coming back every year since I've been born. It's been over 2000 years now and all of those generations thought he was coming back during their life times as well......but he didn't.

And I don't think he'll come back in my life time......if he does? Cool, I'm ready for it.

In the mean time, back to work, study, pray, meditation, teach, discuss, and live life in general....

hope he does come back soon though

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

thread in ur sig looks good. ill take a deeper look at it later for verification.. lol

nice diagrams etc. think u nailed it. we'll see

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by filledcup

thread in ur sig looks good. ill take a deeper look at it later for verification.. lol

Thanks

Don't take my word for it, as far as what's in the thread in my sig. Take the leap yourself and see yourself if it is true. Direct experience is your friend!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

Originally posted by filledcup

Thanks

Don't take my word for it, as far as what's in the thread in my sig. Take the leap yourself and see yourself if it is true. Direct experience is your friend!!!

haha.. click my name and view my posts and threads.. i am already an experiencer my friend. i will provide my full support of ur presentation once ive fully read it. altho i already know u nailed it. Cheers and nice to meet you!
edit on 2-7-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Last Hour - Shmast Shmour.....blah blah blah....

I'm a Christian and been hearing Jesus is coming back every year since I've been born. It's been over 2000 years now and all of those generations thought he was coming back during their life times as well......but he didn't.

And I don't think he'll come back in my life time......if he does? Cool, I'm ready for it.

In the mean time, back to work, study, pray, meditation, teach, discuss, and live life in general....

hope he does come back soon though

True. There's one critical difference between those that cried "end of the world" in past generations and now.

That is, the re-establishment of Isreal. That's a game changer.

I agree that the RC church will play a big role in the end, and not in a good way. You only have to look at the rampant pedophilia to see that.
edit on 2-7-2013 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by gartenspinnen

So many people fear the wrath of God in the unforeseeable future yet much fewer see it in their day to day lives. The strong points of the whole Christian belief system lie in the life of Jesus not in the book of wrath. Fearing the end of the world is like fearing your own death. It is inevitable, but you do not know when your time is up. If someone came up to you and said he could interpret the time of your death, would you believe them? It says in the same book nobody knows the time of the end except for God, so why think differently?

I'm sorry, I couldn't pay attention long enough to read your post in its entirety. I just kept wondering if the person who took the picture of that lady in your avatar noticed they didn't fix the red-eye from the flash.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

True. There's one critical difference between those that cried "end of the world" in past generations and now. That is, the re-establishment of Isreal. That's a game changer. I agree that the RC church will play a big role. You only have to look at the rampant pedophilia to see that.

We're still waiting on everyone getting chipped though. And that's not here yet.

The two witnessess, the rebuilding of the temple, the arrival of anti-christ ........it's gonna be a while.

Also there are mixed predictions via Nostradamus/Cayce/Near Death Experiences. I'm not holding my breath!!!!

reply to post by filledcup

haha.. click my name and view my posts and threads.. i am already an experiencer my friend. i will provide my full support of ur presentation once ive fully read it. altho i already know u nailed it. Cheers and nice to meet you!

That's great!!!! Glad to meet you too!!!! Those that experience what we speak of, cannot doubt it..... Those who have not experienced, speculate/assume/doubt..... I'll see you around!!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by NOTurTypical

I'm sorry, but that is not a credible source. The Catholic Church is expert at “whitewashing” history when it comes to padding or completely hiding themselves from any blame. Look at Wikipedia, and you'll find there are specific “expert” editors there who do nothing but remove anything negative regarding the RCC, or when not possible, to pad it making it not sound as bad. When something shows them in a poor light, they source material that was written by the church itself as evidence to disprove any wrongdoing. If you want to get source material you have to go to old books, that were printed before they were able to exert editorial control over them like they do with Wiki, or the “Catholic Encyclopedia Online” (where a lot of this comes from).

This is how they teach their members, and why I see the exact same arguments over and over (for example pointing out that Luther removed the Apocrypha and used the word “alone”). I am surprised that we have not yet heard about “On the Jews and their Lies” or his joke about sleeping with the chambermaid, as those two things are usually always brought up as well.

If you don't believe me, look at how they have over time slowly decreased the numbers killed in the Inquisitions from the millions, to the tens of thousands, to the paltry few thousand they now admit to. Finally resulting in the numbers being totally removed from Wiki: Talk: Iquisition

This is an intentional propaganda campaign at its finest...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Yes. Thank you for the second time that has been posted in this thread. The subject of which only confirms the information discussed in the first of five OPs of this thread. I'm sure someone clever will come along in the next few pages and post it again.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

That may very well be true. But to dismiss a source because of "bias" is a fallacy, that's what I referred to. If the information is a fabrication it will not stand on it's own.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I don't think it will be a chip, per se. It will have something to do with our genes. Something that will affect our DNA, some sort of biological signature that will affect the way our genes express themselves, I haven't been given anything further at this point.
But I do know that it will be something that affects our "image" as in the way the DNA of men was originally created by God.
The other understanding I have is that money will be burned in the streets and precious metals will be worth nothing once the evil one rises to power. That is how it must be, for that is the only way an entirely new form of trade can be established. He will be "improving" upon everything, his desire is total control and for this control to be completely of his own devise.
He will even attempt to control the very image in which we were created, thus the mark affecting us somehow physically that will result in all who take it incapable of salvation. Jesus died for mankind and mankind only. Once men take the mark of the Beast, they will, in essence, literally become beasts themselves, rendering themselves incapable of salvation. This is specifically laid out in Revelation.

I do not know what form of currency will be used for the new system of trade, simply that it will be something entirely new and no one will be able to buy or sell without accepting and submitting to it.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WashMoreFeet

Yes. Thank you for the second time that has been posted in this thread. The subject of which only confirms the information discussed in the first of five OPs of this thread. I'm sure someone clever will come along in the next few pages and post it again.

LOL was that in this thread?? my bad hahaha

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
That particular council was not an ecumenical council, it was local to the area in which it was held, so any orders that were issued were only temporary and limited to the geographical area from which the bishops attending were from -- the area of the Albigensians. It's probably overreaching, and they could obviously have worded it better, but the intent is clear -- church approved versions of the Bible, only.

'forbidden to read the word of God, or to exercise their judgment in order to understand it’
‘bad use of difficult passages by the simple and poor gives rise to hear-say’

- Pope Damasus I
The Library of the Fathers, Damasus, Oxford, 1833-45

In 860, Pope Nicholas I, sitting high on a throne built specially for the occasion in the town square, pronounced against all people who expressed interest in reading the Bible, and reaffirmed its banned public use (Papal Decree). In 1073, Pope Gregory supported and confirmed the ban, and in 1198, Pope Innocent III declared that anybody caught reading the Bible would be stoned to death by ‘soldiers of the Church military’ (Diderot’s Encyclopedia, 1759). In 1229, the Council of Toulouse, ‘to be spoken of with detestation’, passed another Decree ‘that strictly prohibits laics from having in their possession either the First or New Covenants; or from translating them into the vulgar tongue’. By the 14th Century, possession of a Bible by the laity was a criminal offence and punishable by whipping, confiscation of real and personal property, and burning at the stake.

Luther was clearly demoting the books of the apocrypha because he didn't believe them to be scriptural, you said so yourself.

He didn't remove them... End of story...

the apocrypha was not deleted from all Protestant Bibles, as you claimed.

It's removed from all modern protestant bibles unless you specifically buy one that has it, or buy them separately.

it would not surprise me to learn that Luther's sponsors told him that they would not back him if he did something as over-the-top as removing a dozen books from the text.

This is speculation on your part, and not in any way factual. There is no evidence that anyone even read what he wrote, while in seclusion, until it was finished.

Because that one word, which was not in Romans 3:28 prior to Luther's translation, matters -- Sola Fide may not swing on that one instance, but it makes a huge impact, and Luther's claim that Paul "intended it to be there" is a reach.

Obviously you have no idea what its like to translate something. There's not always the same “word” to convey a meaning.

However, which would you consider a worse abuse, adding the word “Alone” or:

"As soon as a coin in the coffer rings / the soul from purgatory springs"
-John Tetzel selling indulgences for the construction of St. Peter's Basilica

Which lead Luther to say the following in his 95 theses:

``Why does not the pope empty purgatory for the sake of holy love and the dire need of the souls that are there if he redeems an infinite number of souls for the sake of miserable money with which to build a church?''

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Because that one word, which was not in Romans 3:28 prior to Luther's translation, matters -- Sola Fide may not swing on that one instance, but it makes a huge impact, and Luther's claim that Paul "intended it to be there" is a reach.

Obviously you have no idea what its like to translate something. There's not always the same “word” to convey a meaning.

Actually, I do know what it is like to translate something -- one of my companies wanted to sell one of the products that I wrote in Germany, so I translated the user interface from English to German, and, yes, it is not an easy thing to do.

However, the instance here is Luther taking Paul's words "we are saved by faith" and tacking "alone" at the end, because that's the theology that Luther, not Paul, was promoting.

However, which would you consider a worse abuse, adding the word “Alone” or:

"As soon as a coin in the coffer rings / the soul from purgatory springs"
-John Tetzel selling indulgences for the construction of St. Peter's Basilica

Which lead Luther to say the following in his 95 theses:

``Why does not the pope empty purgatory for the sake of holy love and the dire need of the souls that are there if he redeems an infinite number of souls for the sake of miserable money with which to build a church?''

When, pray tell, have you seen me defend the selling of indulgences?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by defcon5

That may very well be true. But to dismiss a source because of "bias" is a fallacy, that's what I referred to. If the information is a fabrication it will not stand on it's own.

That's not as simple when dealing with this topic. Its sort of like asking a criminal if they are guilty of a crime, of course they almost never admit to it. There are really only two sources for information on these topics, recorded history and the privately maintained documentation of the church itself. Information that they keep locked away in the Vatican Archives, and they keep it locked away for a reason. Things that have been historically recorded, they then dispute using their privately generated writings that are based on their sources, which are locked away. They also like to pad things with cannon law so that it all sounds nice and logical as to why it was done, but often hide the real reason behind it.

Its not a straight forward topic, because they don't want it to be one.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Actually, I do know what it is like to translate something -- one of my companies wanted to sell one of the products that I wrote in Germany, so I translated the user interface from English to German, and, yes, it is not an easy thing to do.

Now try it without an existing standard language or reference materials.

The Luther bible says:

"So now we hold, that man is justified without the help of the works of the law, alone through faith” - Romans 3:28

So is that what the intent of Paul when he wrote it?

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. - Ephesians 2:8-9

And I'm going to have to agree with Luther here...
The intent of the author was that we are justified through faith alone, not through any man made works... Unless you are now going to claim that Paul contradicted his own teachings.

When, pray tell, have you seen me defend the selling of indulgences

That's not my point. My point is that you are trying to discredit an entire work based on one word, when compared to a group, who you are defending, that took MASSIVE liberties with their own interpretations.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

reply to post by davjan4

True. There's one critical difference between those that cried "end of the world" in past generations and now. That is, the re-establishment of Isreal. That's a game changer. I agree that the RC church will play a big role. You only have to look at the rampant pedophilia to see that.

We're still waiting on everyone getting chipped though. And that's not here yet.

The two witnessess, the rebuilding of the temple, the arrival of anti-christ ........it's gonna be a while.

Also there are mixed predictions via Nostradamus/Cayce/Near Death Experiences. I'm not holding my breath!!!!

That's great!!!! Glad to meet you too!!!! Those that experience what we speak of, cannot doubt it..... Those who have not experienced, speculate/assume/doubt..... I'll see you around!!!!

chips are coming if obummer care has it's way, you will have to have one in order to receive medical treatment, what a great way to scam everyone, by healthcare blackmail.

i don't subscribe to the others you mentioned. the mixed predictions are certainly understandable since nothing seems to be written in stone and lots of things have happened since those predictions were made, hence why the accuracy is low, in my opinion anyway.

i think we are growing close though as well, seems like the nasty people of the world are systematically being shown for what they truly are, they seem to be having a harder time hiding like they've been for eons through family connections.

my elders explain these "prophecy's" to me as being fluid and not cast in place. some will happen, others will not, just depends on what happens in the interim since the predictions you hear or read, including the bible ones. that's the beauty of life, nothing stays the same and that includes prophecy's and why wouldn't they, since they speak of our ever changing lives.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

There are really only two sources for information on these topics, recorded history and the privately maintained documentation of the church itself. Information that they keep locked away in the Vatican Archives, and they keep it locked away for a reason.

If it's "locked away in the Vatican Archives", how would you know that it exists?

The archives are open to accredited scholars, you know, and not just Catholic ones, and has been since the 1880s. Documents are kept secret for a period of time to protect privacy, but then historians are granted access. The proceedings of the Inquisitions, for example, have been made public in all their gory detail.

They've even had exhibitions of the stuff, for Pete's sakes.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

There are really only two sources for information on these topics, recorded history and the privately maintained documentation of the church itself. Information that they keep locked away in the Vatican Archives, and they keep it locked away for a reason.

If it's "locked away in the Vatican Archives", how would you know that it exists?

The archives are open to accredited scholars, you know, and not just Catholic ones, and has been since the 1880s. Documents are kept secret for a period of time to protect privacy, but then historians are granted access. The proceedings of the Inquisitions, for example, have been made public in all their gory detail.

They've even had exhibitions of the stuff, for Pete's sakes.

sure they are open to "certain" scholars but i'm afraid an organization that has been murdering millions of people for several thousand years, will have a separate area for such records, wouldn't you think? lol

the vatican is chief in charge of the evil that has plagued our world for thousands of years, they have all the connections to all the family's and all the money to do their bidding.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Now try it without an existing standard language or reference materials.

The Luther bible says:

"So now we hold, that man is justified without the help of the works of the law, alone through faith” - Romans 3:28

So is that what the intent of Paul when he wrote it?

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. - Ephesians 2:8-9

And I'm going to have to agree with Luther here...
The intent of the author was that we are justified through faith alone, not through any man made works... Unless you are now going to claim that Paul contradicted his own teachings.

It's not a matter of what Paul taught overall, rather whether Luther was justified in adding a word to scripture that wasn't there, in order to further justify his theology. I personally believe in Sola Fide (well, mostly, I have a complicated view of the relationship between works and faith,) but I don't think it was right of Luther to have changed the Bible, by rejecting the apocrypha, demoting Hebrews, James, Jude and Revelation, and inserting that word into Romans, to make his case.

When, pray tell, have you seen me defend the selling of indulgences

That's not my point. My point is that you are trying to discredit an entire work based on one word, when compared to a group, who you are defending, that took MASSIVE liberties with their own interpretations.

Except that I'm not discrediting the Protestant Bible on that insertion. Geez, look at pretty much every scriptural passage that I post -- I universally cite the NIV, because that's "my" Bible. It was when I was a Protestant, it still is now that I'm a Catholic. A flawed translation of the Bible is what all those councils and edicts were about, and I think a case could be made that Luther's Bible was a flawed translation, in part, because of his theologically motivated changes.

Regardless, as I am not defending the selling of indulgences (and never have,) it is irrelevant that such was one of the points that Luther raised against the church, but them using their interpretations to bring in the dole is quite a bit different than them sticking "Pay the church to get your loved ones out of purgatory" into the middle of Romans or Matthew.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join