It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are In The Last Hour-- Heed The Trumpets

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Everyone in history from the earliest times in the Bible...has said "the end is nigh"...and they are all dead now.

Then came others who said "Take care!The end is coming"...and they too have gone on and are dead now....and someone will be saying what you are saying now....when you are dead and gone.

Therefore....going on that principle alone....youre most likely wrong. And this is far from being our "last hour". Yours maybe...but like all those who claimed 2012 is gonna be it! For Sure! Absolutely! Including those who breathlessly quoted scripture as proof that "it IS gonna happen RIGHT NOW!"....it didnt....and it isnt.

It wasnt. And neither is this the last hour....
edit on 05/05/13 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
Yet the very bible that you cherish and quote in this thread was compiled by these very same people. I say compiled because these people didn't necessarily write the books, they just choose which ones were the most divinely inspired (or in other words provided the least amount of contradictions and the most amount of control) and which ones they can toss aside.

That is not the way it happened though.
The old testament was compiled into various versions well before the Catholic Church ever existed, and most of the New Testament was already accepted as early as 180ad. We know this because Irenaeus wrote “Against Herises” by that point, in which he quotes from 21 books in the still accepted New Testament. This means that the early chruch had already compiled a list of accepted texts long before Constintine was even born.

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
What makes you think that this book isn't a tool of evil purposely worded vaguely to mislead people until it is accepted as fact?

Actually Rome was pretty upset by the existence of the Bible in its present form as it hindered their ability to do whatever they wanted. Their abuses of the word had to be justified by endless libraries of cannon law and papal decrees. To keep this covered up they had to keep it out of the hands of the public, and actually made it a death sentence crime to own a bible. They declared that the “common man” was unable to understand the scripture, which was really their way of saying “if you read it for yourself, your going to know how much we've been bending it to suit our purpose”. This didn't end until the 1500's when Martin Luther started the Protestant Reformation, and published the first publicly available bibles... Shortly after that, the RCC, finally canonized their own bible in an effort to do damage control as part of the Counter-Reformation.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WashMoreFeet

Yeah, you're proving my point here.

If the hour is always at hand, why bother worrying that the hour is at hand?

Also, a secondary point.

Your god is one that will punish you for eternity for a sin that happened in the blink of an eye.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

"Trumpets" are a visual description of rockets/missiles given by someone that had never seen or heard of them. Fiery blast indeed!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Actually, we’re in the beginning of July. Heed the calendar.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LABTECH767
Muhammad is the antichrist thought there are many others and Islam is at least one of the ten kingdom's of the ten horns, there are too many good people even despite all the selfish little evil minded self righteous to outright condemn America and it may yet be returned to the land of hope it once was but not just yet as the corporations have to be destroyed before that can take place and there little lackey's have to be put on trial once all the incriminating data is seized from Prysm.

No, here is where Jesuit Futurism got things all mucked up in an attempt to hide the Pope in prophecy.

Antichrists “Beasts”

John understood and wrote in the same prophetic language used by Daniel:
Levels of the Statue = Beasts
Beasts = The most powerful world power of their “age” (Gold, bronze, iron).
Horns = Some division of power, either a “King”, or "ruling party”
Crowns = Kings or nobility of some type.
Little Horn = a person who takes over the “Roman beast” and has "eyes of a man" (aka the Holy “See”), but no crown (aka He's not a “King”)

Martin Luther was running around Germany in the 1500's writing that the Pope was the antichrist or the “little horn”. In order put an end to this before it grew legs with the public, the Roman Catholic Church started the Protestant Counter-Reformation at the Council of Trent. During this Council they set the Jesuit order in charge of writing different versions of prophetic interpretation to dispute Luther. One of those is called Futurism, and was written by Franciso Ribera (follow the Wiki link to read more). Ribera is the one responsible for the idea of a future 7 year tribulation, a supposed middle east “peace treaty”, and the belief in one demonic antichrist.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
decent thread, its another we are in the last hour thread, thru the years we usually get one every quarter or so, yet this is very well constructed still sounds like preaching thou. Yet I will agree that their is a very evil presence in the World nowadays, especially in politics, the direction our world is going is beyond the human 7 deadly sins vices, its a culmination of a well thought out way to destroy our way of life... I will not be one that will be so quick to judge and say it has something to do with what the bible stories conclude, considering the stories in the bible have been told before they were written in the bible, ironically someone like Jesus was around in Egypt a long time before Jesus, was around, I watched the Zeitgeist, and studied it, and have concluded it to be a truth.. It is disappointing I know OP, I have been in search of the truth, for over 20 years now, and each stone I turn over, I discover more mystery, and even more doubt, and more questions, and Mainstream science really in the scheme of it all knows no truth, Mainstream science just takes some of the blurriness out of the puzzle..

Do not misunderstand me, I think the Christian religion the BIBLE, is a blueprint on how human kind should live, the 10 commandments Jesus's teachings etc. Yet is it the key that reveals the darkness of Mankind's ending I do not think so.. In the End either a asteroid will kill us, or some celestial event will occur something going wrong with the sun, magnetic field not working anymore etc. etc. something celestial will end our lives as a whole, or simply we will destroy ourselves, as I have said before and will again, we are on track to end ourselves, we have the weapons and the power, and lack the intelligence as a whole in 2013, to promote evolution and space exploration, or researching the stars to find ways to expand our species, instead we are researching more ways to kill ourselves quicker and in a higher number.. How do you really think we will get into our last hours? It will be that hour it takes for that ICBM, to hit the city you live in and turn yourself and everything around you into glass... Not a Religious story about a invisible god and invisible angels blowing trumpets, if anything that story will influence how we kill ourselves in some ignorant hope it will bring a GOD back or something arcane and backwards and stupid like that..

Good thread OP... Good luck in finding your truth..

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
So much of scripture and words of prophets hinges on the fact that time and space are linear. We don't have the comprehensive ability to understand this "reality" we experience together and there are still more that can't wrap their heads around a non congruous timeline of events and places those events happen in. To us, this all happened in the past. For them, we were their future. To the universe we were, are and always will be the same time and place.

Consider that the planet Earth, at the same time, exists and doesn't exist as before it was, it wasn't. After it was it will be no more. The misunderstanding of humans is so great that our psyche has fractured these dimensions of existence to the point of incomprehension. Thus to balance this imbalance we latch on to "that which we do not understand, but represents what we think we know." Enter "God" a thought, argued into reality. To explain that which we can't explain, but think we know about.

As far as existence goes, and everything that it entails, we are a blip that barley registers on the map of existence. We are self important creatures who are capable of realizing that fact. Yet because of our schism of understanding this reality that we take part in, we replace it with fantastical stories to make ourselves feel better.

There's only one problem. Faith. Everything from the Bible or any other religious writings must be taken on faith. Some may argue with me as I have no solid evidence to back up the forthcoming statement but, due to our psyche being fractured as it is, faith becomes that gap filler, covering all our unexplainable basis'. Meanwhile, Religion having such a powerful effect on the unlearned became a tool of control. Control through fear no less. We are told of a loving god that expects us to live a certain way, but he wasn't always loving. God and religion itself has changed simply because the psyche of a populace has changed. It's all very malleable, unlike the Universe and it's static existence.

There are no final days, or rapture or anything of the sort. There will be no end because we know that we used to not exist, now we do, and some day we won't. It is inevitable, and natural.

I don't intend to upset people with this reply. I simply want people to understand that there is a lot that we don't understand. There is so much to this life and existence that it is impossible for us to understand. That in and of itself is a great lesson to further grow the mind and spirit. Yes I am not a religious person, I could however be considered quite spiritual. I simply don't believe there is an all powerful entity that gives a hoot about us. We are all in this alone but together and it would behoove us all to realize that we don't know much at all, and more so to not let ourselves be caught up in the self aggrandizing movement of religion and it's stories.
edit on 1-7-2013 by asar8978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LABTECH767

You may actually be truly correct here and we can only hope but the Lord said when he comes to judge (remember he is here right now calling to repentance and I am as flawed as anyone), They shall not expect him and only he knows the appointed hour.

My sins are many, I have endured a season in my life in which I truly fell from grace, willfully choosing corruption and betraying our Lord. I have cried rivers of tears over my mistakes, I have sweat many drops over my flaws, every single day there is something that I must strive to "die" to. Yet, to die daily is to live in His Spirit, and this is worth anything that may be counted as loss!
There is no loss in Christ, for we gain eternal life through Him, and to boot, He has even promised to share His inheritance!

I think fart jokes are the epitome of quality humor, I eat too much Mexican food, I go faster than the speed limit, I lose my patience with my children, I say things to my spouse in frustration and anger, I am flawed and I have done countless things I am ashamed of, yet I believe in Christ and I believe His Word and I believe that we are in the season of which no man knows the literal hour or day. However to know the season, is to know that we are figuratively in the last hour of working out the fullness of God's creation.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
[The old testament was compiled into various versions well before the Catholic Church ever existed, and most of the New Testament was already accepted as early as 180ad. We know this because Irenaeus wrote “Against Herises” by that point, in which he quotes from 21 books in the still accepted New Testament. This means that the early chruch had already compiled a list of accepted texts long before Constintine was even born.

**squeals with delight**

Where have you been all this time Brother?? Most who argue about the Bible have never even read it! Apparently you share this frustration, and although a frustration not to be happy over, I am truly refreshed to see a kindred soul in regard to such.
Even less have read Irenaeus, the Didache, or even Josephus for that matter. Jasher, Jubilees and Enoch 1 are the few other non-inspired works that the ratio of truth to be taken from them exceeds that which could lead the unlearned Believer astray.

I needed you today. Thank you for being here.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

My choice of faith is not an uninformed one. I spent many years seeking God intellectually and esoterically. Jesus said the Kingdom of heaven belongs to ones such as with the heart and trust of a child, not a collegiate professor or a lieutenant detective.

There was a day which I was forced to decide to seek God in faith, or continue my journey by the standards of men and the world.

The Bible tells us that "without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him."

For what it's worth, I can personally testify to that truth. God bless you, and may you clearly hear His voice.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

To each his own Brother, and God bless you... Good job with the thread, we need more catalysts on the board that are down to Earth, and can handle different Schools of thought..

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

To keep this covered up they had to keep it out of the hands of the public, and actually made it a death sentence crime to own a bible.

The Roman Catholic Church never made ownership of a Roman Catholic Bible a death penalty.

What non-critical thinking people confuse for something like that was the church banning certain translations of the Bible, on the grounds that they were invalid translations that introduced things in the Bible that weren't in the original. It is similar to the Jehovah's Witnesses "translation" of the Bible, where they've changed parts of it to be consistent with their non-scriptural theology.

See my post on the subject for more information.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

"Canon 14. We prohibit also that the laity should
not be permitted to have the books of the Old or
New Testament; we most strictly forbid their having
any translation of these books."
- The Church Council of Toulouse 1229 AD

"No one may possess the books of the Old
and New Testaments, and if anyone possesses
them he must turn them over to the local bishop
within eight days, so that they may be burned..."
- The Church Council of Tarragona 1234 AD;

This is why it was such a big deal when Luther translated and mass published the “Luther Bible”.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
reply to post by defcon5

To keep this covered up they had to keep it out of the hands of the public, and actually made it a death sentence crime to own a bible.

The Roman Catholic Church never made ownership of a Roman Catholic Bible a death penalty.

What non-critical thinking people confuse for something like that was the church banning certain translations of the Bible, on the grounds that they were invalid translations that introduced things in the Bible that weren't in the original. It is similar to the Jehovah's Witnesses "translation" of the Bible, where they've changed parts of it to be consistent with their non-scriptural theology.

See my post on the subject for more information.

Oh, so the illiterate and mostly non-Latin speaking laity could have a Latin Bible but no other?

That must have done wonders for daily devotions at the family home. Lol. :p

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

reply to post by adjensen

"Canon 14. We prohibit also that the laity should
not be permitted to have the books of the Old or
New Testament; we most strictly forbid their having
any translation of these books."
- The Church Council of Toulouse 1229 AD

"No one may possess the books of the Old
and New Testaments, and if anyone possesses
them he must turn them over to the local bishop
within eight days, so that they may be burned..."
- The Church Council of Tarragona 1234 AD;

This is why it was such a big deal when Luther translated and mass published the “Luther Bible”.

OHHHHHHH SNAP!! Doncha hate being right?

I gotta say, once I left the Catholic Church and started to TRULY think for myself, away from the catechism and bias, was when I actually started to learn about God. It is amazing what one Book can do to change your entire perspective of life.

I marvel at God's cleverness and wisdom, how He uses the base, seemingly insignificant and despised of the world--the things of this world that are viewed as inferior and as nothing in particular--to nullify the things which are regarded superior by men.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

You are of course entitled to your opinion. I am of the opinion that were such a thing true, it would be the American churches, particularly the fundamentalists, who are the false prophets of revelation. Everything they preach is contrary the message of Jesus in every way.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TownCryer
Actually, we’re in the beginning of July. Heed the calendar.

Not at the time I posted the thread. Read the date.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

The problem with Luther is that he changed the Bible to fit his theology. He removed the apocrypha to get rid of Maccabees, added the word "alone" to Romans 3:28 and intended to delete James, Jude, Hebrews and Revelation of John, though in the final published version, he simply moved those books to the end to "downgrade" them.

Today there are dozens of translations, many rife with errors, some intentionally so. Does anyone think that the New Living Translation is a good version to read? That's what the church cautioned against, and it's as valid today as it was in 1225.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Oh, so the illiterate and mostly non-Latin speaking laity could have a Latin Bible but no other?

No, the issue was with the translation, not the language -- there were many translations into other languages (the first English translation, for example, was the Wycliffe Bible from the 1300s, though there were earlier fragmentary translations that dated back to the Eighth Century. He was condemned for it because of the errors that he introduced, not because he did it in English.)

From the source article that I cited in the earlier post:

Had it been an accurate translation, the Church would not have been concerned. Vernacular versions had been appearing for centuries. But what came from the hands of the Albigensians was an adulterated Bible. The bishops at Toulouse forbade the reading of it because it was inaccurate. In this they were caring for their flocks, just as a Protestant minister of today might tell his flock not to read the Jehovah’s Witnesses’ New World Translation. (Source)

I'm not sure what translation would help the illiterate, though

edit on 1-7-2013 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join