It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello? Where'd The Conspiritors Go?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Are there any conspiracy theorists left on ATS? Or have we all been chased out?

You know, I took a break from posting about my Metaphysical and Extraterrestrial interests on ATS for a few months - But over the last few day's I thought I'd try to engage with ATS once more.

Myself and the minority of members who have wanted to discuss these topics have been met with savage criticism and a blockade of skepticism.

To the point of facepalm.

I just want to know whether I should bother posting these topics on ATS - it doesn't seem worth the abuse.

So are we still here and just in hiding? Or should I vacate ATS conspiracy notions and accept it a newly formed current events page?

Where do we stand?
edit on 30-6-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Dunno, I had a break came back and the site is full of Religious people wanting to spread vile bigotry.
Heck today I saw for the first time a 2 hour plus gap between new topics.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Maybe ATS has evolved passed the Aliens UFO discussions.. I used to be really into those topics, and I still want disclosure to happen, but personally these kinds of topics take a back seat to reality.

I mean, each year we're bombarded with "Disclosure will happen soon!" then nothing ever comes. All we get to deal with is banker controlled government corruption. But, I see what you're saying about the demonization of free thinking about other topics, I just think a lot of people with really good insight stopped posting or adding content to ATS because of the massive number of trolls, and people that post 1 liner threads with no thought of their own whatsoever.

That is what kind of discourages me from researching, and developing well thought out content, because it'll be picked to pieces by trolls, or it will be buried so fast that it never gets a chance to be seen.

I say just keep at it though man, there are still good members here that appreciate the work put into threads and theories, plus there are always newer people coming in. It will take awhile to weed out the good from the bad, but each year ATS tends to bring new people with new ideas, or banned members with new names/ideas

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
You should just be a bit more selective in which threads you choose to read if you're specifically interested in conspiracies. They are there, and yes, many are rehashes of older topics and there are plenty of weak and poorly researched ideas, but there's still a little gold in them thar hills to be found.

I, myself have noticed a serious lack of good crypto threads, but then again, there may not be a whole lot going on to post about either.

Ebb and flow, my friend, ebb and flow.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

i joined this site as i thought it was the best for a conspiracy theorist to get more info or some truths and facts,even though iv'e only been a member for over a year but reading things on here longer iv'e come to realise or noticed that it's gotten like mainstream news
or repeated threads about 1 person that is on the news at that giving time. i miss the pages of debate's more so than anything

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I'd like to repeat something I've said on threads like this before. ATS is 100% user Contributed. We are both our own worst problem and only viable solution.

Specifically though, the "conspiracy" theories that seem to revolve almost entirely around politics with very little but the partisan fueled ugly feelings to base anything on (oh and pure conjecture...plenty of that) do get a pretty harsh response and I notice more are starting to meet fantasy B.S. with facts to find no facts exist in counter-point. Probably how it should be at a site where Deny Ignorance is the motto.

OUTSIDE Political nonsense though? Hey, this is what I really replied for. Some contributors like myself just ENJOY writing and 'reporting', such as it is here. It's just an enjoyable thing. I'm adaptable and can easily shift to writing about more interesting stories. I'd love to, in fact.

So.... Please...I say this not just for myself but on behalf of other contributors who care more about the writing and act of sharing than the specific story it's about. PLEASE ....give some leads to find good stories to start from.

As a couple members can attest to whom I've shared my bookmarks with...I have dozens for news alone and hundreds upon hundreds of topic-related and sorted bookmarks for almost everything. What I DO NOT have is a good selection of UFO or similar "Coast to Coast AM" type material for new leads to build from.

Share the fishing holes and some of the serious Fishermen like me will absolutely go catch some big 'uns and share with everyone.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
If all of the NSA & anti-government crying would stop,
people might pay more attention to other topics.

Your always going to have your skeptics, either way.
And some threads won't be as popular as others.
But at the moment, everyone just wants to whine about the powers that be - and how Evil the U.S. govt is.

(throws-up-in-mouth)

I don't think I can take it anymore.
(looks around)

"I'm freakin' out, man..." (o_O ' )

Lol.
edit on 30-6-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Hey, i didnt go anywhere

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
there is also now lots of threads about uhh... beign gay.

maybe they should rename this place GayT.S.

top topics

join